OPINION: Petr Yan was a paper champion- PAPER YAN

Agreed. I love Jose Aldo, but he was on a losing streak and had ZERO wins in the BW division. He was not the guy you win a BW belt off of. Aljo vs. Sandhagen was the rightful fight for the vacant belt, and the fans that were paying attention knew this the whole time. This isn't to downplay Yan either, it's just how it is. Yan's claim to a belt was always very dubious at best.

He should have won that Moraes fight though

He should have won that Moraes fight though

I'm one of the biggest Aldo fans on here, and I edged it to Moraes. Aldo had the pressure in round three, but much like Yan in round one against sterling, he wasnt' doing enough with the pressure and was actively getting outstruck. Close fight, though.

Definitely. Sterling is so damn mediocre.

Yan was extremely overrated, he only has one decent win against Sandhagen and he couldn't even finish him.

Even a can like Marlon Moraes finished Sterling in the first round and Yan could barely do any damage against him.

Yan is an okay fighter but people were talking about him like he was some pound for pound great.
Cry all day long. Both Sterling and Yan are elites in one of the hardest divisions. And if KO ratio is how you define a fighter so Derrick Lewis is the GOAT.

yan made a mistake that change his career to land that illegal knee, he knew the rules and yet clearly land that knee, it wasnt a scramble or so, so stupid.

I'm one of the biggest Aldo fans on here, and I edged it to Moraes. Aldo had the pressure in round three, but much like Yan in round one against sterling, he wasnt' doing enough with the pressure and was actively getting outstruck. Close fight, though.

Honestly, I should rewatch it. I had Aldo winning back then, but can't say I remember it clearly enough to be 100% I'd still feel the same.

Last edited:
<TheWire1>

Bruh.

although didn’t he beat Aldo for the vacant belt?

I like Yan, but my one gripe with him is that he is very hesitant and tentative and doesn't let go, he is like that in every fight and always takes about 8 minutes to start really throwing. I think he would be a lot better if he let go more from the start and wasn't so hesitant.

So if he was a paper champ, then what does that make Aljo?

A real champion

So you become deserving and legit champ by beating someone who doesn’t deserve to be there?

Petr earned the right to fight for the belt but he never beat a legit top to get the belt

Paper Champ

Its hard to disregard his skill on the feet. But alas, he really should have fought another on his way up. Still not the worst example of rank skipping in the ufc

A finish over Aldo (which is looking even better with time) and a dominant decision over the Sandman are ridiculous top level wins.

<TheWire1>

Bruh.

although didn’t he beat Aldo for the vacant belt?

Aldo never deserved to fight for 135 title. He was on a 2 fight losing streak. He was a hand picked match up to make Petr Yan look good

I like Lemurs'. I see you are kind of new here. WELCOME aboard. Belated congrats on the Yellow, Orange, Blue, Green, Brown, Black, Red, and Silver Belts.

Thanks sir.
The name is from Lemurs eating these millipedes as a natural repellent...a pesticide if you will.
One of the side effects is they get high as a kite lol.

Me and you had a back and forth when I first got on, mostly civil so I appreciate that tbh.

Thanks again brother.

I agree with you, but we have the benefit of replaying it.
It was close though.

I don’t get This logic.. he was a paper champion who was in the process of dominating the current champion before a bad mental error… and then lost to him via the most boring strategy of all time, in a decision that is widely disagreed upon. This makes him a paper champion? You’re a fucking fool

Him and Aljo are 50/50 I think, I can see either guy winning on any given night.

And Putin is eating borscht for breakfast

Back