Music/MMA/other good stuff

Speaking of music, I just picked one of these up back in February for my birthday

Schecter Solo II Custom
SOLO%20II%20CUSTOM%20ABS%20LAYING%20FULL.jpg

Absolutely amazing for the price. The satin finish is great on the neck, plays really fast. Plus it looks beautiful. Would recommend to any other guitar players looking for a $2,000+ guitar but on a ~$1,000 budget.

I guess you know these as they are arguably ATGs.
I can post some harder ones, if you like that too.

Sultans of Swing live, one of my all time greats for sure! Drummer kills it too!

Alright I'm just getting into listenting and I've already crushed like 7 beers. That first David Gilmour solo had me freaking the fuck out! No way I'm gonna make thru all these tonight but Damn if this is what I'm getting then I'll be good for awhile! Thanks again boys!

Those are good bands and everything but

These guys are actual A-level musicians and not playing little pop songs @BluntTrauma21 chew on this shit dawg. These are two of the best guitar players ever...whole band is ridiculously good

Is this what Jim Carrey's brain looks like?This shit is fucking insane bruv!

Speaking of music, I just picked one of these up back in February for my birthday

Schecter Solo II Custom
SOLO%20II%20CUSTOM%20ABS%20LAYING%20FULL.jpg

Absolutely amazing for the price. The satin finish is great on the neck, plays really fast. Plus it looks beautiful. Would recommend to any other guitar players looking for a $2,000+ guitar but on a ~$1,000 budget.
My strat would kick that guitars ass.

Is this what Jim Carrey's brain looks like?This shit is fucking insane bruv!
Lol yeah those guys shred

I'm not sure I've found a better "p4p" level of skill in a band that matches King Crimson.....*maybe* The Weather Report.

My strat would kick that guitars ass.

I’ve got an HSS strat from 2000 that plays wonderfully except for the lacquer neck. Oil or satin is where it’s at. I dig the radius on the schecter though. It’s pretty flat and good for metal. I’d like my next purchase to be a Fender custom shop but that’s a ways off.

What strat(s) do you have?

Bass player isnt human. His name is Jaco Pastorius and he's the Michael Jordan of bass

I’ve got an HSS strat from 2000 that plays wonderfully except for the lacquer neck. Oil or satin is where it’s at. I dig the radius on the schecter though. It’s pretty flat and good for metal. I’d like my next purchase to be a Fender custom shop but that’s a ways off.

What strat(s) do you have?
2011 American Standard SSS , Olympic white with maple fretboard. I replaced the standard pickups with Lace Sensor Chrome Domes. I like the American pickups a lot for the clean sound but never liked them much with overdrive and distortion. The Chrome Domes are a lot better for distortion and still sound pretty killer clean.

Bass player isnt human. His name is Jaco Pastorius and he's the Michael Jordan of bass

Jaco's son may be even better than he was. I forget his first name.

I don't even really like jazz but this guy is phenomenal.

He's A level technically

But his dad had way more wrinkles because Jaco played on feel and not the type of technical sanitized type style this kid has in my opinion

Jaco was a self taught player basically and he was like Hendrix...they didn't even realize how many levels above they were because they didn't see it like that, they just played. It just happened to be insanely good...but it probably wasn't "supposed to be"

It's like Jaco is a natural fighter with otherworldly skills almost by osmosis...like idk Ray Robinson or something. Felix is like a world class "professional amateur" boxer but he's not worth shit in prize fighting.

Jaco just has more it factor

2011 American Standard SSS , Olympic white with maple fretboard. I replaced the standard pickups with Lace Sensor Chrome Domes. I like the American pickups a lot for the clean sound but never liked them much with overdrive and distortion. The Chrome Domes are a lot better for distortion and still sound pretty killer clean.

That's probably my favorite color combination for a stratocaster.

I wish they still just made American standards. It's all Performer/Professional/Ultra now. There's nothing that feels like the equivalent of a just a regular American strat. I guess the Professional is probably the closest.

He's A level technically

But his dad had way more wrinkles because Jaco played on feel and not the type of technical sanitized type style this kid has in my opinion

Jaco was a self taught player basically and he was like Hendrix...they didn't even realize how many levels above they were because they didn't see it like that, they just played. It just happened to be insanely good...but it probably wasn't "supposed to be"

It's like Jaco is a natural fighter with otherworldly skills almost by osmosis...like idk Ray Robinson or something. Felix is like a world class "professional amateur" boxer but he's not worth shit in prize fighting.

Jaco just has more it factor

I can't really speak to Felix (I like jazz but I'm far from an expert) there's definitely a phenomena in music regarding being overly academic. Now that's not to say people with a strong academic understanding of music can't play with feeling, but just that mastering music theory will not in itself make you a player anyone wants to hear. There's a big difference between understanding music, reading music and repeating music, and creating music. You can't learn that in a book any more than you can learn to have good sex from a book.

I follow a lot of guitar players on Youtube. One of them is an amazing player, has a great ear and solid understanding of theory. But he just released an album, and it sucks. Technically amazing. But amazingly boring.

Looks like that forum rules post means we're going pc now. All of those rules are like my whole posting repertoire. Looks like I might not be the favorite for Self Titled Best Boxing Forum Poster for the 6th consecutive year. 2020 is the worst year ever. Gay.

I can't really speak to Felix (I like jazz but I'm far from an expert) there's definitely a phenomena in music regarding being overly academic. Now that's not to say people with a strong academic understanding of music can't play with feeling, but just that mastering music theory will not in itself make you a player anyone wants to hear. There's a big difference between understanding music, reading music and repeating music, and creating music. You can't learn that in a book any more than you can learn to have good sex from a book.

I follow a lot of guitar players on Youtube. One of them is an amazing player, has a great ear and solid understanding of theory. But he just released an album, and it sucks. Technically amazing. But amazingly boring.
Thats why I never really liked jazz. Maybe I'm simple but I want music with hooks and format.
I actually used to like shredders but they have forgotten how to be musical. I loved some of Steve Vai's solo stuff in the 90s but now he seems more about proving he can make weird noises on guitar than playing a cool song.

Looks like that forum rules post means we're going pc now. All of those rules are like my whole posting repertoire. Looks like I might not be the favorite for Self Titled Best Boxing Forum Poster for the 6th consecutive year. 2020 is the worst year ever. Gay.
Well, unfortunately we have a very sensitive group of fans here lately. I personally don't much care if a thread gets sort of heated but lately I've had a few posters here say shit to me then act like I'm way out of line for doing the same in return. Guys sending me private messages over and over and over about total bullshit, telling me how much they think other posters like me, how they are sending lies to admin to fuck me over.... pathetic stuff. If you hold a grudge against someone because they don't like the same fighter as you, then this isn't the sort of place you should be posting.
But whatever. The forum has been neutered and thats a shitty thing.

Well, unfortunately we have a very sensitive group of fans here lately. I personally don't much care if a thread gets sort of heated but lately I've had a few posters here say shit to me then act like I'm way out of line for doing the same in return. Guys sending me private messages over and over and over about total bullshit, telling me how much they think other posters like me, how they are sending lies to admin to fuck me over.... pathetic stuff. If you hold a grudge against someone because they don't like the same fighter as you, then this isn't the sort of place you should be posting.
But whatever. The forum has been neutered and thats a shitty thing.
Yeah they clipped our balls, for sure. I feel like I need a nap and a human resources course to post here now. I just want to fuck around and not worry about the consequences like we used to.

Back