Out of the 7 MMA All-Time GOATs - Who's the most overrated fighter?

Who's the most overrated fighter?

• Total voters
I know I'll get attacked, but I'll choose Fedor. Not that I don't think he's great. He's incredible, but none of these fighters reached the top then start fighting guys that should have been fighting on the undercard of a local show. I think he's a top 5 of all time heavyweight and the ones at the top are pretty interchangeable because no one has done anything at hw like DJ did at 125, or Jones has done at 205

didn't even get half way through the 1st page before I ran across a terribly awful post. Not even going to bother trying to get through the rest of the thread.

easily Khabib. 3-5 decent opponents his entire career compared to the others fighting the best of the best for some cases a decade

@BFoe
I can't sleep <45>
<Oku01>
Too excited for the Fedor fight I bet ;) I don’t blame you!
I’m just rolling out of bed and having my first cup of coffee. Not being fully rested seems like it would be rough in your line of work, having to train people and such.

Anything in particular keeping you up?

JJ. If he had to follow the same rules as his opponents he wouldn't be on any "best" list

These are the 7 in random order:

Anderson Silva
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Fedor Emelianenko
Demitrious Johnson
George St. Pierre

Here's the best up to this point in each weight class in my opinion

Mighty Mouse
Dominic cruz
Khabib
GSP
Hendo
W.Silva
Fedor

Jones and A.Silva are disqualified do to PEDS.

These are the 7 in random order:

Anderson Silva
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Fedor Emelianenko
Demitrious Johnson
George St. Pierre
Khabib probably would have proven he's the GOAT were it not for injuries and fights falling out and crap like that, plus retiring early because of his family. But people act like he's the undisputed GOAT. Sorry, but he just ain't. Other guys have proved it more.

That is the problem with Khabib, based on how he was fighting when he ends you project what it would have been like and it looks good. However his clearly short on his resume to the others on the list yet some people still feel his the goat and that is why his over rated. Him being over rated doesn't stop him being great, one of the best, but just not there. His kinda like the nba player Roy, looked amazing but his career ended just when it was getting interesting. Khabib certainly had his biggest challenges ahead of him to catch up to guys like Jones.
Khabib is the best UFC lightweight in history up to this point. He beat all the top contenders on the way up and after he won the title. He retired early but gong out on top is the best way anyone can hope to go out. Not to mention his unique Sambo/wrestling grappling heavy fighting style is really the best for fighting in a cage under unified rules. No one did it better.

Khabib for sure. DC, Usman and Cejudo should be above him un the GOAT list.

Khabib is the best UFC lightweight in history up to this point. He beat all the top contenders on the way up and after he won the title. He retired early but gong out on top is the best way anyone can hope to go out. Not to mention his unique Sambo/wrestling grappling heavy fighting style is really the best for fighting in a cage under unified rules. No one did it better.

But being best LW is a long from being the goat. The LW division hasn't ever had a champion who went on a super long run with Henderson, BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar having the same number of defences as Khabib. Considering that on paper he isn't head and shoulders above these guys in terms of what he achieved as a champion considering he won the belt against raging Al who never should have been fighting for the belt (just an act of desperation to save a card) and Conor is really a FW he lacks quality of opposition IMO. At the end of the day Khabib was great and beat everything in front of him, however he didn't prove he could sustain that level of performance for a long period as champion like the other goat candidates.

Well I think Khabibs resume is a little top heavy and has a fair bit of padding, but he certainly wasnt overrated in terms of his actual fighting ability.
this. I just wish he stayed a bit more. Would love to see him x Olives.

GOATs are not overrated
They have earned their right to be there by being head and shoulders above others for lengthy amounts of time

Jose Aldo made a career out of beating B level fighters (FW Edgar, Mendes, Zombie, Faber) and has crumbled against every elite he has faced (McGregor, Holloway, Volkanovski, Yan)
so he's the most overrated

I would never ever consider him a greater fighter than Max Holloway when I've seen him getting destroyed twice by Max with my own eyes, I don't care if he beat 70 B level fighters in matches regulated for a belt (title defenses)
No. Just no lol.

People be shitting on Aldo for allegedly not having fought elite competition in a thread where Jon Jones is an option.
<36>
Yeah man, the forward plodding head hunter Rampage who Jones fought is definitely a better fighter than a guy like Edgar or Mendes.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Rampage was in the best shape of his career and was the consensus #1 LHW at the time.

I swear this forum loves to make shit up as if nobody has the ability to google and look it up.

They were all rated as extended champs in the dominant organization of their day. They were all extended champs in the dominant organization of their day. No over-rating possible.

People are still to this day acting like Jon doesn't fight dirty, never cheated by juicing, wasn't gifted any decisions...
Had to place my vote on him, although I can accept "none of them are" too.

Rampage was in the best shape of his career and was the consensus #1 LHW at the time.

I swear this forum loves to make shit up as if nobody has the ability to google and look it up.
You can go even further. Rashad Evans was 10x the fighter he was when he fought machida prior to fighting Jones. He ragdolled Phil Davis with ease and looked better than ever.
Glover Texiera won 23/24 in a row or something like that. If you watched in 2010-2012ish you know people didnt wanna fight him. He would have been UFC champ had he risen prior to Jones.
Machida looked incredible against Jones but alas, he got beaten. Prime Gustafson was a monster. TRT Vitor terrified masses and damn near won but Jones showed grit. Rampage has been on record multiple times talking about being in the best shape of his life for Jones. He couldn’t close the distance and got picked apart. Prime Cormier is one of the absolute best wins in MMA history, period. Shogun was the best LHW ever to the point where he fought Jones and yeah, he had some major surgeries, but he got ran completely over. He wasn’t going to stop Jones’ takedowns or sweep him at any point in his career and absorbed a great deal of punishment to the body in the first round.

Jon is a complete piece of shit as a human, but his record speaks for itself. Disqualify him for cheating if you’d like and that’s fair, but otherwise y’all goddamn know he’s the best fighter to date in the octagon.

Mighty Mouse.
Was average at BW and only found success in Flyweight where he was fighting non-stop cans.
Shown up in One FC.

Back