Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

Can't stop the Dizzy Express. Side missions too though? Don't skip those, buddy; lots of goodies nestling about from best-in-class Spirits to items and everything in between.
Yes, definitely. I’m doing Twilights as well. I’m even leveling up the dual katanas so I can unlock one specific mission lol.

Yes, definitely. I’m doing Twilights as well. I’m even leveling up the dual katanas so I can unlock one specific mission lol.
Good man. And worth it, BTW. DS boast the most elegant parries in the game, IMO.

I've been using the Bloodspider blade pretty much exclusively. High stance. It wrecks, so far, but I'm probably handicapping myself in some fights.

Great reach, though.
Yeah, high strong hits like a truck for Od. Keep an eye out for a rare text dropped by Magara Naotaka (Sub-Zero boss) called something Snow -- very powerful AoE technique re: CC and repositioning when up Schitt's creek. Are you running a paralysis build?

Besides spear, what weapon compliments tonfa?

Or maybe a second question, what skills I must purchase? I might be wrong, but none of the skills looks interesting
What did you settle on picking up as a secondary to complement tonfa? Tonfa is all about transitions, cancels and superior break-block balance (so I'd recommend finding WPNs that either make up for class shortcomings or then are in step statistically so you're not spreading yourself thin); better armour choice over base game, I remember, was DLC so farm that set.

tenor.gif

What did you settle on picking up as a secondary to complement tonfa? Tonfa is all about transitions, cancels and superior break-block balance (so I'd recommend finding WPNs that either make up for class shortcomings or then are in step statistically so you're not spreading yourself thin); better armour choice over base game, I remember, was DLC so farm that set.
I didn't, I've read about spear, but I can't use it effectively, feels very stiff and limited. I've never tried kusarigama (couldn't use it on Ninja gaiden), tried the claws and felt more familiar.

In the last game I used a double sword, had a super cheap counter that ruled!

Which armor are you describing? I'm running a whatever gives me the most stats attire.

Must of the points are invested in courage, 20 heart, 20 constitution, and the skill that allows you to use better light armor

Yeah, high strong hits like a truck for Od. Keep an eye out for a rare text dropped by Magara Naotaka (Sub-Zero boss) called something Snow -- very powerful AoE technique re: CC and repositioning when up Schitt's creek. Are you running a paralysis build?
No, I'm running a "I've no idea what the fuck I'm doing" build. It's so long since I played the original I can't remember anything. Outside of chopping monsters, the parry and the special attack, I don't know anything.

I didn't, I've read about spear, but I can't use it effectively, feels very stiff and limited. I've never tried kusarigama (couldn't use it on Ninja gaiden), tried the claws and felt more familiar.

In the last game I used a double sword, had a super cheap counter that ruled!

Which armor are you describing? I'm running a whatever gives me the most stats attire.

Must of the points are invested in courage, 20 heart, 20 constitution, and the skill that allows you to use better light armor
Should be the Valiant Wanderer set but gear I couldn't recall (e/ called Great Hachiryo). You'll need lean into bow for build to work but it's a next-level kit for Tonfa mains when all made up (and hearing your stats, it will fit you without performance penalty -- very nice). Will be a boss drop so pray for Kodama mats drop (Hunter blessing) going in to have Toyo forge it. If you are bow-shy, just build and clan for HP on bullseye or debuff/weakpoint-harvesting upon hit, something that pays dividends without gimping your go-to game. Lastly, keep an eye out for Flying Bolt cores now to start collecting in complement to which. Just some theorycrafting legwork.

You should only run setless, patchwork armour if early-game or before map 4 on DotSam, IMO. Spear, you'd mentioned, is baller but without advanced transitions in play like Flying Monkey, it's more or less just a rangy stick for scaredy cats. Kusa comes with a learning curve (easy to eat counter DMG in misstep) but was my main in the original, stubbornly so; has a many-faces moveset that juggles short and mid-long ranges -- think death by a thousand cuts and catch me if you can. I think Spear only looks good on Tonfa's arm on paper. In practice, Valiant Wanderer will take your DPS nuclear with A-scaling for Courage and I'd argue a focus on Nin should be your goal after that. For a weapon beyond bow and because VW will have a set req for Str, I'd run Odachi -- it's got poke and a sick skill-tree.

If you've a ways to go before you can farm for VW, I'd wholeheartedly run Hammers as secondary. With scaling in mind and because dudes often mix this up, don't ever swap Hammer for Axe; per your build, the synergy sits squarely with Hammers. Happy skull-crushing, samurai.

Should be the Valiant Wanderer set but gear I couldn't recall (e/ called Great Hachiryo). You'll need lean into bow for build to work but it's a next-level kit for Tonfa mains when all made up (and hearing your stats, it will fit you without performance penalty -- very nice). Will be a boss drop so pray for Kodama mats drop (Hunter blessing) going in to have Toyo forge it. If you are bow-shy, just build and clan for HP on bullseye or debuff/weakpoint-harvesting upon hit, something that pays dividends without gimping your go-to game. Lastly, keep an eye out for Flying Bolt cores now to start collecting in complement to which. Just some theorycrafting legwork.

You should only run setless, patchwork armour if early-game or before map 4 on DotSam, IMO. Spear, you'd mentioned, is baller but without advanced transitions in play like Flying Monkey, it's more or less just a rangy stick for scaredy cats. Kusa comes with a learning curve (easy to eat counter DMG in misstep) but was my main in the original, stubbornly so; has a many-faces moveset that juggles short and mid-long ranges -- think death by a thousand cuts and catch me if you can. I think Spear only looks good on Tonfa's arm on paper. In practice, Valiant Wanderer will take your DPS nuclear with A-scaling for Courage and I'd argue a focus on Nin should be your goal after that. For a weapon beyond bow and because VW will have a set req for Str, I'd run Odachi -- it's got poke and a sick skill-tree.

If you've a ways to go before you can farm for VW, I'd wholeheartedly run Hammers as secondary. With scaling in mind and because dudes often mix this up, don't ever swap Hammer for Axe; per your build, the synergy sits squarely with Hammers. Happy skull-crushing, samurai.
Thanks samurai! This helps a bunch, I will try to speed until the first dlc on the second difficulty, to see if I can manage to farm some revenants for armor pieces. I think i have a couple of green peach I that I can start to get skills with, also, will try hammers, to familiarize with the moveset

Thanks samurai! This helps a bunch, I will try to speed until the first dlc on the second difficulty, to see if I can manage to farm some revenants for armor pieces. I think i have a couple of green peach I that I can start to get skills with, also, will try hammers, to familiarize with the moveset
Green peach? Green odachi

Made a switch back to the axe and it’s upped the game’s fun factor quite a bit. The stagger is just ridiculous and even in high stance I can get off quick combos.

What does everyone else mostly play with?
I messed around with a few things, but Switch Glaive with some Omnyo magic (especially slow down) was gaming crack. I'm looking forward to getting back into it whenever I can get a PS5. I just bought a new TV too, will be glorious at 60FPS 4K-ish

What does Nioh cap out at FPS and resolution wise?

After a quick check, I have most of the pieces of the armor in green, I just need to respec so I can lower constitution and skill, and upgrade strength.

I've tried the hammer and the large sword, I need to research for the useful skills to upgrade.

Good thing about upping strength is that the claw is also available, and claw moves fast like the tonfas

After a quick check, I have most of the pieces of the armor in green, I just need to respec so I can lower constitution and skill, and upgrade strength.

I've tried the hammer and the large sword, I need to research for the useful skills to upgrade.

Good thing about upping strength is that the claw is also available, and claw moves fast like the tonfas
So, mixing it up like this will not be maximising VW potential as you're leaving the Tonfa house and also moving away from Courage beyond what remodelling can do for you. If you would rather go hard Str with Claws or Fists + Od. (great combo, BTW), I'd say scrap VW and look at Brave Demon Hunter set. This set is hot with high DPS scaling for the respective WPN classes and survivability + poise (as a heavier Medium, strikes can follow through more often than getting shorted by stagger). Even though not running VW, I'd still focus on bow over matchlock because of the synergy bows and your new claws share in scaling -- and so too for cannon w/ BDH set in mind (vis-à-vis Stamina and thus Agile rating), so claws + bow + cannon have good viability here.

So, mixing it up like this will not be maximising VW potential as you're leaving the Tonfa house and also moving away from Courage beyond what remodelling can do for you. If you would rather go hard Str with Claws or Fists + Od. (great combo, BTW), I'd say scrap VW and look at Brave Demon Hunter set. This set is hot with high DPS scaling for the respective WPN classes and survivability + poise (as a heavier Medium, strikes can follow through more often than getting shorted by stagger). Even though not running VW, I'd still focus on bow over matchlock because of the synergy bows and your new claws share in scaling -- and so too for cannon w/ BDH set in mind (vis-à-vis Stamina and thus Agile rating), so claws + bow + cannon have good viability here.
I believe that constitution increases spear, and courage increases tonfa, so leaving light armor and spear, I assumed I could relocate the constitution and skill points I have invested towards strength and maybe stamina, because as right now, I can't wear VW armor.

If I remember right, my stats look something like this:
Constitution 20
Heart 20
Courage 95
Stamina 5
Strength 5
Skill 30
Dex 5
Magic 5

I believe that constitution increases spear, and courage increases tonfa, so leaving light armor and spear, I assumed I could relocate the constitution and skill points I have invested towards strength and maybe stamina, because as right now, I can't wear VW armor.

If I remember right, my stats look something like this:
Constitution 20
Heart 20
Courage 95
Stamina 5
Strength 5
Skill 30
Dex 5
Magic 5
That would be right. One thing to note is to keep at least a C-rating for Agility, you really need pump points into Stam, which can scare guys off. Light armours as you advance are toilet paper, IMO; run rather Medium+ late-game DotSam and beyond. Full stop. Stam will do wonders for your cannon so it's not a waste by any means. One trick to help is to clan for Stam-scaling HP gain, so you're not losing out on points that could otherwise go into Const. Win-win. I forget the clan but can get the group for you if you need help sorting that. You'll be tough as iron when all this is set up. BDH set. Claws or Fists, and Odachi + Bow and Cannon w/ Nin focus. Do I have your desired setup right?

On your deciding between claws and fists, one thing to think on is claws will net you access to a special skill (text drop), while fists do superior Ki DMG; I recommend fists because as you get into harder encounters, HP balloons while Ki pools not so much -- meaning, you will still be zero-ki'ing fools and proccing those delicious DMG multipliers.

That would be right. One thing to note is to keep at least a C-rating for Agility, you really need pump points into Stam, which can scare guys off. Light armours as you advance are toilet paper, IMO; run rather Medium+ late-game DotSam and beyond. Full stop. Stam will do wonders for your cannon so it's not a waste by any means. One trick to help is to clan for Stam-scaling HP gain, so you're not losing out on points that could otherwise go into Const. Win-win. I forget the clan but can get the group for you if you need help sorting that. You'll be tough as iron when all this is set up. BDH set. Claws or Fists, and Odachi + Bow and Cannon w/ Nin focus. Do I have your desired setup right?

On your deciding between claws and fists, one thing to think on is claws will net you access to a special skill (text drop), while fists do superior Ki DMG; I recommend fists because as you get into harder encounters, HP balloons while Ki pools not so much -- meaning, you will still be zero-ki'ing fools and proccing those delicious DMG multipliers.
Right now I'm running full valiant warrior and claw (tonfas + claw), my new stats look like:

Constitution 20
Heart 20
Courage 86
Stamina 22
Strength 20
Skill 5
Dex 5
Magic 5

And I'm seriously considering another respec to have more stamina, the stamina regen penalty is huge! I can't combo as I used to

Right now I'm running full valiant warrior and claw (tonfas + claw), my new stats look like:

Constitution 20
Heart 20
Courage 86
Stamina 22
Strength 20
Skill 5
Dex 5
Magic 5

And I'm seriously considering another respec to have more stamina, the stamina regen penalty is huge! I can't combo as I used to
@Valhoven

Now I get it, considering the huge point dump on stamina and strength, odachi makes sense!

I want to keep using Odachi weapons. Dumping points into stamina and strength is the way to go then? I should say, I barely understand a word of the above posts. o_O

Please keep it as dumbed down as possible. I'll accept 'yes'.

Back