Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

Reminds me of Souls games and panic rolling lol.
Big time. I'm currently stuck on the first doom hunter boss fight before the arena where you fight two of them. I cannot figure out how to break his sled without getting destroyed by his rockets and his melee swipe. No idea how I did this fight last time.

Big time. I'm currently stuck on the first doom hunter boss fight before the arena where you fight two of them. I cannot figure out how to break his sled without getting destroyed by his rockets and his melee swipe. No idea how I did this fight last time.
Freeze him, blood punch, dash to break his missle lock on, don’t stay close if he’s not frozen for more than a second.

I like to use rocket lock on when he’s off his sled too. Wrecks him.

Forgot to use the ice bomb but finally got him. I really need to work on that enemy.

Finished UV last night so I can finally start on the DLCs next time.

Really like the Icon of Sin fight. The gameplay, design and arenas are all fun and it's the only part of the game where you can run around swinging the crucible at will and cleaving demons in half.

Also started playing around with yeet hooking where you use the meathook to get airborne. I'm no good at it but it's fun and allows you to tether yourself to heavies while quick swapping them to Bolivia. It's just a lot of inputs to pull off while in the air.

Man they're not shy with enemies in the dlc. I'm still near the beginning at the part where the giant eyes shoot at you and I keep getting trapped by all the mancubi everywhere.

Man they're not shy with enemies in the dlc. I'm still near the beginning at the part where the giant eyes shoot at you and I keep getting trapped by all the mancubi everywhere.
Yeah it’s really expecting you to have your shit together from the main game. When I first played it it felt like I was starting from scratch almost. Forced me to get much better.

Yeah it’s really expecting you to have your shit together from the main game. When I first played it it felt like I was starting from scratch almost. Forced me to get much better.
That's definitely how I feel. I'll struggle through it but holy shit I need to improve my movement a lot. I almost feel like I need to do another run of the main game on nightmare first since I'm familiar with the levels so I can work on my game.

Have you ever tried the master levels? They look completely insane but I'm kind of fascinated by them.

I now totally agree with you guys that the bright colour scheme suits the gameplay perfectly. Never thought I would say that but everything happens so fast you need to be able to identify loot drops and threats quickly.

I'm also scared I won't be able to enjoy 2016 again. Damn you Hugo!

That's definitely how I feel. I'll struggle through it but holy shit I need to improve my movement a lot. I almost feel like I need to do another run of the main game on nightmare first since I'm familiar with the levels so I can work on my game.

Have you ever tried the master levels? They look completely insane but I'm kind of fascinated by them.
Yeah I’ve played through almost all of them. They didn’t just crank up the monsters, the new encounters are well thought out but completely ridiculous.

Yeah I’ve played through almost all of them. They didn’t just crank up the monsters, the new encounters are well thought out but completely ridiculous.
Nice! You should do UN or at least extra lives mode if you're that good.

UN is above my skill cap for sure. Extra lives mode could be fun though.
I'm not so sure you couldn't but it would take some commitment. I never have any extra lives left so I wouldn't last long in either mode but I'd love to be able to play well enough to do it. The game gets more fun the better you get.

Reactions: HHJ
I'm not so sure you couldn't but it would take some commitment. I never have any extra lives left so I wouldn't last long in either mode but I'd love to be able to play well enough to do it. The game gets more fun the better you get.
Maybe lol, it seems like such an impossible task. Not dying once during Nightmare? I just don’t see it.

Maybe lol, it seems like such an impossible task. Not dying once during Nightmare? I just don’t see it.
It would take a lot of practice and learning spawn points but not impossible. There were over ten thousand successful UN runs within just a few months of release.Who knows how many by now.

I'm afraid to try it again now. Only really fell in love with it two months ago but then I played Eternal. Shortest honeymoon phase in history.
im lucky i had a good 2 yr run w 2016 before Eternal

I love playing FPS on the highest difficulties. But trying to do it with one life? Count me out. I see the appeal but that just aint gonna happen for me lol

im lucky i had a good 2 yr run w 2016 before Eternal
Yeah that's a good chunk of time to enjoy the game. I'll probably try it again sometime. I still want to do a no BFG run because there are so many rooms where it saved my ass.

I love playing FPS on the highest difficulties. But trying to do it with one life? Count me out. I see the appeal but that just aint gonna happen for me lol
Some of the most fun I've had gaming is while doing permadeath. There is something about the finality of every mistake that makes it a unique experience.

Reactions: HHJ
Back