Mayra Silva Goes From “No One Wants to Watch My Fight” to Saying Her Fight Is Helping Sell the Strickland/DDP Fight

WBW reminds me of mens HW. There should be no reason why Andrei Arlovski and Overeem were picking up as many wins as they do/did. The reality is the pool for women that size is smaller so we end up with Pennington getting back to a title shot solely on having a lot of experience which out weighs her age in this division. Same thing with Overeem where he was going against younger fighters who were suppose to take the torch but he used experience to get wins over them. No one at WBW can even get a decent win streak going for the most part.

Pennington is on a 5 fight win streak though. But then again, so was Arlovski not too long ago.

Pennington is on a 5 fight win streak though. But then again, so was Arlovski not too long ago.
Pennington deserved it for sure. I'm just saying if you watched her streak they weren't all that impressive. Seemed like she would have slightly better fight IQ in some of those to pull out the win. There isn't even anyone in the division on the come up. If you look in the top 15 all fighters are ones that have been in the UFC for a long time, most trading wins and loses. We know what we got with all of them. I have a hard time picking anyone to hold the belt for long. Ketlin Viera I was high on at one point but she always seems to shit the bed when it matters the most.

she's about to get an easy sub and a title. she shouldn't be whining much.

She's right in that Strickland isn't a star, but he's the MW champ so the fight will sell. I had forgotten that... we don't have a BW champ? And Pennington is fighting this other chick for the belt? I mean how the F did we go from Ronda/Nunes era to this? What the hell???

She popped for her last fight, and was suspended. The NSAC overturned her win to a NC. But she still got credit for the win over Holly in the rankings.

And now she’s talking shit. It’s pretty off putting, imo. Nobody knows who the fuck she is at this point. And now she’s talking too much. She hasn’t done anything yet. She does have a good chance of beating Rocky. Personally I’m cheering for Rocky, though.
I looked up it earlier this week, and it was some kind of Ritalin for her ADHD, so I wouldn't consider that a PED, so her win against is Holm is legit.

She popped for her last fight, and was suspended. The NSAC overturned her win to a NC. But she still got credit for the win over Holly in the rankings.

And now she’s talking shit. It’s pretty off putting, imo. Nobody knows who the fuck she is at this point. And now she’s talking too much. She hasn’t done anything yet. She does have a good chance of beating Rocky. Personally I’m cheering for Rocky, though.
She "popped" for some ADHD medicine which shouldn't even count. She is an exciting fighter compared to Pennington and actually finishes fights.

Not one of those wmma hater people but yeah 135 is fucking garbage. I honestly do think Ronda could show up and beat some of them
Amanda could have stayed at the top for another decade if she wanted to. Now Katlyn Chookagian could go snatch the belt from whoever wins tonight

I’m sure it fans lost the Strickland/DDP fight on the card there would be quite a bit of a backlash. If the card lost Silva/Pennington I’m guessing a lot less.. a lot.

Many fun ways Mayra could have responded that probably would have got to Sean…
Good point, to take it further im pretty sure 95% of fans would take that fight falling through if it meant the main event starting earlier in the night lol

Mayra is an entertaining fighter. Pennington is the problem. She doesn't deserve to fight for the title. Her skills are limited, she never shows any heart and she always looks out of shape.

Peña isn't a great fighter either, but at least she's tough as nails.

I’m sure it fans lost the Strickland/DDP fight on the card there would be quite a bit of a backlash. If the card lost Silva/Pennington I’m guessing a lot less.. a lot.

Many fun ways Mayra could have responded that probably would have got to Sean…
Would anyone even realize?

All I know is I never EVER heard of Myra before the event poster. While I might not be a total hard-core I know a Little bit.. And the one she is fighting is a known journey woman past even that prime. The co main here has absolute zero fan interest. She's delusional.

Robertson Viana is a bigger fight than Pennington Mayra.

Sometimes I watch women's mma and think about rolling in private with one or both contestants.

Sometimes I watch women's mma to see whether fighter-Rose or dumb-Rose shows up.

Mostly, I don't watch women's mma.

I think this all probably makes me bad.

I'm okay with it.

At the base level, I think I'd rather pleasure a good looking girl than watch her fight. That's pretty weird, but I studied on it some, and it is true.

Oh well.

Silva's biggest exposure up until this point is headlining a FN card against old ish ish Holly Holm. Pennington on the other hand has had too much exposure as is. She's extremely mediocre. I agree with Silva's initial assessment.

Surprised Peña wasn't tabbed to fight as she's more popular than both (injury?).

And i agree with others here: Mayra ain't near hot enough to be running her mouth like that.

I missed the Egger one by accident.

Strickland I always miss. Except when he fought Adesanya and Killa Gorilla but that’s unrelated to his boring pitter patter.
It happens to the best of us. I went to prison, probably actually did miss a Bueno Silva fight or two.

Back