Elections New NY Governor admits 12,000 (28%!) more Covid deaths Cuomo had kept hidden

In the same state? There is evidence that Cuomo under counted deaths. Where's the evidence that they were somehow simultaneously over counted?

Its two different claims.

1. Cuomo hid death certificates. This is true.
2. Physicians were directed and incentived to list Covid as a cause of death on the death certificates, even when Covid's contribution to the death was negligible. This is also true.

Last edited:
I’m asking what did he do that was so bad that he got away with. Obviously it’s not actual murder
Multiple instances of brown face
A long list of ethics violations
Sexual misconduct he denied yet is on record apologizing for

Things any right leaning politician would be blasted for, yet he gets a pass. The icing on the cake? He's explicitly against all these things yet participated in the activities. And that's blatant hypocrisy and shows zero moral fiber, standards, accountability and everything else that should be a must in an elected leader. He gets the same indulgence from his base as Trump does from his fanatics and is 100% the flip side of the same coin. Practice what you preach should must be a standard.

2. Physicians were directed and incentived to list Covid as a cause of death on the death certificates, even when Covid's contribution to the death was negligible.
Some Coroners did not list Covid as death at the request of the family.

2. Physicians were directed and incentived to list Covid as a cause of death on the death certificates, even when Covid's contribution to the death was negligible.
Thanks. But where's the evidence for the second claim?

I would NEVER defend Cuomo, but it does beg the question. I've seen so many claim here that Covid deaths are being grossly over counted. But this suggests the opposite. Some would seemingly want to have it both ways. Ripping Cuomo for this while simultaneously claiming that Covid deaths are over counted. But they can't both be true.

Just trying to follow the ever changing narrative?

So are the deaths real or did the hospitals inflate the numbers

I understand where your both coming from here, but in this case I believe the main problem is that there may have been a conscious effort to distort death statistics no matter if the statistics were bolstered fron the beginning or not

Last edited:
I've seen it said numerous times and would also like to get a definitive answer. I get it. If true then it would greatly bolster the "Trump screwed up" narrative by inflating the numbers, but just because it's sound strategy that doesn't make it a fact.

I would NEVER defend Cuomo, but it does beg the question. I've seen so many claim here that Covid deaths are being grossly over counted. But this suggests the opposite. Some would seemingly want to have it both ways. Ripping Cuomo for this while simultaneously claiming that Covid deaths are over counted. But they can't both be true.

Whatever is politically convenient, regardless of the facts.

Lol.

You get into an accident, get air lifted to a hospital and now your death should be attributed to hospital complications? Or if you spend your final days in a cancer ward is that a "hospital death"? All dogs are mammals but not all mammals are dogs Senor Troll.
They got labeled as a Covid death. Just not a nursing home Covid death

They got labeled as a Covid death. Just not a nursing home Covid death
Cool. So contact tracing shouldn't be a thing then nor should the source of anything matter I guess.

Cool. So contact tracing shouldn't be a thing then nor should the source of anything matter I guess.
If you got covid from a nursing home, are you a nursing home death.

The fact is no

New York was the most dangerous place to be for covid in the US. Cuomo actively suppressed the death rate, while accepting an Emmy (since revoked) for his “transparent” press conferences.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Delivering another blow to what’s left of former Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s legacy, New York’s new governor acknowledged on her first day in office that the state has had nearly 12,000 more deaths from COVID-19 than Cuomo told the public.

“The public deserves a clear, honest picture of what’s happening. And that’s whether it’s good or bad, they need to know the truth. And that’s how we restore confidence,” Gov. Kathy Hochul said on NPR.

In its first daily update on the outbreak Tuesday evening, Hochul’s office reported that nearly 55,400 people have died of the coronavirus in New York based on death certificate data submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That’s up from about 43,400 that Cuomo reported to the public as of Monday, his last day in office.

can’t believe this wasn’t what got him removed from office. At least those brave women came forward with what a perfect he was right @Queen B ?

This is a 28% increase!!!!! They’d been hiding over a quarter of their tots covid deaths.

It takes a special kind of asshole to lie about your numbers in covid to fool the voting public and then write a book about how great your leadership was.

Things any right leaning politician would be blasted for, yet he gets a pass. The icing on the cake? He's explicitly against all these things yet participated in the activities. And that's blatant hypocrisy and shows zero moral fiber, standards, accountability and everything else that should be a must in an elected leader. He gets the same indulgence from his base as Trump does from his fanatics and is 100% the flip side of the same coin. Practice what you preach should must be a standard.

You have got to be delusional. His party forced him to resign. No one in the GOP would dare do the same to Trump, De Santi, Noem or Abbott because it’s party first before country.

The GOP is so corrupt that if they started calling out bad actors there wouldn’t be a party left.

They caught Covid from a nursing home, and died in the hospital.

Therefore, Cuomo called it a hospital Covid death, because they died in the hospital like other people
They caught covid in nursing homes specifically because of his "do it or else" policies forcing nursing homes to take contagious covid patients to create the illusion that his hospitals were handling it, and then lied about it.

He forced contagion into the people most likely to die from it and then covered it up so voters would not know

these people are exhausting.

On one hand it’s a Chinese bio weapon but in the same breath it’s just the flu.

The vaccines are massively important and Trump should get all the credit for creating them but at the same time they’re used to take away your rights and “I’ll die before I take them”

It’s too much to follow

I thought Hadron abandoned Trump after stop the steal?

This thread is about Covid. That’s what I thought you were referring to

We all knew that.

Cuomo administration just categorized it differently, and he was very transparent at the way they categorized it

So basically, that dumb bitch just said she wants someone to lie to her to make her feel better.

I've seen it said numerous times and would also like to get a definitive answer. I get it. If true then it would greatly bolster the "Trump screwed up" narrative by inflating the numbers, but just because it's sound strategy that doesn't make it a fact.
https://www.cms.gov/files/document/mm11764.pdf

apparantly a 20% increase when filed with certain ICD codes for covid, and it's not just death, anything hospital related that has a covid patient, gets medicare reimbursement.

Back