Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

I have now cleared everything in Nioh 2 beta. Very funny and solid Nioh action like the original game, well it’s much better with all the new stuff. Can’t wait to play the game on day 1.

I can confirm that The Mark of the Demon Slayer is the only dlc bonus you’ll get.

What do you think of the beta?
Nice. So you prefer the new combat to the original game? What's the biggest improvement?

I haven't had a chance to play much yet so still trying to figure things out.

Nice. So you prefer the new combat to the original game? What's the biggest improvement?

I haven't had a chance to play much yet so still trying to figure things out.
Yes I prefer the new combat, well, it is still very close to the original Nioh which I already like very much, then there are new weapons with their unique skills, the demon form with its 3 way parrying/dodging system (brute/phantom/third-which-name-I-don’t-remember) and the soul core attacks which you can add to your guardian spirit is tons of fun. The "dark realm" areas adds challenge which I like. Allied revenants are cool. I’d say that the demon form is the biggest improvement, or change that makes the game fun and unique. That’s pretty much it.

How far are you now?

Yes I prefer the new combat, well, it is still very close to the original Nioh which I already like very much, then there are new weapons with their unique skills, the demon form with its 3 way parrying/dodging system (brute/phantom/third-which-name-I-don’t-remember) and the soul core attacks which you can add to your guardian spirit is tons of fun. The "dark realm" areas adds challenge which I like. Allied revenants are cool. I’d say that the demon form is the biggest improvement, or change that makes the game fun and unique. That’s pretty much it.

How far are you now?
Thanks. I've only played for a couple of hours so still don't quite get everything. Found the first boss but haven't made many attempts yet.

Watched Peeve play this and he spent 3.5 hours in character creator <45>I haven't been able to play much myself tho

Is there worse music than snake boss in any other game?

Getting my shit pushed in hard in the grass area where the friend leaves you. Enemy variation is sick. Might preorder.

Shit, hopefully I can get in some playing time tonight. Beta is almost over.

Some yokai hatchets I picked up
I was using the axe but started over with the odachi since it's probably the easiest.

Ki regen in this game is garbage. I can't even move half the time in the boss fight because you have to block his spinning attacks but they deplete all your ki. You need stamina in a game like this so they're making a big mistake if this is how they plan on regulating difficulty.

Beat the first boss but can't say it was fun. Not like the first game anyway. They really need to scrap this ki poverty idea.

Hmm, rolled axe and cleared the first boss. Took me a while and I have to agree the fight wasn’t that fun. I was actually enjoying myself a lot up until then. I’m sure a big problem is me not fully understanding the mechanics.

Beat the first boss but can't say it was fun. Not like the first game anyway. They really need to scrap this ki poverty idea.
Are you talking about the realm shifts or whatever?

It says there’s ways to use your demon blood to your advantage there but all I’ve really seen is your transformation lasts longer. I basically just hid from him during that phase. And any of the higher level enemies I’m fighting in those I try and drag them out. Then they teleport back in. Would be nice if you could reduce it with ki bursts or something but I don’t even want to engage because of the ki regen nerf.

Like I said, maybe I’m not getting a key mechanic here but it’s really just an annoyance imo. I haven’t done any summoning. Maybe the game is more geared towards that.

Anyway, cleared the first two minibosses of the second mission. See if I can wrap the rest up tomorrow.

Barrier talisman makes it ten fold more manageable.

Are you talking about the realm shifts or whatever?

It says there’s ways to use your demon blood to your advantage there but all I’ve really seen is your transformation lasts longer. I basically just hid from him during that phase. And any of the higher level enemies I’m fighting in those I try and drag them out. Then they teleport back in. Would be nice if you could reduce it with ki bursts or something but I don’t even want to engage because of the ki regen nerf.

Like I said, maybe I’m not getting a key mechanic here but it’s really just an annoyance imo. I haven’t done any summoning. Maybe the game is more geared towards that.

Anyway, cleared the first two minibosses of the second mission. See if I can wrap the rest up tomorrow.
Dark realms are those weird barriers you cross where the flowers pop up and your ki regen disappears. They're caused by those yokai enemies that drop soul cores. The wiki says you gain Yokai Force while in them, which I assume is the meter that allows you to transform into a yokai. The new living weapon... meh.

I guess today is the last day so I'll have to try to finish it tonight as well. Let me know what you think of the second boss, lol.

Back