RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Berchelt vs Valdez RBR ESPN Top Rank 2/20

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@MMALOPEZ
What happens with Shakur Stevenson.
Does he fight Valdez or wait for Herring-Frampton?

Well Valdez apparently said post-fight that he'd fight Shakur, and Shakur has said he'd fight Valdez so it seems easy to sort out, and even Arum says it's up to them two.

A few sites seem to think Arum would rather Shakur win a title and then match them up but we'll have to see. Arum also said they're losing a lot of money per event so they can't afford to hold any more events without crowds.

Well Valdez apparently said post-fight that he'd fight Shakur, and Shakur has said he'd fight Valdez so it seems easy to sort out, and even Arum says it's up to them two.

A few sites seem to think Arum would rather Shakur win a title and then match them up but we'll have to see. Arum also said they're losing a lot of money per event so they can't afford to hold any more events without crowds.
Basically he is confirming he is fighting a bum next

Did anyone else notice in that 9th rd right before the kd, Berchelt kinda called Valdez into standing in front of him and fighting toe to toe and literally a second later Valdez cracked him w/ a combo and dropped him hard? Lol. That was pretty embarrassing for Berchelt...

I want to make more fun of Berchelt for that but really I'm just glad no bad news is coming from his side a few days later now. I really thought he might've been in a severe health crisis after that beating.

Did anyone else notice in that 9th rd right before the kd, Berchelt kinda called Valdez into standing in front of him and fighting toe to toe and literally a second later Valdez cracked him w/ a combo and dropped him hard? Lol. That was pretty embarrassing for Berchelt...

I want to make more fun of Berchelt for that but really I'm just glad no bad news is coming from his side a few days later now. I really thought he might've been in a severe health crisis after that beating.

Yeah he has a lot of stuff to think about after this fight. Getting KO'd is one thing, but getting KO'd after you've been outclassed by someone you were supposed to beat, and all the Mexican legends thought you'd beat, and you look super slow, and you egged your opponent on...

It's a big yikes from me.

Yeah he has a lot of stuff to think about after this fight. Getting KO'd is one thing, but getting KO'd after you've been outclassed by someone you were supposed to beat, and all the Mexican legends thought you'd beat, and you look super slow, and you egged your opponent on...

It's a big yikes from me.
Though it makes you wonder how much covid affected him.
Fuck whoever felt the need to write that and ruin my day.
Khamzat’s lung is completely fucked up for example.

Though it makes you wonder how much covid affected him.
Fuck whoever felt the need to write that and ruin my day.
Khamzat’s lung is completely fucked up for example.

I think even for fighters without covid they are just getting lazy during this time, people can't go the gym as normal so it's hard to motivate yourself.

Those who get covid need to take more time to recover it would seem. Berchelt got covid when he ignored the restrictions when the fight was first announced, Valdez was furious with him.

Rewatching the fight.

Love the way Bradley sucks his teeth and gives a little “hmmn” when Valdez lands.

Rewatch the fight too. It’s superb.

After rewatching, I’d say it was a great performance by Valdez against a rediculously drained Berchelt - way worse than I realized first time round.

Berchelt was pushing punches from the get go and really having to dig deep to land meaningfully (which he did when he needed to get back into it in the 5th, big time)

Given how much he cut weight and the shots he took, I’m just glad Berchelt walked out of there.

KO of the year contender, but not a FOTY on second viewing as Berchelt didn’t really bring much after fucking himself on the scales.

Over. And out.

Back