Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Josephine Lindgren Knutsson was supposed to be making her pro mma debut against that Italian lady who recently got busted with a bunch of ecstasy. I hope Knutsson finds another fight soon, because she imo has the best kickbox/mt record coming in to wmma since Valentina/Van Soest.

The promotion found a different Italian for her to fight. Hopefully this one isn't selling Ketamine or something.

9djqtch6qaj61.jpg

I think Hamderlei is going to beat the shit out of everybody, but it's cool to have the GP, sounds like they'll have to get through it quickly if the winner is fighting Lee this year.

Oo, this sounds absolutely amazing! After being concerned with all my (hopefully unfounded) Invicta related fears, this is joyful announcement. I'll be waving a Hamderlei foam finger and whatnot! :)

it's a really good tournament like something from late 90s/early 2000s, fighters from all over with decent backgrounds in a variety of disciplines...

I just hope they call the event something like
'ONE FC: When Atoms Collide'
tenor.gif

Hamasaki & Mei Yamaguchi's google translated response to the ONE GP is funny & interesting.

"ONE's atom class weighs 52.2 kg. So I think it's a little disadvantageous in terms of physique to Ham Sohi, who can actually play even in the atom class (47.6kg). To be honest, I don't know much about the fighters, but I wanted to see Mr. V (Mei Yamaguchi) in the tournament."

Yamaguchi : "I was preparing. Im in the rankings, but lol"
Hamasaki : "It's really mysterious."

I know I wouldn't want to try to call a favorite with Shevchenko/Andrade since basically Jessica
Andrade is a shorter & lighter Cris Cyborg.

I know I wouldn't want to try to call a favorite with Shevchenko/Andrade since basically Jessica

I have no problem calling a favorite, particularly given that Cyborg was always vastly over-rated. Val picks Andrade apart.

Interesting note they're not making it main event so likely still working on Zhang vs rose here, but also not making it comain so that deal needs work I'd assume. Also if this happens will it be the 1st double wmma title ppv? Edit nope I remember ufc193 did the double with Ronda v holm and joanna v Valerie.

Andrade is a live dog for sure but I don't get anyone thinking she isn't a dog here.

Last edited:
Back