Nepo-Fights Suck (Paddy vs Tony, Colby vs Leon)

Siver!

Spinning Back Kick Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nepotism: the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives, friends, or associates, especially by giving them jobs.

Gifting Paddy a fight with washed Tony despite the fact Paddy hasn't performed at a high level at all, then gifting Colby the final fight of the year despite the fact he hasn't performed at a high level lately at all is coming home to roost.

Enough with the gift fights.

Nepotism is only for your family and I don't think Tony Ferguson is related to anyone in UFC management.

So it doesn't apply.

Nepotism is only for your family and I don't think Tony Ferguson is related to anyone in UFC management.

So it doesn't apply.

Wrong.

This fight is so terrible.

Leon always makes his fights boring I remember why he was so hated on Sherdog now.

Colby not helping either and looking like an idiot after talking all of that shit.

Paddy was more of a gift for Ferg than anything else. Who else at lw doesn't send Ferg into a coma tonight?

i think the words you want to use are cronyism and favoritism.

Like how college football voted to have Alabama over undefeated Florida State in the college football championship. Not nepotism, but having clear favorites and closed decision making.

We've got more to look forward to with Dominic Reyes vs Ulberg and Magny vs Mallott on the next ppv main card!

Obviously the UFC wants to centralize these fights to market the stars they're investing in, but I'd much rather see these bouts on the prelims. I know that begs the question what we'd replace them with and there are practical constraints involved, but as you've said, these nepo-fights are a recipe for underwhelming results. It seems the fans realized that last night, at least.

Back