Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

I don't know what to think of that Knicks/Hawks game 1. Knicks started out like hot trash, Randle couldn't make anything. Then they find themselves and come back, Burks gets super hot off the bench. Then it was almost like they eased up once they took the lead, IDK--like they should have won but just kinda let it slip away. How that translates to game 2...no clue. Gun to my head I think the Knicks clamp down defensively and grind out a win but Atlanta when healthy is pretty dynamic offensively. Young really breaks defenses down, Bogdanovich has been great the second half, Capella gets them a lot of 2nd chance points and Collins is an above average front court scorer.

I'm a Bucks homer, I don't know how much I like their chances with Brooklyn assuming both advance (which it looks like will happen). The problem with the Bucks is that they can't run their offense late in games through their best player because of his free throw issues. Middleton is great at the end of games, Holiday can be too...but in a series which will likely have multiple games come down to the wire it's hard to go against Durant-Harden-Irving as closers. All 3 can get their own shot about as easily as anyone in the league. You can't double any of them. And they all are terrific free throw shooters if you foul them. For the Bucks to win they are really just going to have to straight outscore them. They will need a couple games where role players are just red hot like Monday night. Forbes, Divincenzo, Connaughton, etc. If those guys just go bonkers from deep they'll beat anyone. Of course Harris did the same for Brooklyn last night haha so...

yea the Knicks game 1 was weird while they should have won randle having that bad of a game and still being right there bodes well
For tonight. Trae has a target on his back and Randle will bounce back. I think it was a mistake bringing frank in on the last possession to guard Trae he played way too close to him and Trae blew right past him. Not a fan of bringing a guy off the bench who barely played all game for the most important possession of the game.

Bucks -1.5(WIN)
Bucks O224.5(LOSS)

Broke even tonight. Wanted to bet Lakers and Blazers spread but wasn’t feeling it. Tomorrow should be good!!

bucks was insane free money, dunno what crack i was smoking only going 1u on it

***Disclaimer: I'm a huge Bucks fan so understand there's built in bias***

Bucks are really looking like a darkhorse to win it all right now. It's only 3 games and the Heat are decent but not great...but the Bucks look COMPLETELY different than they have the past couple years in the playoffs. Giannis is getting his #'s much more organically and they aren't force feeding him like they used to. They definitely run plays for him, but the entire offense isn't predicated on giving him the ball and getting out of the way. And when they do run the offense through him, he's realizing earlier when to get rid of the ball so that it rotates correctly to the open shooter.

Holiday is a monstrous upgrade over Bledsoe. Better shooter, better playmaker, and better defender (and Bledsoe was a good defender, just not elite like Holiday is---Jrue might be the best on ball defender in the league outside Kawai Leonard and the crazy thing is that Jrue is strong enough that he can actually defend guys much bigger than he is, really the 1-4 spots). Adding Forbes was also huge. One of the better spot up shooters in the league. The Bucks can stretch the floor like almost nobody else given they have so many shooters (Middleton, Forbes, Connaughton, Divincenzo, and even Lopez and Portis at center can shoot the 3 pretty well).

Beating Brooklyn is going to be really tough of course. 3 Hall of Fame players still in their prime...not much else to say. But that series is gonna be filled with close games that come down to the wire. If the Bucks make a few key plays at crucial times, they'll win and move on imo.

Bucks vs. Nets in the Eastern Conference final looks pretty likely.

Did you know: Wisconsin, and Milwaukee, has one of the HIGHEST number of bars/taverns/pubs per capita in the USA.

Bucks vs. Nets in the Eastern Conference final looks pretty likely.

Did you know: Wisconsin, and Milwaukee, has one of the HIGHEST number of bars/taverns/pubs per capita in the USA.

Bucks/Nets will be next round because Philly is the #1 seed.

And yes, here in WI drinking absolutely embedded in the culture. People just love to drink here. And when WI sports teams play big games in other cities (like Badgers in the Rose Bowl or Packers Super Bowl etc) the bars in those cities will sell out of Miller Lite, Korbel Brandy, Jack Daniel's, etc. It's crazy. I like drinking too but I'm an amateur compared to a lot of people here.

Probably not a great rep to have as a state...but it's not changing anytime soon that's for sure.

On the nets today to win and alternate spread on mavs. Wouldn't be surprised if mavs won outright but if there ever a time for clippers to win it's now, which is fine by me but just need mavs to not get blown out.

On the nets today to win and alternate spread on mavs. Wouldn't be surprised if mavs won outright but if there ever a time for clippers to win it's now, which is fine by me but just need mavs to not get blown out.
My bets for May 28:

• Clippers/Mavericks Over 56½ -110 for 1st Quarter
• Luka Doncic/Total Points over 29½ -115
• Bogdan Bogdanovic/Total Points over 17½ -110

My bets for May 28:

• Clippers/Mavericks Over 56½ -110 for 1st Quarter
• Luka Doncic/Total Points over 29½ -115
• Bogdan Bogdanovic/Total Points over 17½ -110

I like that Bogdanovic line. He's gone over that total in 7 of his last 8 games (granted the first 2 in this series he scored exactly 18 and squeaked over it--and the Knicks are among the better defensive teams in the league and play a pretty slow pace). The main reason I like it is that he's scored 18 both of the first 2 games but really hasn't shot the ball all that well. If he can get to 18 on sub par shooting nights and you get the o/u prop at 17.5, that's nice. If he shoots the ball even a little better than the first 2 games (very possible with them now at home) he should blow by that number. It's obvious they've pretty much given him a full time green light to launch shots.

I like that Bogdanovic line. He's gone over that total in 7 of his last 8 games (granted the first 2 in this series he scored exactly 18 and squeaked over it--and the Knicks are among the better defensive teams in the league and play a pretty slow pace). The main reason I like it is that he's scored 18 both of the first 2 games but really hasn't shot the ball all that well. If he can get to 18 on sub par shooting nights and you get the o/u prop at 17.5, that's nice. If he shoots the ball even a little better than the first 2 games (very possible with them now at home) he should blow by that number. It's obvious they've pretty much given him a full time green light to launch shots.
I already bought out of the Bogdanovic line, right after he missed his first 3 shots. He ended up finishing the 1H with 18:30 minutes played and 3 points. Those 3 points were during the last 2 minutes of the 1H when he was left open for a 3-pointer. iirc, Bullock wasn't guarding him at the time, so he finally had room to breathe -- Bullock was on his ass all game before D-Rose started guarding him.

I already bought out of the Bogdanovic line, right after he missed his first 3 shots. He ended up finishing the 1H with 18:30 minutes played and 3 points. Those 3 points were during the last 2 minutes of the 1H when he was left open for a 3-pointer. iirc, Bullock wasn't guarding him at the time, so he finally had room to breathe -- Bullock was on his ass all game before D-Rose started guarding him.

And for some reason they aren't switching when he sets the ball screen. Which is why...Young is turning the corner easily on almost every possession and just ruining them once he gets in the paint. Previously they'd switch to try to push Young out a bit and make it tougher for him to get into the paint coming straight on (he'd still get there but he'd be pushed out and coming from more of an angle, which limits what he can do when he gets there). All those switches earlier in the series were leaving Bogdanovic with a smaller defender on him and he'd either shoot over them or look to play a little bully ball and get near the rim.

The Knicks (oddly imo) decided early on to take away Bogdanovic to the detriment of what they can do with Young. I don't get it really, Young is clearly the bigger threat and what makes the Hawks go.

And for some reason they aren't switching when he sets the ball screen. Which is why...Young is turning the corner easily on almost every possession and just ruining them once he gets in the paint. Previously they'd switch to try to push Young out a bit and make it tougher for him to get into the paint coming straight on (he'd still get there but he'd be pushed out and coming from more of an angle, which limits what he can do when he gets there). All those switches earlier in the series were leaving Bogdanovic with a smaller defender on him and he'd either shoot over them or look to play a little bully ball and get near the rim.

The Knicks (oddly imo) decided early on to take away Bogdanovic to the detriment of what they can do with Young. I don't get it really, Young is clearly the bigger threat and what makes the Hawks go.
Bogdanovic is now at 30:32 minutes played as they head into Q4. Hard to say who will continue to play for the Hawks, since they're up by 14 points. I hope they sit Bogdanovic for the 4th quarter since he played the entire 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Edit: Nope. Bogdanovic is out on the floor to start the 4th quarter.

celtics to win first quarter was probably +2500 or some shit when they were down 19-4 lmfao.

wow........................ that's so fucked up.

Bogdanovic is brought back in at the 6-minute mark in Q4 when the Hawks are up by 14, and he eventually hits a 3-pointer. Now he has 15 points...

WHY????????????????????????????? He had the most minutes played when he sat out (32+ minutes), and he came back in when they were up by double digits. I already feel I am going to get fucked here.

Back