Crime Old guy in Ohio targeted by scammers kills someone

Insert racism wherever you can lol. So laughable. Guess we should always consider it racism when any race attacks another. You can turn on yourube and see and hear ALL races being racist towards another. so let's let everyone in on the fun, and stop playing to one side.

Dude needs to spend the rest of his days in a cold, lonely cell. Unfortunately, he wont have too long.

There should be annual tests when you get to a certain age.
Annual tests for what? Would the results apply to all rights or just specific permissions you deem appropriate? If you fail do you get sent to some lepers colony?

Insert racism wherever you can lol. So laughable. Guess we should always consider it racism when any race attacks another. You can turn on yourube and see and hear ALL races being racist towards another. so let's let everyone in on the fun, and stop playing to one side.

Dude needs to spend the rest of his days in a cold, lonely cell. Unfortunately, he wont have too long.
Dude needs to be locked up and they really need to find the scammers making the calls and lock their asses up as well.

Annual tests for what? Would the results apply to all rights or just specific permissions you deem appropriate? If you fail do you get sent to some lepers colony?
Senility? I mean, at some point, your mind is too far gone to have a drivers license, so maybe you should not have a gun either. Not sure of how to do it, but seems reasonable to me.

Senility? I mean, at some point, your mind is too far gone to have a drivers license, so maybe you should not have a gun either. Not sure of how to do it, but seems reasonable to me.
If you're too far gone to be trusted with a license or to own a gun you probably shouldn't be allowed to roam freely in society or live alone either.

good example of the white victim complex. Not only offended someone would mention race as a possible factor regarding a demographic studies show is more racially prejudice, but also taking a step further and asserting as a fact it must be completely irrelevant like you know exactly how the shooter’s mind works, his belief, and can speak for him with complete confidence.
I really don't see it as much different than the way people here jumped the gun in the case of the recent Australian mall attack.

Sad sad story. There are some people who are really fucked up in this world.. will ruin other people's lives like this like its nothing.

Hopefully they catch the fucker who set them up.

Not making excuses for the old guy either.. but he was obviously on edge after getting harassed.

it involves a demographic that possesses higher rates of racial prejudice executing a black person who posed zero threat. So that would be the racial element worth discussing. Not sure how that’s over your head.
Where do you think that prejudice comes from? Does it just show up in the brain of someone over 60?

Sad sad story. There are some people who are really fucked up in this world.. will ruin other people's lives like this like its nothing.

Hopefully they catch the fucker who set them up.

Not making excuses for the old guy either.. but he was obviously on edge after getting harassed.
I think that's what a lot of people are missing...they need to hold that scammer accountable and charge him or her to the fullest extent of the law.

I really don't see it as much different than the way people here jumped the gun in the case of the recent Australian mall attack.

The mall attacker wasn’t Muslim. So discussion that he was and his motives sprang being of that demographic was dumb.

If he was Muslim then discussing whether that was a motive would have been appropriate. But he wasn’t, so it never was.

The shooter here was an old white man. Old people are shown to be more prejudice. So discussion that his motive for shooting a black non threatening black victim may have sprung from prejudice is appropriate.

You’re comparing misidentifying a person and attributing motives to that mistake with correctly describing the traits of a demographic who actually were responsible and discussing if they played a role. Very different things.

Oh fuck this is actually a legitimately terrible story. I don’t really feel like the old man is guilty. I hope they are able to find the scammers and charge them with murder. I feel like they are the ones that are actually guilty here.

The mall attacker wasn’t Muslim. So discussion that he was and his motives sprang being of that demographic was dumb.

If he was Muslim then discussing whether that was a motive would have been appropriate. But he wasn’t, so it never was.

The shooter here was an old white man. Old people are shown to be more prejudice. So discussion that his motive for shooting a black non threatening black victim may have sprung from prejudice is appropriate.

You’re comparing misidentifying a person and attributing motives to that mistake with correctly describing the traits of a demographic who actually were responsible and discussing if they played a role. Very different things.
Good answer.

It’s not irrelevant, as there is a pattern of black people being shot for simply showing up at white old people’s door unexpected and these shooters are part of a demographic that also exhibits more racial prejudice and less inhibitions.

So when a black person gets executed like this it’s worth considering if that was a factor. It’s dumb to refuse to consider the notion there’s possibly a connection. The scam call he received before doesn’t begin to justify the murder so exploring other factors is fine.
Do you have a source that shows this "pattern" of old people committing crime at higher rates?

It's a little hard to believe that the only group in the country that has a higher rate of killing black people than being killed by them is the age demographic with extraordinarily low homicide rates generally.

Where do you think that prejudice comes from? Does it just show up in the brain of someone over 60?

It can come from many different places. But the fact is the brain shrinks in elderly people and with that their inhibitions do as well. It’s possible they were always racist and aging brains have made it more difficult for them to not act on those beliefs because their inhibitions are weaker then when they were young.

Do you have a source that shows this "pattern" of old people committing crime at higher rates?

It's a little hard to believe that the only group in the country that has a higher rate of killing black people than being killed by them is the age demographic with some of the lowest homicide rates generally.

I never claimed they had higher crime rates.
I argued they are more prejudice than younger demos so when they execute a minority in their yard who posed no threat, exploring if prejudice was a factor is logical.

Oh fuck this is actually a legitimately terrible story. I don’t really feel like the old man is guilty. I hope they are able to find the scammers and charge them with murder. I feel like they are the ones that are actually guilty here.

The notion the scam call makes the shooter not guilty is bullshit.

They said they were the court asking for bond. There is no logical jump to “they are coming to my house to shoot me if I don’t pay”.

At no point did he have any reason to believe his life was in any danger whatsoever.

Back