Crime Old guy in Ohio targeted by scammers kills someone

The mall attacker wasn’t Muslim. So discussion that he was and his motives sprang being of that demographic was dumb.

If he was Muslim then discussing whether that was a motive would have been appropriate. But he wasn’t, so it never was.

The shooter here was an old white man. Old people are shown to be more prejudice. So discussion that his motive for shooting a black non threatening black victim may have sprung from prejudice is appropriate.

You’re comparing misidentifying a person and attributing motives to that mistake with correctly describing the traits of a demographic who actually were responsible and discussing if they played a role. Very different things.
Old "People" tend to be more racist.......Well its apparent you never met your average black chick...They are the most racist people of all. But please continue virtue signaling away and be the all mighty White Savior...that is your Schtick after all

Old white men with guns and young black men with guns scare me.
Compare one year's total shootings from both, use any source you like.
It’s possible the victim being black played into some prejudice the shooter held that helped him more easily associate a minority with being involved in crime.
Sure, send a person of any race that's involved with scamming $12K from a senior's home. Way-sizum.
I have new found respect for Uber having the guts to announce that they banned the account that ordered the lady to the house.
Adequate punishment, account closed, end of story.
Oh fuck this is actually a legitimately terrible story. I don’t really feel like the old man is guilty. I hope they are able to find the scammers and charge them with murder. I feel like they are the ones that are actually guilty here.
If she never went there to commit the crime, there's no bad ending for either one.

The notion the scam call makes the shooter not guilty is bullshit.

They said they were the court asking for bond. There is no logical jump to “they are coming to my house to shoot me if I don’t pay”.

At no point did he have any reason to believe his life was in any danger whatsoever.
Indeed. If he was expecting them the smart thing to do would have been to immediately have the cops come and wait for the uber driver but since he did not it makes his intent clear. Or so I gather from the available info. He didn't call the police until after she was dead.

It can come from many different places. But the fact is the brain shrinks in elderly people and with that their inhibitions do as well. It’s possible they were always racist and aging brains have made it more difficult for them to not act on those beliefs because their inhibitions are weaker then when they were young.
That could be the case, but I was pointing out that people have experiences that help form their views of others. This would include stereotypes that they've been exposed to. Regardless of what you or I might think about stereotypes, they exist for a reason and are often validated every day.

The notion the scam call makes the shooter not guilty is bullshit.

They said they were the court asking for bond. There is no logical jump to “they are coming to my house to shoot me if I don’t pay”.

At no point did he have any reason to believe his life was in any danger whatsoever.
It’s not bullshit. He was an old confused man receiving death threats when someone showed up as promised. You’re not putting yourself in his shoes

Last edited:
Compare one year's total shootings from both, use any source you like.

Sure, send a person of any race that's involved with scamming $12K from a senior's home. Way-sizum.

Adequate punishment, account closed, end of story.

If she never went there to commit the crime, there's no bad ending for either one.
I don’t know what you’re trying to say to me

Never seen a gun, by itself, kill anyone.

Somebody always has to pull the trigger.

Anyway, lets keep this on topic, rather than this thread devolving into single-digit IQs arguing for gun control... which are the same single-digit IQs who argued for defunding the police.

Ya'll have proven consistently you hold your idealogy as a higher priority than obvious cause & effect resulting in more innocent people getting raped & murdered.
Says a racist

William Brock, 81, WHO IS WHITE, was arrested after he fatally shot Lo-Letha Hall, 61, outside his home in South Charleston, Ohio

<36>

I'm sure they never write who is black when it's the other way around
It's the Guardian. It's going to have stuff like that. I swear one time they had an article that said "The white male who is white"

I never claimed they had higher crime rates.
I argued they are more prejudice than younger demos so when they execute a minority in their yard who posed no threat, exploring if prejudice was a factor is logical.
This is what you said...

It’s not irrelevant, as there is a pattern of black people being shot for simply showing up at white old people’s door unexpected and these shooters are part of a demographic that also exhibits more racial prejudice and less inhibitions.

So when a black person gets executed like this it’s worth considering if that was a factor. It’s dumb to refuse to consider the notion there’s possibly a connection. The scam call he received before doesn’t begin to justify the murder so exploring other factors is fine.
I asked you to source this "less inhibitions" claim, and of course there is no evidence of that, and that is probably the least criminal demographic.

"Exploring if prejudice was a factor" of course is not logical, because they already told you what the reason was. Somebody intentionally set this lady up by calling this guy multiple times demanding money and threatening to kill him and his relative, then sent a stranger to show up at his house unannounced. There is no "hate crime" required here.

It's the Guardian. It's going to have stuff like that. I swear one time they had an article that said "The white male who is white"
Its right up there with The New York Times and now NPR..... Babylon Bee is less satirical at this point.

Man what a fucked up situation. The old guy was dumb though. Even if he suspected the women was involved just call the police and get her license plate.
Yeah I have sympathy for old people I really do, but this was absolute bullshit, unless they can really, really show that he was being threatened, which based on what we're seeing didn't happen.

Yeah I have sympathy for old people I really do, but this was absolute bullshit, unless they can really, really show that he was being threatened, which based on what we're seeing didn't happen.
Yep...she didn't pose a threat in any manner that we seen and its a sad situation all around but the man has to be held accountable for his actions and hopefully the scammers get theirs as well.

Back