Max Payne 1,2, and 3

Never played three loved the first one don’t rember if i finished. The 2nd or not that was right around when i got out. Of gaming for. A decade or so..

I enjoyed the bullet time in Max Payne 1 but over all I found the game was too violent for my taste.

Played the first, I think it was released close to Matrix, which made the game even more cool. I remember there was a mission on a office bulding much like in Matrix maybe Im wrong

Played the first, I think it was released close to Matrix, which made the game even more cool. I remember there was a mission on a office bulding much like in Matrix maybe Im wrong

Could be wrong, but I believe it was before The Matrix. I remember reading something about it being the first property to introduce "bullet time".

Max Payne felt like it was influenced by Matrix. The gfx at the time were the best and I remember upgrading my gpu to play, first time moving from 3dfx and I hated Nvidia fanboys and their 32bit colors lol

Wish I could find a copy of MP3 for sale for a ps3. Shit is impossible to find in person anywhere in NY

Wish I could find a copy of MP3 for sale for a ps3. Shit is impossible to find in person anywhere in NY

Try Facebook market place. I say that because this thread has made me want to try and find it too, and sure enough I’ve found several posts of people selling off their ps3 games for $5-10 a game. One guy apparently lives about two blocks from me, and so I’m trying to make arrangements to pick up MP3 from him.

Max Payne 1 had excellent storytelling and it was the first game to have bullet time. The gunplay and guns were so awesome! Bullets had real impact. The part where ur captured, tied up and beat and get to escape was so cool! Felt like a movie.

I haven't been on the PS3 in a while, but if they're still supporting it and the PS store is still up, they had it on sale quite regularly. I grabbed it for like $5 years ago. Just check in every once and a while.

I haven't been on the PS3 in a while, but if they're still supporting it and the PS store is still up, they had it on sale quite regularly. I grabbed it for like $5 years ago. Just check in every once and a while.

I was just about to say that I looked for it on the PS store just the other day for PS3 and it wasn’t there, but I was actually thinking about Chronicles of Riddick which is not available for some reason. Max Payne 3 is still on the PS store, I just checked.

I was just about to say that I looked for it on the PS store just the other day for PS3 and it wasn’t there, but I was actually thinking about Chronicles of Riddick which is not available for some reason. Max Payne 3 is still on the PS store, I just checked.
For real? PS Store on the ps3? Did u see MP2 by chance?

For anyone in the UK, Max Payne 1 and 3 are still on the ps3 store, and Max Payne 1 is on the ps4 store

First Max Payne was pretty special. I remember getting it on PC and being blown away by the cut scenes and nightmare scene. It really felt like the next big evolution in gaming like DOOM and Quake. While it didn't quite reach that level, it still felt at the very least, the game of the year.

I didn't like the character design change in MP2. It was still a good game and the graphics were great at the time. The story was also really good and felt even more like a noir than the first but there's just something about changing actors in movies or radical character design changes that bothers me. Just make something new if you are going to do that. I've already grown attached to that character/actor and it takes away having to get used to someone new. Anyway, still a good game and I remember the last sequence like it was yesterday.

MP3 felt a bit like a sleeper hit. Gameplay wise it feels like Max Payne but the story and setting doesn't at all. It went from being a noir to almost feeling like Far Cry or GTA. I still liked it a lot. The soundtrack was great. The story wasn't very memorable but I did like all of the traumatized Max moments and monologues. It wasn't quite the epilogue I wanted for Max but it was sold.

It had easily one of the most bad ass sections I've ever played in a game:

A solid trilogy all around.

1st one is ingrained in my memory for life, such a unique disturbing feel to that game.

2nd one I never played annoyingly, i'll try seek it out one day.

3rd one I enjoyed, but it felt like a very different experience to what 1 had going on.

For anyone in the UK, Max Payne 1 and 3 are still on the ps3 store, and Max Payne 1 is on the ps4 store
I'm firing up my ps3 right now. Gonna see if MP3 is in their. I live in New York but thanks for the heads up bruv. Wish MP2 was in the ps store

I'm firing up my ps3 right now. Gonna see if MP3 is in their. I live in New York but thanks for the heads up bruv. Wish MP2 was in the ps store

MP2 isn’t in the PS store because it was never on PS3 (or ported to PS4 like MP1 was). It was only ever a PS2 title, as well as OG Xbox and PC.

MP2 isn’t in the PS store because it was never on PS3 (or ported to PS4 like MP1 was). It was only ever a PS2 title, as well as OG Xbox and PC.
So I found MP3 on the ps3 in the ps store for 19.99 USD. I thank you for posting that earlier bruv! I got the classic max payne skin add on as well lol. The skin was 0.49 USD

That sucks cus the whole trilogy is damn fun imo. I did go into FB marketplace and saw several people selling MP2 for dirt cheap and my ps3 plays ps2 games so I'm thinking ima buy a copy. Saw one for 15$

That sucks cus the whole trilogy is damn fun imo. I did go into FB marketplace and saw several people selling MP2 for dirt cheap and my ps3 plays ps2 games so I'm thinking ima buy a copy. Saw one for 15$

Oh, you’ve got one of the older models of PS3? Nice. Well, go for it I guess.

Back