Modern Warfare/Warzone (Call of Duty, 2019)

Rate your interest in a Season 7 for the MW reboot

• Total voters
Very camp heavy so far. The maps and game design make run n gun difficult. Not impossible, but it's a lot harder to get good K/D ratio via run n gun compared to many of the other games.

Probably the worst maps in the series.

The game appears to want the player to play a slower more methodical style, which basically turns into camp fests. Camping which has existed since the dawn of FPS of course will be a thing, but the way the maps are designed and the loud af footsteps with no constant Dead Silence option makes it really risky to run around.
The footsteps are super loud. You can use the dead silence booster that recharges. I’ve been running it because I like to run and gun.

Honestly I don’t find this version of CoD any more campy than the previous versions (WWII especially) but the maps do made it difficult to run and gun. I had to get 60 handgun kills for a mission I was working on. I found it easiest to play the “Realism” mode or whatever they call it. The one with no HUD. I find the people play differently in that mode, creeping around slower, so flanking then got me the kills.

Now I’m working on another mission that involved 25 frag grande kills. Going slow. Very, VERY slow.

Anyone who disliked the last 4 CoDs out there due to the space weapons, you’ll like this one IMO. It’s a return to the roots.

Also it’s pretty cool that they offer cross platform.

The footsteps are super loud. You can use the dead silence booster that recharges. I’ve been running it because I like to run and gun.

Honestly I don’t find this version of CoD any more campy than the previous versions (WWII especially) but the maps do made it difficult to run and gun. I had to get 60 handgun kills for a mission I was working on. I found it easiest to play the “Realism” mode or whatever they call it. The one with no HUD. I find the people play differently in that mode, creeping around slower, so flanking then got me the kills.

Now I’m working on another mission that involved 25 frag grande kills. Going slow. Very, VERY slow.

Anyone who disliked the last 4 CoDs out there due to the space weapons, you’ll like this one IMO. It’s a return to the roots.

Also it’s pretty cool that they offer cross platform.

It's far more campier than the CODs I put a lot of time into. I did not like WW2 and I get some vibes of that game from this new one.

I am a standard TDM guy when it comes to COD, so my opinions and experience comes from that point of view. There are just less tools to deal with campers and the numerous spots to camp and now doors being open/closable makes it hard to save your 1 or 2 grenades to ensure you don't have to deal with them. And yeah again, the footsteps are LOUD. It's really hard to quickly flank people and go on a good run doing so unless Dead Silence is up. Which is another problem that Dead Silence is on cooldown which is ridiculous.

I don't feel this is a "return to the roots" at all aside from it being a similar theme. The gameplay is much different than the typically fast pace of the older games.

I will say that the 2v2 mode is pretty fun. I like it a lot. I wish there would be some sort of ranking system. Even the pub games might as well have a rank since there's skill based matchmaking, that way you will at least know if you are making progress or not.

Finally- I am a COD fan. So my opinions on this game doesn't stem from being one of those guys who shits on COD every year. I have played just about every COD since COD2 but I don't like all of them. So, while I am a fan of the series I am not a shill for the series but at the same time I am not a hater by any means.

To be honest I’m really trying to enjoy this game but so far I have not. Footsteps are super loud so people literally just sound whore and sit and wait for you to come to them in a corner somewhere, I found if I know I am going to rush as there are enemies nearby, the temporary dead silence works well, I definitely will not be changing it for anything else.

Also, as people have mentioned in this thread the camping atrocious, 90% of the games I’ve been in have been full of them, It’s honestly so bad I do think this has been the worst case of camping in a COD, at least in my memory.

The maps are also fucking TRASH. Nothing to write home about at all, all of them are super camp heavy and you can barley even rush. Hopefully a big patch comes soon to fix these discrepancies, I will continue to play, as I pre ordered it, but at the rate it’s going for me right now, I’m just not having much fun playing. BO4 was way more entertaining for me, I literally would go back to that if this game does not work out.

I bought it but im not impressed. Visually the game is fine. It looks good.

Movement wise, the game feels like its in slow motion, or youre running under water.

Sound: Game relies heavily on your headset, if you have agood headset you have a massive advantage, no real skill involved there

Damage: Recoil is easy and you can kill most enemies within half a second, making the game feel like it doesn't require any skill

Maps: Maps are teeny tiny and most people camp

No BR mode, no zombies

I would refund the game if i could. Ive played every cod except ghosts and this game just doesn't seem very good

Hm. I guess I'm on crack then.

LOL. If you like it then that's all that matters. I don't think the game is really "bad" it's just no my cup of tea and generally not enjoyable as a COD game to me.

Imagine not having a decent gaming headset in 2019.

The footsteps are so loud I bet people without headsets can still soundwhore.

Imagine not having a decent gaming headset in 2019.

I do have a good headset, probably way better than yours, but the directional sound is still hard to follow. I can do it, and it gives me an advantage as I can pre fire ppl before they walk through the door. Not a fan

LOL. If you like it then that's all that matters. I don't think the game is really "bad" it's just no my cup of tea and generally not enjoyable as a COD game to me.

The footsteps are so loud I bet people without headsets can still soundwhore.
Dead silence and ghost >>>

Dead silence and ghost >>>

Dead Silence is great but I think it should be a perk instead of a field upgrade. I think that would help significantly with being able to play a bit faster.

either way everyone will bitch about Dead Silence so i have no problem the way it is.

if its not "i hear them so often this is so easy to kill" itll be "this is BS i cant even hear any footsteps they need to change this right away!!" lmao

The camping must be a PC/PS4 thing because i do not notice the camping that much on xbox.

Any xbone players here notice the camp heavy scrubs?

I bought it but im not impressed. Visually the game is fine. It looks good.

Movement wise, the game feels like its in slow motion, or youre running under water.

Sound: Game relies heavily on your headset, if you have agood headset you have a massive advantage, no real skill involved there

Damage: Recoil is easy and you can kill most enemies within half a second, making the game feel like it doesn't require any skill

Maps: Maps are teeny tiny and most people camp

No BR mode, no zombies

I would refund the game if i could. Ive played every cod except ghosts and this game just doesn't seem very good

Last time cod required skill was cod 2

Back