MONSTER HUNTER RISE Hypetrain

Nintendo went a little overboard with the weeb shit.
There's been multiple games in the franchise with heavy Japanese vibes. It was huge in Japan before it was even given a chance in the west. It's less catering to weebs and more just going back to "classic" Monster Hunter with all the modern bells and whistles.

I finished up the cat paw dual blades tonight. Saw them a few days ago and started then, then Gaijin Hunter dropped a video about it and ruined my niche lol. It's a sick set though, white sharpness, 100% crits, max crit boost, max attack boost, paralysis, and comfort stuff like free meal and quick sharpening.

Next goal is the bullfango hunting horn for max damage. I've been wanting to get away from the Narga crit meta and explore more options. Luckily there are some weapons that can stack up.

Covid and the data breach kind of fucked things up, but there's still end game content that will be dropping from this month until the G expansion which will add a ton of monsters and another difficulty. It's a little sparser than normal at the moment, but barely, it's got a long way to go still.
Yeah people are saying it's gonna rival GU once it's got all the content released.

Overall I am enjoying Rise endgame more than base World endgame, if not simply for the fact that I don't have to farm the same 4 monsters for decos... (Which after 300+ hours in base world I NEVER got an attack decoration to drop...)

Also, I feel more inclined to try other weapons which extends my fun. Just made my hunting horn after starting with hammer and I am enjoying it.

I finished up the cat paw dual blades tonight. Saw them a few days ago and started then, then Gaijin Hunter dropped a video about it and ruined my niche lol. It's a sick set though, white sharpness, 100% crits, max crit boost, max attack boost, paralysis, and comfort stuff like free meal and quick sharpening.

Next goal is the bullfango hunting horn for max damage. I've been wanting to get away from the Narga crit meta and explore more options. Luckily there are some weapons that can stack up.

Farmed the paw tickets last night, now need to get the rest of the armor and skills, but I am close. Looks like it will be so fun to play.

I have been spoiled by the meta Weakness Exploit set, every other set I look to make just feels flat out inferior and I don't know what's worth making even just for fun. I came up with a Magnamalo IG set last night that has white sharpness, a blast bug, and protective polish. So big raw and blasts galore. But then I see the numbers and I just feel weak.

After a week of charm farming, I went and cleared a bunch of normal hunts last night. The dango quest with Magnamalo and Rathalos got me a Ruby and an Orb from the broken parts in that one hunt alone. After a week of pretty bad RNG luck, that took me by surprise.

I've been dipping my toes in to the Hunting Horn. It's such a weird weapon, they simplified it immensely, but it feels more complicated than ever, in a good way though. The combos are where I really want to improve, everything chains together so it becomes more about positioning with attacks to maintain momentum rather than one or two perfect repeated chains.

I've been going sheer attack but the second I can play on wifi again, I'm gunning for the Rampage horn. Again, it's more simple than ever but that thing has endless options so it's still intimidating.

I have been spoiled by the meta Weakness Exploit set, every other set I look to make just feels flat out inferior and I don't know what's worth making even just for fun. I came up with a Magnamalo IG set last night that has white sharpness, a blast bug, and protective polish. So big raw and blasts galore. But then I see the numbers and I just feel weak.

After a week of charm farming, I went and cleared a bunch of normal hunts last night. The dango quest with Magnamalo and Rathalos got me a Ruby and an Orb from the broken parts in that one hunt alone. After a week of pretty bad RNG luck, that took me by surprise.
I'm rocking zinogre head Anja chest kamura gloves spido or whatever waist and rajang pants with a weakness exploit charm slotted with a focus gem. It's nuts for greatsword. Nargacuga GS of course

I'm rocking zinogre head Anja chest kamura gloves spido or whatever waist and rajang pants with a weakness exploit charm slotted with a focus gem. It's nuts for greatsword. Nargacuga GS of course
Sounds like you have an extra Weakness Exploit in there. I guess since GS hits fewer times, WE 3 might be noticably better than WE 2, but you can fit a lot in on the head or waist.

The Anja waist gives Attack Boost 2 and has a 2 slot deco. You'll lose a WE but it might be worth it if you can get to Attack Boost 4 for the % boost. Another option is replacing the Zinogre head with Almudron, it comes with two 2 slot decos so you can free up the chest for Crit Boost 3 or just add some attack.

Rathalos gloves give you 2 Attack Boost with a 2 slot deco as well, so that could pay off a lot more than 10% affinity when you're already between 70%-90%. You can definitely overdo it on the affinity, I was probably at 130% in GU before I realized how unnecessary it was.

Giving up one or two criticals every 10 attacks probably isn't too big a deal when you're dealing 8% more damage on every single attack whether it's a crit or not, plus extra raw.

Sounds like you have an extra Weakness Exploit in there. I guess since GS hits fewer times, WE 3 might be noticably better than WE 2, but you can fit a lot in on the head or waist.

The Anja waist gives Attack Boost 2 and has a 2 slot deco. You'll lose a WE but it might be worth it if you can get to Attack Boost 4 for the % boost. Another option is replacing the Zinogre head with Almudron, it comes with two 2 slot decos so you can free up the chest for Crit Boost 3 or just add some attack.

Rathalos gloves give you 2 Attack Boost with a 2 slot deco as well, so that could pay off a lot more than 10% affinity when you're already between 70%-90%. You can definitely overdo it on the affinity, I was probably at 130% in GU before I realized how unnecessary it was.

Giving up one or two criticals every 10 attacks probably isn't too big a deal when you're dealing 8% more damage on every single attack whether it's a crit or not, plus extra raw.
You were right about the extra weakness exploit. Threw on a quicksheath 2 punishing draw 1 charm with no slots.

And to correct myself, I'm using the Anja gloves not the kamura ones. I have no crit eye right now just wex and the weapons natural affinity

So just a friendly PSA, there was a typo in materials with the Rathian parts being labeled as Rathalos. I went through the whole game thinking there were no decorations for Speed Sharpening, turns out I just didn't have the Rathian part. Speed Sharpening and Free Meal are really nice skills you can squeeze on most any set.

I finally got around to grinding Rampages yesterday and I've seen the light. I got an insane amount of valuable tickets for the talisman melder and a lot of nice parts from a bunch of monsters. You can be a lot lazier with it than repeating the final boss fight and I would argue probably still make more in rewards.

I was working towards some Focus jewels and the Rampage Hunting Horn. The horn was really nice for healing but I got kind of bored, hunts took a little longer and I didn't feel super engaged with the hunt. Probably is a lot better though with teammates using weapons that compliment the recovery songs, ie aggressive weapons that stick it to the monster and keep it busy and need the momentum.

I'm alternating now between the meta affinity Insect Glaive and the Bullfango Hunting Horn with Stamina Thief, Slugger, and Partbreaker. I'm at a point where I'm kind of just crafting all the useful decorations in case I need them for future builds. Gunlance might be my next experiment.

Back