Movies Movie iconic characters that you wonder if played by another actor.

I spose you could argue Enemy of the State a year before does have Smith playing a similar kind of character, more down to earth than the Matrix bit still a techno fish out of water story with lots of chases and less of the snarky humour.

I always forget he's part asian

idk who else then, Will Smith, whiich makes me think of Smith being a good fit for Yasuke.
Yeah i think WS would make a good Yasuke too
Depend lot how they write him, but i think would work

My pick would be Idris Elba
tumblr_p31iuhSTNh1uwl6nzo2_540.gif

I'd have loved to have seen the original Ghostbusters lineup as intended. Aykroyd, Belushi in the Bill Murray role, John Candy as Lewis Tully, Eddie Murphy as Winston. Just imagine it.

Does thread only allow who was actually considered for the role, or we go free fantasy casting bullshit?

If the former

Van Damme was asked to play Johnny Cage in MK movie, but refused to play Guile in SF movie

Now as game SF rape MK, not even in same league or same genre as far i'm concerned
But as movie? MK had far better movie, and with Van Damme in would have doubled the awesomeness

Plus Van Damme would have been legendary Johnny Cage as charater was literlly created thinking at him to begin with, while was'nt that perfect for Guile

Fun thing iirc last MK game got an early 90s Van Damme costume for Johnny lol
i heard a funny thing about SF movie and JCVD

after blood sport basically every JCVD movie became a secret martial arts tournament movie even if it didn't fit the plot.

but SF the movie literally based on a game about a secret underground martial arts tournament wasn't about a secret martial arts tournament.

LOL

the mk movie at least played up he tournament angle as well ssqueezing in s much more as possible
and it isn't an Oscar winner but it is the best cheese we could ask for

i heard a funny thing about SF movie and JCVD

after blood sport basically every JCVD movie became a secret martial arts tournament movie even if it didn't fit the plot.

but SF the movie literally based on a game about a secret underground martial arts tournament wasn't about a secret martial arts tournament.

LOL

the mk movie at least played up he tournament angle as well ssqueezing in s much more as possible
and it isn't an Oscar winner but it is the best cheese we could ask for

Yeah very basic difference was that wh made MK movie really loved MK, whoever made SF one could'nt give less fucks about SF

I'm super curious of how will end up the SF movie made by Legendary... Legendary can bring the hype

I actually think he would have been awesome as Wolverine. He's the perfect build for the role and always had a quiet intensity on-screen that could turn into rage in an instant. I can just imagine his guttural roar as he slices and dices

I could envision Bob Hoskins doing the role. The problem is he looks like a schlubby grizzled old dude. Wolverine needs to be buff and look healthy. His powers demand it. So if he ate his vitamins and buffed up Hoskins could definitely pull it off.

Back