Crime Old guy in Ohio targeted by scammers kills someone

it involves a demographic that possesses higher rates of racial prejudice executing a black person who posed zero threat. So that would be the racial element worth discussing. Not sure how that’s over your head.

With that same logic, I could say the white guy wasn't completely wrong to shoot the black lady because blacks commit the most crimes. Would you accept that insane scenario?

William Brock, 81, WHO IS WHITE, was arrested after he fatally shot Lo-Letha Hall, 61, outside his home in South Charleston, Ohio

<36>

I'm sure they never write who is black when it's the other way around

At the end of the article it says this lol

3. We are keenly aware of how the media can be manipulated to promote political agendas

Yeah let's give dementia ridden senile old farts access to firearms, so they can start blasting when kids skateboard on the sidewalk or black person dares to exist in the vicinity

As opposed to giving dementia-ridden, senile old farts command over the most powerful military on earth? ;)

That could be the case, but I was pointing out that people have experiences that help form their views of others. This would include stereotypes that they've been exposed to. Regardless of what you or I might think about stereotypes, they exist for a reason and are often validated every day.

What are to even saying here? That some stereotype about black folks means this old man didnt execute the woman in cold blood? Because he did and there’s no stereotype that remotely excuses it.

Stereotyped exist for a reason, sure. That reason can be to they were touted by one race to look down on another and justify mistreatment and discrimination and are widely accepted lies to achieve that.

Take “polish people are dumb”. Not true but since the poorest of them were largely who immigrated to the US it was an easy generalized lie to use against a group who non-immigrants wanted to condescend. They were no dumber than poor folks from anywhere else. But it spread nonetheless in the name of being anti-immigrant.

So what is the point of saying things that are often outright lies about a race are applicable here?

It’s not bullshit. He was an old confused man receiving death threats when someone showed up as promised. You’re not putting yourself in his shoes.

“Mr Brock received some scam call by a person purporting to be someone from our courts who informed him a family member was incarcerated and that he had a bond of a significant amount of money,” said Lt Kristopher Shultz of the Clark county sheriff’s office in a press release.”

Where is the death threat? A court official is coming to murder you for bond money? That makes no sense.

What are to even saying here? That some stereotype about black folks means this old man didnt execute the woman in cold blood? Because he did and there’s no stereotype that remotely excuses it.

Stereotyped exist for a reason, sure. That reason can be to they were touted by one race to look down on another and justify mistreatment and discrimination and are widely accepted lies to achieve that.

Take “polish people are dumb”. Not true but since the poorest of them were largely who immigrated to the US it was an easy generalized lie to use against a group who non-immigrants wanted to condescend. They were no dumber than poor folks from anywhere else. But it spread nonetheless in the name of being anti-immigrant.

So what is the point of saying things that are often outright lies about a race are applicable here?
Good grief . . . why do I even bother?

I was specifically addressing YOUR comments whining about old racist people. I didn't express an opinion on the shooting at all.

This is what you said...

I asked you to source this "less inhibitions" claim, and of course there is no evidence of that, and that is probably the least criminal demographic.

"Exploring if prejudice was a factor" of course is not logical, because they already told you what the reason was. Somebody intentionally set this lady up by calling this guy multiple times demanding money and threatening to kill him and his relative, then sent a stranger to show up at his house unannounced. There is no "hate crime" required here.

Good grief . . . why do I even bother?

I was specifically addressing YOUR comments whining about old racist people. I didn't express an opinion on the shooting at all.

How does bringing up stereotypes, which you aren’t even arguing aren’t often widely accepted lies, address my comments on this shooting?

With that same logic, I could say the white guy wasn't completely wrong to shoot the black lady because blacks commit the most crimes. Would you accept that insane scenario?

Dumbest comparison ever holy shit.

I didn’t argue knowledge of elderly prejudice in any fashion justifies murdering any random old people in cold blood. I said it was relevant to discuss in the wake of an old person having shot a minority doing a mundane task to see if it could be true.

How does bringing up stereotypes, which you aren’t even arguing aren’t often widely accepted lies, address my comments on this shooting?
Sigh. You proclaimed this old guy was simply just a racist and held specific prejudices based on his age without having a clue about his life experience or what he's been exposed to as it relates to stereotypes.

You used that as the justification for focusing on the supposed racist angle of the shooting.

Stereotypes exist. Sometimes they are true.

“Mr Brock received some scam call by a person purporting to be someone from our courts who informed him a family member was incarcerated and that he had a bond of a significant amount of money,” said Lt Kristopher Shultz of the Clark county sheriff’s office in a press release.”

Where is the death threat? A court official is coming to murder you for bond money? That makes no sense.
They talk about it in the video in the op.

Why are you quoting one paragraph at me and acting indignant? The story is about longer than o e paragraph

Sigh. You proclaimed this old guy was simply just a racist and held specific prejudices based on his age without having a clue about his life experience or what he's been exposed to as it relates to stereotypes.

You used that as the justification for focusing on the supposed racist angle of the shooting.

Stereotypes exist. Sometimes they are true.

I never proclaimed this shooter was a racist. Quote the post I did. You can’t.

The reading comprehension around here sometimes…

I correctly asserted old people in general are more prejudice than other demographics, so exploring whether that could have been a factor and mentioning race when discussing possible motives is not completely irrelevant in this situation.

You trying to spin that into “You proclaimed this old guy was simply just a racist” is just you sucking at reading.

I never proclaimed this shooter was a racist. Quote the post I did. You can’t.

The reading comprehension around here sometimes…

I correctly asserted old people in general are more prejudice than other demographics, so exploring whether that could have been a factor and mentioning race when discussing possible motives is not completely irrelevant in this situation.

You trying to spin that into “You proclaimed this old guy was simply just a racist” is just you sucking at reading.

Come on man . . . stop acting like you weren't coming at this from the exact angle I mentioned. You focused on exactly that.

it involves a demographic that possesses higher rates of racial prejudice executing a black person who posed zero threat. So that would be the racial element worth discussing. Not sure how that’s over your head.

It can come from many different places. But the fact is the brain shrinks in elderly people and with that their inhibitions do as well. It’s possible they were always racist and aging brains have made it more difficult for them to not act on those beliefs because their inhibitions are weaker then when they were young.

They talk about it in the video in the op.

Why are you quoting one paragraph at me and acting indignant? The story is about longer than o e paragraph

There is nothing typed in the story that says death threats were made.

Watching the video makes it even worse for the shooter. The woman can barely walk, he chases after her with a gun and takes her phone as she instantly retreats, and then he doesn’t let her leave. After he shoots her he tells the cops someone was trying to rob him. It seems like he’s acting out of anger, not fear.

Come on man . . . stop acting like you weren't coming at this from the exact angle I mentioned. You focused on exactly that.

LMAO you just quoted 2 posts, neither of which has me proclaiming this shooter is racist to prove I did?

Both posts asserted old people in general are more prejudice than other demographics, so exploring whether that could have been a factor and mentioning race when discussing possible motives is not completely irrelevant in this situation.

You just gave 2 perfect examples of you having reading comprehension issues.

I’ll give you one more try, quote the sentence I proclaimed this shooter was simply just a racist.

Back