Only complete morons have Islam at #1 p4p

Then I'm a complete moron as are many people in the MMA business. Almost every MMA journalist is a complete moron.

What a sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
So if Islam just eats away and doesn't cut any weight, weighs in at 208 lbs, fights Parker Porter at HW and gets ktfo in r1, Parker Porter is #1 p4p - lest we have to jump through too many hoops?

If two people fight at the same weight, and one guy beats the other, it's idiotic to then claim that the other guy is still "Better P4P" considering they just fought at the same weight. Not really sure what you aren't understanding here?

Since I scored the fight for Volk I wpuld still have him p4p 1. But he did lose a,close fight IMO a 50/50 decision but he did lose . Sucks but you got to move him to 1 over Volk via a head to head.

Definitely needs a rematch though

If two people fight at the same weight, and one guy beats the other, it's idiotic to then claim that the other guy is still "Better P4P" considering they just fought at the same weight. Not really sure what you aren't understanding here?

If one fighter just cuts less weight and eats more, it's not fighting "at the same weight". If Islam just eats a bit more and doesn't cut weight, weighs in at 208 lbs and fights Parker Porter at HW, gets flatlined in 30 seconds - does that make Parker Porter the better fighter p4p "considering they just fought at the same weight"?

It's pretty simple actually:

When you are the bigger fighter, you are supposed to win.

A smaller fighter eating more and cutting less weight doesn't make him equal size to the fighter a weight class above.

When you are supposed to win easily and the smaller fighter "almost" (if not actually) beats you, it is nothing to bragg about.

In short: The LW champ who is #2 p4p is supposed to beat a FW coming up to his weight class fucking easily. If he struggles to the point where people can debate who won the fight, it is embarrassing and definitely doesn't make him p4p #1.

If you disagree with the above it should be no problem for Islam to move up to WW and have a very, very close fight with the WW champ. He is in his estimation #1 p4p after all. I am excited to see him challenging the winner of Leon vs Usman next - hold your breath!
It’s actually even simpler than that…….. P4P is all subjective. It’s not real!

Only a complete moron would make a thread like this....Volk challenged Islam....Islam showed him he belonds to the FWs...

Saying people who disagree with you must therefore be morons is a tad on the nose for this current world we live in... no?

I'm an Islam fan and I'm a volk fan
For me volk should still be p4p number 1 and agree with the thread

Islam needed to dominate to move ahead imo

Doesn't matter much anyway with the hypothetical

For now Volk is the man at 145 and Islam is still champ at 155

Maybe there will be another showdown in the near future?

Agree.
Same bullshit when Amanda was P4P after barely winning against #2 in Valentina who was almost 2 weight classes smaller than her.
Not only is Volk P4P, he also might have established himself as the GOAT after this fight.

The difference between Nunes and Islam is that Nunes didn't try to fight to her advantages while Islam absolutely tried to.

Nunes didn't make use of her size and strength at all to try and wrestle Val, which saw her scoring a 10-8 in their first fight. Instead she just stood and had a point fight with a faster, more well-versed striker. She gave Val exactly what she wanted. It was a wonder Nunes won.

Islam on the other hand, tried to make as much use of his size and strength advantage as possible by using his grappling.

If the #2 P4P guy is close enough in weight to the number #1 P4P guy that they can have a fight in the same weight class, and he beats the #1 guy, he then becomes the new #1 P4P fighter.

It's pretty simple.

i guess whittaker should be p4p #1 since he moved up from WW and was competitive with izzy ??

i mean there is no way izzy could make WW

Pound for pound only came into existence to get morons interested in the manlet divisions. Amazingly it has worked.

Volk himself said he felt stronger than Islam.

He was thicker, stockier, still lost.

Deal with it
Strenght doesn’t equal size, Islam is much bigger guy however you put it. You can be stringer than someone 10lbs heavier or 10cm tallerthan you with no problem, if you do the right things. Doesn’t mean they usually don’t have obvious advantages because of it. If they didn’t, weight classes wouldn’t exist.

If the #2 P4P guy is close enough in weight to the number #1 P4P guy that they can have a fight in the same weight class, and he beats the #1 guy, he then becomes the new #1 P4P fighter.

It's pretty simple.
I think I need someone to explain P4P to me like I’m 5 :(
It used to mean, who would win a fight if height and weight were equal. Like, Fedor would smash Mighty Mouse, but what if they were the same size? That type of thing.

I saw someone in a thread the other day say it has nothing to do with that it’s “comparing resumes across weight classes.” I compare resumes across weight classes, but I don’t really consider it a P4P ranking.
I don’t think I understand the world anymore…

I think I need someone to explain P4P to me like I’m 5 :(
It used to mean, who would win a fight if height and weight were equal. Like, Fedor would smash Mighty Mouse, but what if they were the same size? That type of thing.

I saw someone in a thread the other day say it has nothing to do with that it’s “comparing resumes across weight classes.” I compare resumes across weight classes, but I don’t really consider it a P4P ranking.
I don’t think I understand the world anymore…

P4P is a way to pretend that Volk is a better fighter than Gane because is he more well-rounded and has sharper skills. So in that sense, an argument for Volk retaining the P4P top spot makes sense. I just think if two fighters are close enough in weight to fight each other, the loser shouldn't be ranked over the winner.

I'm more upset about Francis being #3 in Sherdog's P4P list. What the fuck?

Volk himself said he felt stronger than Islam.

He was thicker, stockier, still lost.

Deal with it

lmao, how stupid are you?

If hes stronger yet smaller, then thats a great example of the very definition of being better "pound for pound"

You shoot yourself in the foot much?

Back