Next hype train to fall apart?

Jesus, Ferguson is far from a hype train at this point having gone many years and 12 fights unbeaten with several top 5 wins.

I'll give you Israel though I guess although he's also closing in on "proven" territory.
Ferguson turns down more fights than he has won and he has no desire to fight Khabib.

Israel is closing in on proven territory. He takes on all challenges and he might just win the title, you are right. But he lost that fight to Vettori.

That steam train is going to crash when Whittaker sparks him stiff, out cold :D

Keep running back Izzy, Whittaker loves those moments where he can chase and combo that chin!

ufcs-first-event-western-oz-whittaker.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't use the term hype train, but Stylebender's road to a title shot was... fast.

He's not ready, Whittaker's grappling will be a factor and he has the boxing to offset Israel's kickboxing.

The thread title is "next hype train to be derailed" so basically the fact you would respond with 2 proven champions kind of gives it away dude.
Khabib is a hype train. He has 3 top 5 wins in his life yet people call him GOAT

Adesanya , zabit and ngannou

Ferguson turns down more fights than he has won and he has no desire to fight Khabib.

Israel is closing in on proven territory. He takes on all challenges and he might just win the title, you are right. But he lost that fight to Vettori.
Ferguson has only turned down one fight that I'm aware of and while he was going through some shit so I don't really blame him.

Saying he has no desire to fight Khabib is like saying Khabib has no desire to fight him since they've both signed the contract 4 times.

I honestly don't remember the fight so can't offer a rebuttal but, on paper at least, he did.

Cejudo just put the Mighty Mouse curse on himself by declaring to be the best P4P combat athlete. Only a matter of time.

Who? Jones? I guess your talking about mcgregor. He has 5 top 5 wins.
Oh really, that's news to me.

I'm guessing you are including Dustin and Max in that number while ignoring the fact they weren't at the time of the fight.

Fuck, if it wasn't for Dustin being a legit top 10 he would also only have 3 top 10 wins period instead of 4.

Luckily though Siver went from 13 or something to 8 by signing a contract and Diaz went from unranked at WW to top 10 by signing a contract too, so he has 6. Amazing really.

I'm guessing you are including Dustin and Max in that number while ignoring the fact they weren't at the time of the fight.

Fuck, if it wasn't for Dustin being a legit top 10 he would also only have 3 top 10 wins period instead of 4.

Luckily though Siver went from 13 or something to 8 by signing a contract and Diaz went from unranked at WW to top 10 by signing a contract too, so he has 6. Amazing really.
No I’m not. Been through this so many times
Mende
Alvarez-C
Aldo-C
Mendes#1
Diaz#5
Dustin #5
Proof for Dustin Watch for 15 seconds

I didn’t include max, read my post

No I’m not. Been through this so many times
Mende
Alvarez-C
Aldo-C
Mendes#1
Diaz#5
Dustin #5
Proof for Dustin Watch for 15 seconds

I'll take your word on Dustin, thought he was #6 at the time but how could Nate be on the list when they fought at WW? There is no way Nate was ranked 5th at WW

That steam train is going to crash when Whittaker sparks him stuff out cold :D

Keep running back Izzy, Whittaker loves those moments where he can chase and combo that chin!
Robbie Bless, has a hot wife too and kids while Izzy is still inside the closet
d5WYxwZ.jpg

I'll take your word on Dustin, thought he was #6 at the time but how could Nate be on the list when they fought at WW? There is no way Nate was ranked 5th at WW
He was #5 lightweight. He was top 5 ranked at the time though not at welterweight Not sure if that counts as a top 5 win or not(I think it does)

Khabib and Usman were mentioned. It makes no sense to refer to a champ (present or past) as hyped.

It can't be hype if you actually won the belt!

Back