Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

This thread convinced me. I downloaded Nioh 2 last night and I'll probably start it after work tonight.

I've never completed a Souls-like game and the only ones I've really enjoyed of the ones I've tried were Surge and Bloodborne (leaving all three Dark Souls and Lords of the Fallen in the "didn't really care for" category). I've read enough about Nioh 2 that I'm convinced it might be the one to draw be into the subgenre. Fingers crossed.

This game is seriously starting to kick my ass. I was stuck on Shibata for like two hours. Finally got him but it’s been a very long time since something had me stumped for that long.

I just learned you can tell which chests are mimics because there will be three metal braces across the front instead of two for normal ones. Never knew that!
To add, buddy, you needn't rely on visual guesswork; when in proximity, whistle and if a Mujina is inside, he'll peek out and reveal himself. Nurikabe can similarly be crumbled by only gesticulating (or stealthing him from behind and removing his talisman) but iirc a bloodgrave need be nearby and Nuri his/her cause of death.

Ran into a cheater while doing jolly cooperation. Guy was max level, had max gear and had over 8k attack rating on his splitstaff. And he hadn't even touched the underworld. Also had all the best rolls on his equipment.

This game is seriously starting to kick my ass. I was stuck on Shibata for like two hours. Finally got him but it’s been a very long time since something had me stumped for that long.
He's a common wall. Even after being nerfed hes still nuts.

His was seriously an encounter of survival or carnage pre-patch; really rough fight with no room to breathe.

Jesus, what the hell did they nerf? All I could do was let out an exhaustive “fuck” when I beat him. That shit was grueling.

Jesus, what the hell did they nerf? All I could do was let out an exhaustive “fuck” when I beat him. That shit was grueling.
His charge attack got nerfed. I think the hitbox was even worse

Besides spear, what weapon compliments tonfa?

Or maybe a second question, what skills I must purchase? I might be wrong, but none of the skills looks interesting

To add, buddy, you needn't rely on visual guesswork; when in proximity, whistle and if a Mujina is inside, he'll peek out and reveal himself. Nurikabe can similarly be crumbled by only gesticulating (or stealthing him from behind and removing his talisman) but iirc a bloodgrave need be nearby and Nuri his/her cause of death.
Yeah I've always just whistled before to see if it's a mujina but it's neat that there is a visual clue as well.

Yeah I've always just whistled before to see if it's a mujina but it's neat that there is a visual clue as well.
Gotcha. Didn't know about the visual tell myself; very nice.

I got stuck on him for a while as well. His charge seemed almost undodgeable.
Do you mean the Yokai realm one or the standard one? He kept catching me in Yokai for some reason. I think it’s because it was more sporadic and I’d get caught occasionally low on Ki.

Once I got that down I was able to topple him shortly after. The one where he bounces off walls never bothered me much especially since you can roll out of the follow up attack.

With ninjutsu feathers you zap his ki with lightning and then destroy him with water. He's so big all the water multi-hits connect.

With ninjutsu feathers you zap his ki with lightning and then destroy him with water. He's so big all the water multi-hits connect.
I think I’ve got my melee strength to a good point, probably time to venture out to other avenues. I haven’t put anything into ninjutsu or onmyo.

I think I’ve got my melee strength to a good point, probably time to venture out to other avenues. I haven’t put anything into ninjutsu or onmyo.
Theyre both great investments. For buffing yourself, debuffing enemies, sneak scrolls to run through levels undetected, etc

Do you mean the Yokai realm one or the standard one? He kept catching me in Yokai for some reason. I think it’s because it was more sporadic and I’d get caught occasionally low on Ki.

Once I got that down I was able to topple him shortly after. The one where he bounces off walls never bothered me much especially since you can roll out of the follow up attack.
I think I only fought him in the main game mission. I forget the name but it's the one with the spear dude as a mini boss halfway through the level and then you fight Shibata on the top floor. He gave me hell. It felt like he should be easy but I just couldn't dodge his attacks or get his timing down.

I think I only fought him in the main game mission. I forget the name but it's the one with the spear dude as a mini boss halfway through the level and then you fight Shibata on the top floor. He gave me hell. It felt like he should be easy but I just couldn't dodge his attacks or get his timing down.
Oh I meant his charge attack. He has two of them, one he does only in the Yokai realm where he’s crawling across the floor spreading fire behind him and if you’re caught in it that’s basically it.

He has another where he runs from one end of the room to the other, bouncing off the walls.

Back