Official Women's Division Discussion #27

I was pretty excited for Anissa Meksen to be fighting Martine Michieletto. This is a step down in opponent quality for Meksen, but still good. Cristina Morales is actually a solid fighter, but she's going to be on the smaller end of ONE's whateverweight.

Three or four years ago I was fairly high on Grace Cleveland as a prospect. She was shaping up to be an active & crushing top control grappler, but injuries, inactivity, and a baby have hampered a lot of her progress.

The good news is we now have a new weight miss unit - the Montano, for missing weight by 7 lbs.

Damn! She missed weight by a whole Will Smith movie. Has only fought once since winning the title and then having it stripped. I felt bad for her early on because it seemed like the UFC was pressuring her to fight and defend her belt quickly, when she seemed to be dealing with legit injuries. No doubt they were eager for Valentina to become champ.

Now, haven't been keeping up with her career. Still hope she turns things around, for her sake at least.

oh nicco... she was the hot favorite too *sighs*

i'm hoping buys/de paula will bring teh lulz tomorrow night - but in reality it's gonna be a dull, low level fight.
as for frey/yoder... i wanna see frey ripping shots to yoder's body like rocky to a slab of beef :D

It is a little weird that Buys/DePaula is on the main card above well established names like longtime Invicta champ/RIZIN superstar Jinh or the undefeated true 125 champ Nicco but I guess the UFC figures that Buys/Paula will be a standup banger between two marketable fighters, which is what teh cazuals want to see, and I suspect they will get what they're hoping for.
<{JustBleed}>
Buys/DePaula
- DePaula by DEC, who knows really, I pick her for no reason in particular.

Yoda/Frey - I've seen 'hottest wmma bout ever?' kicked out every now and then, I think this may just be it for me with Jinh Yu Bae (the ultimate woman) squaring off against Farrah Fawcett herself... I'm guessing Frey DEC, Yoder's subs will be a threat, neither of them have or are going to set the UFC on fire, but it'll be kinda sad to see one go after this purely for the, erm, very high aesthetic value they bring.

I didn't think UFC would cut Nicco before, they seem to want to give her a chance, but I half expect it now, missing weight, missing weight in the division above where you started, missing weight by 7lbs, missing weight so much the fight is cancelled, missing weight then saying 'hey guys I missed weight, this is why you need to check out my about-to-be-released documentary about why weightcutting is so bad' it's just one facepalm after another - like she's trying her best to be cut - even I can't really say anything positive anymore, well, not when it comes to MMA at least, maybe she can pursue another interest...

Something i'm curious about and no i'm not using it as a excuse for Nicco Montano to
miss weight like she did but is it plausible that elevation can make weight cutting easier
or harder depending on rather it is at or above sea level.

The higher up you are (in long distances, think plane fight level high) the more you bloat. She trains at the same elevation she is fighting in so the only reason she failed is that she once again blew up outside of fight camp. Discipline is not a some time thing, it is an all the time thing.

Something i'm curious about and no i'm not using it as a excuse for Nicco Montano to
miss weight like she did but is it plausible that elevation can make weight cutting easier
or harder depending on rather it is at or above sea level.

Everyone else seems to manage it.

Back