Social Major study finds Gender Affirming Care has no significant effect on suicide rate

If conservatives didn't dominate society they wouldn't care about controlling other peoples personal healthcare decisions.

"Real women" and "fake women" have one thing in common which is conservatives desire to control them.

Regardless if the study is valid, the medical field has a deeply conservative (not politically) mindset, and they’ll always push back on anything that disrupts the status quo because “first, do no harm” means change is often very slow moving, and anyone who deviates is admonished.

If/when the study is replicated, and we move past this, everyone will look back and be like “well no shit” but remember that people will have opposed it every step of the way.

Enabling the mentally ill doesn't help them

And whether or not gender dysphoria is legitamite is a disagreement we have.

But heres the deal you'd have felt the same 15 years ago. And trans people would have gotten the gender affirming care they needed without interference. Its been politicized leading to A people seeking treatment who shouldn't have it and B people who need it(in the eyes of the medical community) not getting it. And thats very sad. If you depoliticized the issue and everything went back to the way it was so much harm would be averted. But then you can't use it as culture war wedge issue.

Whether it has an effect on suicide or not, we really won't know for at least a few decades what the whole ramifications are when it comes to this "business".

If a boy wants to be a girl and is suicidal and they chop his genitals off and carve out a vagina, he might have temporary relief by thinking that he is now a girl but he will slowly come to the realization that he is now neither a girl, nor a boy, but somewhere weirdly in the middle. Straight guys won't recognize him as a woman and gay guys won't recognize him as a man.

His life will basically come down to whether he can find someone with a fetish for what he has going on or he will need to be completely coddled by his friends and by society who will constantly need to ensure him that he made the right choice and that he really is a woman. At some point he'll realize that he is in a completely fucked up situation that there is literally no fix for. I feel bad for these people and am pissed off at society for sending them down this mostly dead end road.

at least this one admits the trannies are fake.

No I used the air quotes. Its like saying "for the sake of argument". Doesn't mean I accept your argument but am acknowleding it to make my point.

No I used the air quotes. Its like saying "for the sake of argument". Doesn't mean I accept your argument but am acknowleding it to make my point.
you used air quotes to highlight both real women and fake women?just put air quotes on everything then. at least it would make the sentence more interesting

Real women and fake women "have" one thing in common which is conservatives desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one "thing" in common which is conservatives desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in "common" which is conservatives desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in common which is "conservatives" desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in common which is conservatives "desire" to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in common which is conservatives desire to "control" them.

you used air quotes to highlight both real women and fake women?just put air quotes on everything then. at least it would make the sentence more interesting

Real women and fake women "have" one thing in common which is conservatives desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one "thing" in common which is conservatives desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in "common" which is conservatives desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in common which is "conservatives" desire to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in common which is conservatives "desire" to control them.
Real women and fake women have one thing in common which is conservatives desire to "control" them.

I mean this is a little excessive but you seemingly get the concept now good for you!

NY Post, 'nuff said.

Here's what the article sidesteps: they're implying gender affirming care doesn't help people by making this connection to suicide without actually establishing that it's true. I agree it's good to have established that mental healthcare in North America is not anywhere close to adequate and that it's the main way to reduce incidence of suicide.

Whether or not the conclusions of the study are accurate, however, it does not show people should not receive gender affirming care, rather than it doesn't serve that particular purpose.

Case in point,

This is the kind of garbage the NY Post wanted to generate with this story.
I've never read the New York post. Got all my info from scholars mostly on the left from Europe. There is no right-wing Christian movement in Europe to poison the conversation. So over there they're having very intelligent conversations, whereas over here it seems to be a partisan issue pushed by bigots on the right and those on the left who knee jerk react to them.

Look up the unfolding scandal of Travistock to see the profound damage current transgender policy has put upon children at all stages of treatment from therapy to medication to surgeries. It's been unscientific to say the least.

I've never read the New York post. Got all my info from scholars mostly on the left from Europe. There is no right-wing Christian movement in Europe to poison the conversation. So over there they're having very intelligent conversations, whereas over here it seems to be a partisan issue pushed by bigots on the right and those on the left who knee jerk react to them.

Look up the unfolding scandal of Travistock to see the profound damage current transgender policy has put upon children at all stages of treatment from therapy to medication to surgeries. It's been unscientific to say the least.
So, what you're saying is you're commenting without having even read the information the OP links to? Got it.

Note to self: disregard this tool.

So, what you're saying is you're commenting without having even read the information the OP links to? Got it.

Note to self: disregard this tool.
You're always such a total a****** man. I feel sorry for you frankly.

Most of the people know my position as they've read my position many times in these kinds of threads. And yes, there is a serious problem going on with the way we're treating transgender people including missing comorbidities that have a lot more to do with what's wrong with the kid than the trans issue itself add affirmative care to that and we are wrecking kids.

There also seems to be statistical proof that once you start a person on medication it guarantees a surgery when otherwise a surgery wouldn't happen down the road. And that makes sense when you think about it. Once you change a person's hormones and make them feel more feminine or more masculine, they're more likely to eventually get a surgery, but it's the hormone speaking!!

Travisstock has exploded in Europe as the case study for everything we're doing wrong with the trans issue and it's happening everywhere.

Intelligent conversation on this issue is worth having, especially in the states where it's almost never possible due to partisan hacks who are unable to see past their own aisle and look at the issue clearly. But I blame the left for this more than the right because in the case of many people on the right it just happens to be a broken clock being right twice a day in this case. I don't expect bigots to think clearly. But it does seem to be quite difficult to get anyone from the left to learn anything real about these issues instead of just knee jerk reacting.

Most of the people know my position as they've read my position many times in these kinds of threads. And yes, there is a serious problem going on with the way we're treating transgender people including missing comorbidities that have a lot more to do with what's wrong with the kid than the trans issue itself add affirmative care to that and we are wrecking kids.

There also seems to be statistical proof that once you start a person on medication it guarantees a surgery when otherwise a surgery wouldn't happen down the road. And that makes sense when you think about it. Once you change a person's hormones and make them feel more feminine or more masculine, they're more likely to eventually get a surgery, but it's the hormone speaking!!

Travisstock has exploded in Europe as the case study for everything we're doing wrong with the trans issue and it's happening everywhere.

Intelligent conversation on this issue is worth having, especially in the states where it's almost never possible due to partisan hacks who are unable to see past their own aisle and look at the issue clearly. But I blame the left for this more than the right because in the case of many people on the right it just happens to be a broken clock being right twice a day in this case. I don't expect bigots to think clearly. But it does seem to be quite difficult to get anyone from the left to learn anything real about these issues instead of just knee jerk reacting.

Whats the Travistock issue?

Intelligent conversation does not consist of self-righteously proclaiming yourself the arbiter of intelligence, which you do very often. It does not inspire one to treat you with anything but disdain.

Whats the Travistock issue?
A government run treatment center in eurpoe that has conveniently lost all its records once it was discovered that they have been profoundly unscientific and commiting malpractice in the treatment of transgender youths.

Issues where they have missed the boat are affirmative care where you can't even question the kids self-identity as being trans in a serious way as a therapist to explore comorbidities, and the one way ticket that treating kids with trans issues creates towards surgery when you medicate them. There's more but that kind of sums it up. It's a serious explosion and in Europe there is a ton of very intelligent discussion taking place around these issues. There isn't a right wing Christian movement in Europe and so that has allowed for a lot more productive conversations to take place where people who question the trans issue as it's being treated today can't be called Christian bigots to shut them up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back