NBA Thread V4!!: Coronavirus locks down KD and Company

Was this thread great?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stopping by to post the GOAT NBA on NBC intro

Makes me wanna rewatch that series lol. Might start here a little later

At the half, the highlight is Charles Barkley’s halftime interview lmao (around the 1:10 mark)

Luka Doncic is the greatest basketball player today of ever

There's a fun thread idea on RealGM but since the GB over there is worse than the Heavies so I thought I'd bring it here: which team in NBA history do you take if every player on the roster is in their primes?

There's some obvious picks of teams loaded with players who were superstars in their primes but I think the 2011 Mavs are underrated and might have the best overall fit:

F - Dirk
F - Shawn Marion
C - Tyson Chandler
G - Jason Kidd
G - Caron Butler

Then off the bench you have Peja Stojakovic (MVP votes in his prime) and Jason Terry (GOAT tier 6th man) for versatile instant offense, JJ Barea to facilitate, DeShawn Stevenson and Corey Brewer for perimeter D, and Haywood/Mahimi who were both serviceable paint rebunders/defenders at some point in their careers

Not the same superstar power as say the 2004 Lakes, 2011 Celts, 1997 Rocks, etc but I'd argue 2011 Mavs would have the best chemistry/balance with sufficient superstar power plus Carlisle is the perfect coach for maximizing hyper-efficient lineups and getting a whole > sum of parts

2012-13 Heat.

<mma4>

That offense would be unstoppable and prime Rashard Lewis is underrated, I just worry about their interior defense/rebunding vs teams like Shaq/KG, Hakeem/Barkley, Duncan/Robinson

2013/14 Spurs

That team was already ridiculous with pre breakout Kawhi and the big 3 on their way down.

12-13 Lakers are pretty strong:

Steve Nash
Kobe
Metta
Pau
Coward

If we are talking primes then this line up deserves some respect. At their peaks Kobe, Metta, and Coward are locking it up. With prime Nash's shooting and the modern 3 ball philosophy of today..

2006 cHeat:

F - Mourning
F - Jim Posey
C - Snaq Attack
G - Gary Payton
G - Wad

B - Toine Walker, Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem
C - Rat
Outside shaating and floor spacing would be atrocious but they'd roflstomp bullyball teams from the 90s

The 00-01 blazers had Arvydas Sabonis, Kemp, Detlef, Pippen, Augmon, Rasheed Wallace, Steve Smith, Damon Stoudamire, Rod Strickland, Bonzi Wells, and Dale Davis

99-00 had the same roster basically, with Jermaine Oneal instead of Kemp

The 00-01 blazers had Arvydas Sabonis, Kemp, Detlef, Pippen, Augmon, Rasheed Wallace, Steve Smith, Damon Stoudamire, Rod Strickland, Bonzi Wells, and Dale Davis

99-00 had the same roster basically, with Jermaine Oneal instead of Kemp

I loved that 2000 team, shame they got friendly rigged in the WCF

I imagine they'd be the deepest team by far, literally 12 deep, but rotations always get trimmed down in the yoffs and I question whether they have that true alpha superstar to rely on to get halfcourt buckets when the game grinds down. Perhaps the 1996 Finals version of Kemp could be that guy, but he was always very turnover/foul prone and could get frustrated vs elite rim protectors (something the '96 Cows didn't have)

untitled-12.gif

I loved that 2000 team, shame they got friendly rigged in the WCF

I imagine they'd be the deepest team by far, literally 12 deep, but rotations always get trimmed down in the yoffs and I question whether they have that true alpha superstar to rely on to get halfcourt buckets when the game grinds down. Perhaps the 1996 Finals version of Kemp could be that guy, but he was always very turnover/foul prone and could get frustrated vs elite rim protectors (something the '96 Cows didn't have)
I figured it would be Steve Smith or prime, pre NBA and achilles injury Sabonis

But yes, it's more of a whole team like the aught Pistons, rather than a superstar based one

Drexler bringing Rocks back in the 2nd half. Most aesthetic game in NBA history

Anyone who thinks these 90s superstars wouldn't dominate today's game is a drooling zoomer
I coulda swore you were one of the guys that used to say 90s ball, especially defense sucked. Not trolling, thought that was you, what changed?

12-13 Lakers are pretty strong:

Steve Nash
Kobe
Metta
Pau
Coward

If we are talking primes then this line up deserves some respect. At their peaks Kobe, Metta, and Coward are locking it up. With prime Nash's shooting and the modern 3 ball philosophy of today..
This post wins.

I coulda swore you were one of the guys that used to say 90s ball, especially defense sucked. Not trolling, thought that was you, what changed?

I view the 90s through the lens of childhood nostalgia, it was my favorite time as a basketball observer. Drexler, Miller and Olajuwon are 3 of my 4 favorite players all-time. No way I'd bash the era

I've argued that LeJuice would've thrived in that era as well tho, but not because it was a weak era. I just think a more physical league without zone D and fewer charging calls would've been well-suited for a bullish PG in a PF's body

I view the 90s through the lens of childhood nostalgia, it was my favorite time as a basketball observer. Drexler, Miller and Olajuwon are 3 of my 4 favorite players all-time. No way I'd bash the era

I've argued that LeJuice would've thrived in that era as well tho, but not because it was a weak era. I just think a more physical league without zone D and fewer charging calls would've been well-suited for a bullish PG in a PF's body

90's Bastkeball = Bulls Dynasty, NBA JAM, Space Jam! NBA on NBC, Toronto Raptors (for Canadians), less shitty pickup games in your neighbourhood

I think you're right about LeGH, I always felt like Game 7 of the '16 Finals was like a 90's yoff game. Game's slowed down, tension in the crowd, players are shook, shots are hard to get, defenses are locked in a little tighter. Defensive plays are key and none was bigger than LeBane pumping up the venom to rush down court and and block Iggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back