Movies Movie iconic characters that you wonder if played by another actor.

They should just reboot showgirls every year with a different hot actress. It'll be like the spiderman of titty flicks
I said the exact same thing about Poor Things where the story supports it. Anyone who's hot and wants an acting award can do lots of full frontal nudity in the Poor Things blockbuster franchise.

For example.

The Matrix character Neo, the first actor they thought of to play that role is Brandon Lee. I think he could've pulled it off, even though Keanu Reeves was amazing.

Another role is LOTR the Aragorn character was originally offered to Daniel Day-Lewis but he declined, ended up to Viggo Mortensen who did fantastic job obviously. Although I wonder how DDL would've interpreted that role.

Does thread only allow who was actually considered for the role, or we go free fantasy casting bullshit?

If the former

Van Damme was asked to play Johnny Cage in MK movie, but refused to play Guile in SF movie

Now as game SF rape MK, not even in same league or same genre as far i'm concerned
But as movie? MK had far better movie, and with Van Damme in would have doubled the awesomeness

Plus Van Damme would have been legendary Johnny Cage as charater was literlly created thinking at him to begin with, while was'nt that perfect for Guile

Fun thing iirc last MK game got an early 90s Van Damme costume for Johnny lol

- I would like to see Tim Curry as Joker in Batman 89. He could pull obviously.

Robert Patrick as Two Face in Batman Forever.

IMG_2440.png
Apparently Sly was supposed to be the Beverly Hills cop but he thought the role called for much more violence, he was replaced with Eddie Murphy and that turned out halfway decent for all those involved
Sly would end up making his ultra violent cop movie when he was in cobra , it didn’t flop but it was not even in the same dimension as bhc.

Speaking of Eddie Murphy , legend has it if he didn’t land the role of Alex Foley he would have been
IMG_2441.jpeg
The 4th ghost buster , seems awesome, but between him and Bill Murray there might not have been enough screen to go around, and both are known to ad lib some of their best shit , the might not have been able to co exist

The worst part of The Matrix (1999) was Carrie Ann Moss as Trinity. Never considered her attractive whatsoever.

So when I ask myself who was a great starlet in the late 90s that could have been available, my #1 choice was Milla Jovovich.

She was a big pick after the success of 5th Element, so perhaps she wasn't available.

R.c9414fcf5ddd05e3f2dabcce82a0b5f4

R.7507f02306e29511d1976174b3e0c72a

If George Lucas had got his way Leo would have been a way better Anakin Skywalker than Hayden Christensen. I thought the rumor of Sean Connery as Gandalf would have been interesting casting but clearly Ian McKellen was perfect.

Imagine if debbie was played by one off the Dallas cowboys players…

If George Lucas had got his way Leo would have been a way better Anakin Skywalker than Hayden Christensen.

'If Lucas had his way?'

Lucas had complete control over every aspect of the prequel trilogy.

If he had wanted DiCaprio as Anakin in Ep2&3, DiCaprio would have been Anakin in Ep2&3.

'If Lucas had his way?'

Lucas had complete control over every aspect of the prequel trilogy.

If he had wanted DiCaprio as Anakin in Ep2&3, DiCaprio would have been Anakin in Ep2&3.

There's been plenty of stories about it. He was the 1st choice. I remember reading how Lucas wanted him before they casted the part. Leo has since said he was offered it and he turned it down.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/leonardo-dicaprio-explains-why-he-851489/
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/leonardo-dicaprio-anakin-star-wars

Leo has since said he was offered it and he turned it down.

Well okay then, DiCaprio turned it down.

Keep in mind the prequels had the absolute worst performances of Samuel Jackson and Natalie Portman's careers, because the vast majority of it was shot behind green screen and Lucas is fucking horrible at directing actors.

While DiCaprio probably would have given a better performance than Christensen, it probably wouldn't have been much better. Same ballpark.

Not really iconic but I would have like to see Hugh Laurie play Pennywise in It.

My other pick would be that Jamie Fox was not suited in Collateral and I would have had his role played by Paul Giamatti.

Speaking of Eddie Murphy , legend has it if he didn’t land the role of Alex Foley he would have been
View attachment 1035907
The 4th ghost buster , seems awesome, but between him and Bill Murray there might not have been enough screen to go around, and both are known to ad lib some of their best shit , the might not have been able to co exist
Although I think quite an early version which was Aykroyd, Belushi and Murphy, I don't think he was ever intended to play the Winston role as written. My guess would be if they had done a version with him it he might actually have replaced Murray.

Back