Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Hey @Strychnine, check this out. I went to high school here in Oklahoma with Sherry Stearns. Found out through my high school class reunion that she is now a Colonel in the U.S. Air Force. Way to go Sherry...
YouTube: Ask an Air Force Officer - #AskTheCC

Last edited:
Update on my 1st Cycle. Being integrated is making this Whole Process easy. Our 5k , 8k and 10k hikes all went at a relatively slow pace because of the Female Platoon. The same goes for the PT runs as well. Also none of the Female DIs are fast so I slow my pace at times so it doesn't look like I'm leaving some in the Dust.

Update on my 1st Cycle. Being integrated is making this Whole Process easy. Our 5k , 8k and 10k hikes all went at a relatively slow pace because of the Female Platoon. The same goes for the PT runs as well. Also none of the Female DIs are fast so I slow my pace at times so it doesn't look like I'm leaving some in the Dust.
No more 3k hike?

Running in formation sucks, but it gets worse when you’re shuffling in formation because people are too slow to keep a 7-8min mi pace.

Unrelated story but it is about rucking...

I had an interesting ruck run once, the cadre walks out to the formation at 0 dark whenever, his ruck was on and he says: You better finish this with me or you’ll pay. On his ruck was a speaker, and he turned on Runnin With Devil, which I heard on repeat for the next couple of hours while we ran through sand. We crossed the line right with him and he sent us to chow, anyone who came in later waited for the rest of the guys to finish... then ran an obstacle course and ate an MRE breakfast lol.. pays to be winner.

Everytime I hear that song I remember that day.

Running in formation sucks, but it gets worse when you’re shuffling in formation because people are too slow to keep a 7-8min mi pace.

Look man I was always fine with formation runs. Especially on some Fridays where we knew we'd be off by noon. BUT fuck me when they made us do cadence. Dawg I'm just trying to get this run over with.

Feels less than that. I picked up a recruit pack the other day and almost laughed.
We still had the ALICE packs with the metal frames in 03. Packed a pair of cammies, pair of boots, gortex top/bottom, maybe poncho and extra pair of socks or something. No flak and kevlar worn. Two full canteens on your cartridge belt.

We still had the ALICE packs with the metal frames in 03. Packed a pair of cammies, pair of boots, gortex top/bottom, maybe poncho and extra pair of socks or something. No flak and kevlar worn. Two full canteens on your cartridge belt.
Same in 05. Back then Hats used to Hike in the Campaign covers , now we Hike in 8 points when the Hogs see us in our 8 points for the 1st time they get all confused.

i'm sparing y'all the gory details of the carnage we had to deal with in the navy bootcamp

Great Lakes, Orlando, or San Diego?
orlando. i'm a nuke

i went back in like 2004 and drove around where the base was. i think only one building is still standing. i didn't really recognize anything until driving by the lake and was like holy fuck my beq was right here

orlando. i'm a nuke

i went back in like 2004 and drove around where the base was. i think only one building is still standing. i didn't really recognize anything until driving by the lake and was like holy fuck my beq was right here
Yep, my dad went there in the early 70s. There was NOTHING in Orlando at the time.

i'm sparing y'all the gory details of the carnage we had to deal with in the navy bootcamp
I feel ya man. In AF boot camp we once walked from the building where we picked up our blues, back to the barracks. In our oversized dress shoes! Wtf.

Last edited:
Another horror story from boot camp.

They made us run 2 miles at the end of boot camp. Shit. Was. Rough.

One last one.

The Dorm Chief and all four element leaders got recycled because they got caught in the supply closet looking through the vent at our sister flight lol.
<{outtahere}>

Former military service member checking in.

I plan on being a civilian Police Officer on station here. I am completing the screening process for the position now.

Back