International Manhunt in Belgium

I'm not sure which direction you mean, but I do think it is a problem that the BBC would state something that sounds almost like hearsay and not show any evidence. It's a serious allegation to say someone is threatening a public official/someone who is dictating the virus response. To just throw out there that someone says he's done stuff in the past is ... rather weak.

It said threats and they put the virologist and his family in safe houses

I'm assuming much more of a "I can't wait to get my hands on and kill that guy" than someone just complaining about fauci asking everyone to wear masks

Guy probably believed some of the crap articles about how covid is fake and they're just using the pandemic to take over the world and microchip us

“Being against covid measures and covid vaccines all too often coincides with glorification of violence and raw racism. I cannot realize that threats come almost exclusively from that corner. Let one thing be clear: such threats do not make the slightest impression on me.” Van Ranst wrote on Twitter.

Arnold-Commando.jpg

This is what I picture......

Wasn't Belgium the home of Islamic jihadists like the Paris bombers? Now it's right wing non-religious nutjobs?

Yes antwerp is a heavy terror cell place from what i heard our police say

Although I have a great love my Country and what it represents in terms of freedom and ideals, I imagine that I will be seeing more of the same as we grant asylum to those who don't share those same ideals.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57168576

Apparently, our suspect is a former sniper in the military. He's armed and supposedly even has rocket launchers.

The political angle here is that he's apparently a far right extremist who is also on a terrorist watchlist.

If he's on a terror watch list, why wasn't his clearance and access to the armory revoked or at least suspended?

Arnold-Commando.jpg

This is what I picture......

Wasn't Belgium the home of Islamic jihadists like the Paris bombers? Now it's right wing non-religious nutjobs?
Antwerp is organized crime, Brussels is terrorism from what I know. We've always had our share of far right nutjobs, probably shot up those supermarkets in the 80's too.

Interesting to see how it plays out. What constitutes far right in Belgium?
Probably the same thing as the guy in Norway that killed all those people a few years ago. Will wait for the manifesto.

Sounds like a real straight shooter.

Ha-ha.

“Being against covid measures and covid vaccines all too often coincides with glorification of violence and raw racism. I cannot realize that threats come almost exclusively from that corner. Let one thing be clear: such threats do not make the slightest impression on me.” Van Ranst wrote on Twitter.

He said, from his safe house, patrolled by armed police;)

Back