Elections New NY Governor admits 12,000 (28%!) more Covid deaths Cuomo had kept hidden

They caught Covid from a nursing home, and died in the hospital.

Therefore, Cuomo called it a hospital Covid death, because they died in the hospital like other people
Lol.

You get into an accident, get air lifted to a hospital and now your death should be attributed to hospital complications? Or if you spend your final days in a cancer ward is that a "hospital death"? All dogs are mammals but not all mammals are dogs Senor Troll.

It’s so weird here in my state of Florida we’re constantly hit with accusations (that lack credibility) of cooking the books because people really dislike DeSantis and yet Cuomo got a pass.

OK, it isn’t actually weird, since we all know the reasons. I guess it’s just hypocritical.

cuomobook-ap-1602710847.jpg

New York was the most dangerous place to be for covid in the US. Cuomo actively suppressed the death rate, while accepting an Emmy (since revoked) for his “transparent” press conferences.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Delivering another blow to what’s left of former Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s legacy, New York’s new governor acknowledged on her first day in office that the state has had nearly 12,000 more deaths from COVID-19 than Cuomo told the public.

“The public deserves a clear, honest picture of what’s happening. And that’s whether it’s good or bad, they need to know the truth. And that’s how we restore confidence,” Gov. Kathy Hochul said on NPR.

In its first daily update on the outbreak Tuesday evening, Hochul’s office reported that nearly 55,400 people have died of the coronavirus in New York based on death certificate data submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That’s up from about 43,400 that Cuomo reported to the public as of Monday, his last day in office.

can’t believe this wasn’t what got him removed from office. At least those brave women came forward with what a perfect he was right @Queen B ?

This is a 28% increase!!!!! They’d been hiding over a quarter of their tots covid deaths.

Cuomo's a grade A scumbag. Still denying his obvious wrongdoing and advocating for his corporate donors on the way out. Good riddance!

It’s so weird here in my state of Florida we’re constantly hit with accusations (that lack credibility) of cooking the books because people really dislike DeSantis and yet Cuomo got a pass.

OK, it isn’t actually weird, since we all know the reasons. I guess it’s just hypocritical.
The inconsistency of it all is what grinds my gears. Trudeau gets away with murder because he says the right things. It's as if actions matter less than lip service. Crazy times.

The inconsistency of it all is what grinds my gears. Trudeau gets away with murder because he says the right things. It's as if actions matter less than lip service. Crazy times.
Words are the only thing that matters. So when Cuomo used the wrong words to his aides, he got the boot.

Very little shocks me these days but there’s a couple of situations that really make me feel like I’m living in bizarroland. Cuomo killing thousands of old people and liberals and the media only turning on him for his bad attempts at trying to fuck his aides.

And Johnny Depp losing lawsuits and being treated terribly by the media when Amber Heard has been caught on tape being the terrible person Depp said she was.

He's a Democrat. They may take him out of power, but that's about it. Those that serve the party as he did get a pass in the end.

Cuomo should be in jail for life.
But W Bush and members of his administration should also be doing life in prison.

Both mass murderers and liars.

Why counterpunch in defense of this asshole?
I would NEVER defend Cuomo, but it does beg the question. I've seen so many claim here that Covid deaths are being grossly over counted. But this suggests the opposite. Some would seemingly want to have it both ways. Ripping Cuomo for this while simultaneously claiming that Covid deaths are over counted. But they can't both be true.

murder? Lmfao

What did he get away with that was so bad

I would NEVER defend Cuomo, but it does beg the question. I've seen so many claim here that Covid deaths are being grossly over counted. But this suggests the opposite. Some would seemingly want to have it both ways. Ripping Cuomo for this while simultaneously claiming that Covid deaths are over counted. But they can't both be true.

They absolutely both can be true. One person hiding death certificates doesn't mean that on the whole many deaths aren't being misattributed to Covid.

In a just society the profits from this book should be seized and he should be investigated under RICO charges. He knowingly profited off killings innocents. Hell, this is even worse as the dead people are those he was supposed to represent.

Yeah, I'm grasping at straws here, but that's better than sweeping this under the rug. Amazing how me too was the straw that broke the camel's back and not this colossal fuck up.

They absolutely both can be true. One person hiding death certificates doesn't mean that on the whole many deaths aren't being misattributed to Covid.
In the same state? There is evidence that Cuomo under counted deaths. Where's the evidence that they were somehow simultaneously over counted?

Once again literary devices elude your understanding. Quite frankly you're beneath me so don't waste my time. Ok?

I’m asking what did he do that was so bad that he got away with. Obviously it’s not actual murder

In the same state? There is evidence that Cuomo under counted deaths. Where's the evidence that they were somehow simultaneously over counted?

these people are exhausting.

On one hand it’s a Chinese bio weapon but in the same breath it’s just the flu.

The vaccines are massively important and Trump should get all the credit for creating them but at the same time they’re used to take away your rights and “I’ll die before I take them”

It’s too much to follow

Back