Official UFN 86 Thread - Croatia: JDS vs Big Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Big Ben is the best fighter between the two

I personally feel if JDS wins it will be by dec by stick and move.

i'm pretty sure darren till injured his shoulder which is why dalby's r3 looked so impresive. he had nothing for the first two rounds. not that till and cummings are at all similar stylistically but i think that might be a factor the oddsmakers have neglected.

He did, yes, but that doesn't take everything away from dalby; he still hung in there and stuck with it, etc

How do you knock out a grizzly bear anyways? Lol

Man there's just something about Ben's confidence that I'm afraid to bet against. He literally said he'll lay on his back on purpose and invite Werdum into his guard. Wtf does he seems to know something we don't?

But def the value is there. I think if JDS were to win, he could win by decision because Big Ben can absorb damage like it's no one's business. Rule out the submission for JDS, and that leaves the decision.

But as it stands, JDS has always had issues with people pressuring him and he spends a lot of his time with his back against the wall. He needs better footwork and he needs to diversify his skillset. Where are the leg kicks? Not the telegraphed spinning shit he keeps trying either. His BJJ black belt is pretty much useless in his fights he only has one for defensive purposes and maybe to exploit a couple TDs on the more unsuspecting HWs.

Overeem beat him with such simple tactics that he couldn't figure out the distance, so maybe JDS isn't as talented as we thought he was. So JDS has been beaten by pressure fighters, and guys who moved well. Man he's got a lot of OUTS.

I'm interested how this fight plays out if/when they clinch up. If JDS can handle himself there he may have a shot at the rest of his game flowing. Ben's gonna be in his face.

I dunno where to go with this fight but I think I may end up betting Rothwell, but I'll play that decision line too from JDS.

Last edited:

Don't want to see JDS zombie walking around in the 5th round !

Bens a kill or die trying at the moment, I still think ben brings his pressure style and JDS will pay for it.

ben itd play could do well but like the idea of in-play jds decision & jds ko if the lines are good :)

Ben%2BRothwell%2BKnockouts%2BAlistair%2BOvereem%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

Mine:

Rothwell
Gonzaga
Ngannou
Tybura
Igor Pokrajac
Girls-SKIP
Taisumov
Entwistle
Pejic
Lucas Martins
Jared Cannonier
Bojan velickovic

How do you knock out a grizzly bear anyways? Lol

Man there's just something about Ben's confidence that I'm afraid to bet against. He literally said he'll lay on his back on purpose and invite Werdum into his guard. Wtf does he seems to know something we don't?

But def the value is there. I think if JDS were to win, he could win by decision because Big Ben can absorb damage like it's no one's business. Rule out the submission for JDS, and that leaves the decision.

But as it stands, JDS has always had issues with people pressuring him and he spends a lot of his time with his back against the wall. He needs better footwork and he needs to diversify his skillset. Where are the leg kicks? Not the telegraphed spinning shit he keeps trying either. His BJJ black belt is pretty much useless in his fights he only has one for defensive purposes and maybe to exploit a couple TDs on the more unsuspecting HWs.

Overeem beat him with such simple tactics that he couldn't figure out the distance, so maybe JDS isn't as talented as we thought he was. So JDS has been beaten by pressure fighters, and guys who moved well. Man he's got a lot of OUTS.

I'm interested how this fight plays out if/when they clinch up. If JDS can handle himself there he may have a shot at the rest of his game flowing. Ben's gonna be in his face.

I dunno where to go with this fight but I think I may end up betting Rothwell, but I'll play that decision line too from JDS.

Just to point out with the bold, that is exactly what people said about Conor prior to the Nate fight.

2u Derrick Lewis -154. Kinda fading Gonzaga. The black beast isn't very good but atleast he's not afraid to throw strikes. If he manages to muscle Gonzaga to the floor I think he will pound him out despite Gonzagas BJJ skills.

2u Derrick Lewis -154. Kinda fading Gonzaga. The black beast isn't very good but atleast he's not afraid to throw strikes. If he manages to muscle Gonzaga to the floor I think he will pound him out despite Gonzagas BJJ skills.

Im in the minority here but i like Gonzaga sub here Lewis is getting better but i think Gonzaga eats him on the mat especially from top.

Im in the minority here but i like Gonzaga sub here Lewis is getting better but i think Gonzaga eats him on the mat especially from top.
I also think he would do well from top but I think it will be hard for him to get there. Lewis seems very strong. Think that will cancel sub attempts from the bottom.

I dont think he will want to take Gonz down and i think he has trouble getting him down.

I keep fading Lewis and it keeps costing me money as he KO's everyone. I hope you are right as I like Gonzaga but not sure where to bet here. I agree if Gonzaga gets him down it will be one sided.

i thought exactly the same thing. black beast has ended up on the mat a few times recently with guys who have failed to capitalize, gonzaga won't miss a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back