Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters
Picked this up last week. I am still loving this trilogy. I forgot how much I actually loved the first ME. It really is awesome. It doesn’t get enough love because the gameplay mechanics aren’t as polished. But I think it’s fun driving around all the different planets and finding shit.

I just got through Feros last night. That’s a fun mission. I somehow saved every colonist. Usually I get impatient and blast a couple of them just for the impertinence.

Picked this up last week. I am still loving this trilogy. I forgot how much I actually loved the first ME. It really is awesome. It doesn’t get enough love because the gameplay mechanics aren’t as polished. But I think it’s fun driving around all the different planets and finding shit.

I just got through Feros last night. That’s a fun mission. I somehow saved every colonist. Usually I get impatient and blast a couple of them just for the impertinence.

I thought driving around in the Mako and exploring planets was one of the coolest aspects of the series. While it could be repetitive, it added a lot of depth and mystery to the game. Walking around on a strange planet, so far from civilization, not knowing what you were going to find. It really gave you a sense of being "out there" in the wild reaches of the galaxy, on your own. I wish they would have maintained that in the later games (I haven't played Andromeda).

I thought driving around in the Mako and exploring planets was one of the coolest aspects of the series. While it could be repetitive, it added a lot of depth and mystery to the game. Walking around on a strange planet, so far from civilization, not knowing what you were going to find. It really gave you a sense of being "out there" in the wild reaches of the galaxy, on your own. I wish they would have maintained that in the later games (I haven't played Andromeda).

Yeah, other than driving that hunk of shit around, the concept was good, and could've been tweaked and expanded upon, rather than scrapping it and replacing it with that "planet scanning" shit in ME2.

that IGN speedrun "devs react" was such a blatant marketing promo for the remaster

Devs couldn't name anyone who worked on anything they watched in over an hour, kept awkwardly "marveling" over how different the graphics will be in the remaster while somehow managing to shit on the speedrunner and the gameplay

Did they make the gun shooting any better? That was one of its biggest weaknesses.

Yeah, other than driving that hunk of shit around, the concept was good, and could've been tweaked and expanded upon, rather than scrapping it and replacing it with that "planet scanning" shit in ME2.

I know a lot of people hate how the Mako handles, but for whatever reason I never really had an issue with it. That thing could climb mountains like a mf'er......Skyrim's horses got nothing on the Mako.

I was always trying to jump off the largest cliffs I could find to see if I could damage it. The wheel indicators would turn red at times, but I could never tell if it had any real impact.

Did anyone make a custom Shep for the legendary edition? Thinking about just using the default male Shep since I heard he looks the best facial structure wise. Had a custom femshep the last go around.

I always stick to default other than the class.

I can never stick to the default character in any game. Even if I just make minor changes to an existing template, my character has to be personalized. Gotta at least change the shape of the nose, or the hairstyle or whatever.

Did they make the gun shooting any better? That was one of its biggest weaknesses.

Yes, it's better. It's not as good as ME2/ME3 but it definitely feels more like a shooter than ME1. The cover system and AI (both teammates and enemies) are pretty wonky at times making the shooting sometimes annoying but it feels better than the original.

Here's a fun moment I had with a Krogan.

Yes, it's better. It's not as good as ME2/ME3 but it definitely feels more like a shooter than ME1. The cover system and AI (both teammates and enemies) are pretty wonky at times making the shooting sometimes annoying but it feels better than the original.

Here's a fun moment I had with a Krogan.

My fucking AI teammates blew up the Mako trying to kill some Geth hiding behind it lol

My fucking AI teammates blew up the Mako trying to kill some Geth hiding behind it lol

LMAO. The AI is really bad sometimes. I don't remember it being this bad but I guess it's just always been like that. ME2/3 the AI were a lot better I think. Or at least it was a lot easier to control their power usage and have them actually hit what you command them to hit and I feel like they didn't do as much dumb stuff in general

LMAO. The AI is really bad sometimes. I don't remember it being this bad but I guess it's just always been like that. ME2/3 the AI were a lot better I think. Or at least it was a lot easier to control their power usage and have them actually hit what you command them to hit and I feel like they didn't do as much dumb stuff in general

I lost count on how many times they would just keep shooting walls or the cover without moving. The AI isn't great in ME1. Still fun to play, though.

It feels a bit improved. It’s been years since I played the original original, so I don’t really know. But it is a bit different. And that difference is definitely a improvement. I agree that was the weakest part of the first one.

I played Andromeda for like 2 hours. One of those hours was creating my character. After that, he never touched it again. It just wasn’t fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back