Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

Turns out everything I thought was missing was just unlockable perks! We're ripping and tearing now boys! This game is a blast.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'd recommend finding cheat disks, so in case you miss anything you can go back to missions you have beaten with infinite ammo or something like that so you can make sure to find/unlock what you have missed.. except for slayer gates.. you need to earn those without cheats. Once you're upgraded though they really aren't that hard: I beat the last 3 gates on my first try.

So I picked this up on launch day but only played about 20-30 minutes. Wanted to complete another play through of 2016 before doing Eternal, as I haven’t played 2016 in a few years. Have two missions left then I hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can dive into Eternal and get my ass kicked. When I started it two weeks ago I couldn’t get past the second arachnotron in that tight hallway. Kept running out of ammo and even if I took out his turret he would melee me to death.

Beat it twice now, and it was an absolute blast. Even with the colorful drops being everywhere, it wasn’t as bad visually as I thought it would be. Some wonderful set pieces, and all the weapons had their use. Turret mod on the chain gun is still my fave. Feels good to just mow through all but the toughest enemies like it’s a nice spring day.

Only real gripe I had were the Necravol levels. Just didn’t fill me with dread, or even nervousness. Shame they did Hell like that, but overall, it is a fairly minor gripe.

Wanted to plat the game, but the MP isn’t too great, again, imho. Kudos for taking the risk though.

So I picked this up on launch day but only played about 20-30 minutes. Wanted to complete another play through of 2016 before doing Eternal, as I haven’t played 2016 in a few years. Have two missions left then I hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can dive into Eternal and get my ass kicked. When I started it two weeks ago I couldn’t get past the second arachnotron in that tight hallway. Kept running out of ammo and even if I took out his turret he would melee me to death.
Eternal is def a different kettle of fish hahaha itll take some time to get used to the new mood.

Just beat it, probably the best FPS game i've ever played. That last level was insane, great boss fight too.

Beat 2016 last night. Didn’t really feel like doing an honest fight against the Spider Mastermind so I cheesed the BFG with the weapon wheel “bug”/exploit because my wife wanted to watch a show with me.

After she fell asleep I went and restarted Eternal on Hurt Me Plenty because Ultraviolence was just too difficult two weeks ago. I’ll try UV on a subsequent play through. Beat the first mission. I can see what some people meant about the story/atmosphere feeling a bit “off” from 2016. Feels a bit like a Darksiders game.

The game totally rips off Fedor with the Blood Punch.

WOW-Fedor.gif

Just beat the slayer gate in Taras Nabad. Its funny how the game assaults you with so many waves of death,and as soon as you finally finish it (id say it took me about 10 tries)....BOOM wanna fight archviles and doom hunters like IMMEDIATLEY after?? Too bad you aint got a choice.

Last edited:
I'm stuck on the Cyber Demon boss.

I'm stuck on the Cyber Demon boss.
I dont remember that fight too much. I just hit him with everything I had while screaming and running and jumping

Come to think of it,its possible i just hit him with the BFG

The archvile was the hardest part about the slayer gates for me. And those whipping sluts.

I haven't tried my BFG on him.

I feel like I'm not going to have enough ammo in my strong guns to kill him.

I haven't really focused on the rune trials or finding every armor power up.

I've just been running thru the game. I might need to go back and redo some levels and get the armor upgrades.

I fought the Cyber Demon a few times and I almost used all my ammo by the time he had 25% health left

Is the Tyrant in Doom Eternal the Cyborg Demon in Doom 2?

Unpopular opinion, but I think a clean shaven, short hair Jason Momoa would be perfect to play as the Doom Slayer in a new Doom movie. He shouldn’t be the main character. More like a mysterious but extremely scary Ally for the human race. He’s not part of the main cast, but is observed by the main
cast of the movie as if he’s a force a nature than a human entity. Humans are scared as fuck to be around him but need him to save them.

C90A5697-B5B3-4434-852A-8584D4CAA76F.jpeg DE60E021-6430-497F-8FC3-9A1D8B4F72D1.jpeg

Yeah, it's basically the Cyberdemon from the classic Doom games

OnPMJrx.png

Cyberdemon-Doom-video-game-upscale-Hidfan.jpg
I think it's like how the Arachnotron is different from Spider Mastermind. They're both smaller versions of the bosses from Doom 2016.

Yeah, it's basically the Cyberdemon from the classic Doom games

OnPMJrx.png

Cyberdemon-Doom-video-game-upscale-Hidfan.jpg
Is he as tough as the original? I only played Doom 2016. I can’t play Doom Eternal because I sold my PS4 and in total regret. I feel like it’s unethical to go around people to buy another PS4 during this pandemic.

Is he as tough as the original? I only played Doom 2016. I can’t play Doom Eternal because I sold my PS4 and in total regret. I feel like it’s unethical to go around people to buy another PS4 during this pandemic.
He still takes quite a bit of punishment before he goes down, but he doesn't seem QUITE as bullet-spongey as the classic version. He also isn't nearly as tough to take down as 2016's Cyberdemon, which was a full-fledged boss (this one isn't). He does have several of the same attacks as 2016's though!

About to take on the first boss I think. The lead up is taking for fucking ever. "Defeat the guardian" has been my objective for the last 30 minutes or so.

Overall I like this better than Doom 2016. The platforming is fun, enemies are cool, the new gadgets are great. Havent had this much fun with an fps in a long time.

Back