Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

Fucking hell. Fired up the Switch yesterday for the first time in a while to play Mario Kart with the kids. Half the joycons wouldn't connect. The others are drifting. So damn frustrating.

Fucking hell. Fired up the Switch yesterday for the first time in a while to play Mario Kart with the kids. Half the joycons wouldn't connect. The others are drifting. So damn frustrating.
Drift issues are caused by dust. Keep them away from dusty areas. If you have a can of contact cleaner, keep spraying that shit into the insides of the sticks, and over time, it should be fixed.

It's funny how expensive nintendo is. They care little about graphics and horsepower but still charge and arm and a leg.

It's funny how expensive nintendo is. They care little about graphics and horsepower but still charge and arm and a leg.

Yeah I picked up a Switch for the family for Christmas yesterday for Black Friday by taking advantage of a point redemption offer with a grocery store. But it didn’t come with any games so I thought I’d check out Black Friday offerings and there barely are any. I don’t understand how Nintendo can stay competitive with treating its customers like this.

Yeah I picked up a Switch for the family for Christmas yesterday for Black Friday by taking advantage of a point redemption offer with a grocery store. But it didn’t come with any games so I thought I’d check out Black Friday offerings and there barely are any. I don’t understand how Nintendo can stay competitive with treating its customers like this.
They dont have sales for their exclusives because theyre already selling. You buy a nintendo, youre buying a Mario or Zelda or whatever. Theyre moving switches like hotcakes, they dont need to have sales for their games.
This has nearly always been the case....

I get how they get away with it because they really arent competing with the other consoles. They have a lot of iconic games and the only way to play them is to pony up and pay. It's annoying but I respect their hustle.

They dont have sales for their exclusives because theyre already selling. You buy a nintendo, youre buying a Mario or Zelda or whatever. Theyre moving switches like hotcakes, they dont need to have sales for their games.
This has nearly always been the case....

I get how they get away with it because they really arent competing with the other consoles. They have a lot of iconic games and the only way to play them is to pony up and pay. It's annoying but I respect their hustle.

Yeah I get it. I’m still salty af.

Yeah I get it. I’m still salty af.
People look to sales too much, youve only got a limited time on earth. Instead of waiting for months/years to try and get the best price of a game that you'll enjoy, just pay up the extra dollars and enjoy it now.

I'm frustrated at how expensive Switch games are. I only use it to play games made by Nintendo since everything else is 10-20 dollars cheaper on other consoles. It was worth it, but it could never be my primary console.

Yes, Three Houses is a good first Fire Emblem game for new players. It’s not too difficult unless you play on Maddening which I would suggest not doing on the first play through, (Hard/Classic is a good difficulty if you want something challenging for a first playthrough)

Three Houses added or changed quite a bit of things compared to the previous entries so even veteran players had new stuff to get used to. I would recommend Fire Emblem 7 (just called Fire Emblem outside of Japan) which was the first one to be released in NA as another good starting point and especially if you want more of a old-school type of Fire Emblem.

I've been playing this recently. I like the new format but I don't like how I have to play as some blue haired dork with no customization.

That's my main issue with Japanese games in general. They typically make the main character a young, dorky looking anime character. You never play as a badass, which is frustrating because there will be badasses in the game.

People look to sales too much, youve only got a limited time on earth. Instead of waiting for months/years to try and get the best price of a game that you'll enjoy, just pay up the extra dollars and enjoy it now.

or instead of paying $65 for remake3 (ouch!), you can buy 2-3 (or more) games for that $ and get far more to play.

but ffs, if "limited time on earth" is the argument, i can't fathom why paying for video games is a priority.

or instead of paying $65 for remake3 (ouch!), you can buy 2-3 (or more) games for that $ and get far more to play.

but ffs, if "limited time on earth" is the argument, i can't fathom why paying for video games is a priority.
This idiot is still mad. Man fuck off.

dat projection.
Robert, I know you dont have much, especially as youre residing in that cramped basement. You'd rather shit on games you dont have the money to afford, let alone the consoles needed to play them.

I get why you need to take the energy out in the gaming subforum of a karate board but, please, kindly fuck right off. People here read your posts and lol at the mentally retarded gymnastics you take to make comments that you think make you seem smart, whilst doing the complete opposite. Youre the biggest joke on the subforum....

If Im 'mad' at anyone, its with myself for taking the time to respond to your shit replies and wasting my time. But damn, I guess lockdown has gotten to me.

Robert, I know you dont have much, especially as youre residing in that cramped basement. You'd rather shit on games you dont have the money to afford, let alone the consoles needed to play them.

I get why you need to take the energy out in the gaming subforum of a karate board but, please, kindly fuck right off. People here read your posts and lol at the mentally retarded gymnastics you take to make comments that you think make you seem smart, whilst doing the complete opposite. Youre the biggest joke on the subforum....

If Im 'mad' at anyone, its with myself for taking the time to respond to your shit replies and wasting my time. But damn, I guess lockdown has gotten to me.
<BidenShutIt>

i'm sorry the mods c-c-c-combo breaker'd your ad-hom ultra combo from last night, but ffs. get help.

Was able to snag my son one of these on Amazon instead of getting him a lite. My daughter is getting an Animal Crossing version. So I guess I can finally have mine back

20201202_125310.jpg

wait, what? did they "bundle" that with a game that's already free?
Well...yeah, but it doesn't cost any more and you get a unique system, joy cons and some in game currency. Better than those fugly lites.

Back