Post the greatest boss battles in video game history.

Ebrietas daughter of the cosmos - Bloodbourne.

Dancer of the boreal valley - DS3

CA427B36-A73C-4B4D-8364-777DFE701E96.gif

I was really enjoying this cool little indie title Jotun, I picked up and was like hmm.. not bad decent deal for 4 bucks

Then I got to Kaunan..

Epic tier shit from this point forward.. Was very impressed considering what I paid for it and how unpopular this game is. The production is pretty god damn epic for a budget indie title.

Ornstein and Smough is so memorable, and just getting to Anor Londo is goat tier

Getting to the citadel/keep, whatever it's called, was hard enough. That's where I had my first invasion too. I never unlocked the bonfire once inside on that first playthrough. So after getting through the archers (prop 20 tries), and fighting (running from) the Silver Knights inside and finding my way though, I had to stave off an invasion with only a few estus swigs (was where the front doors were). I had the ring that made me silent, so I played hit and run against some guy for 20 minutes. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Once I beat him and finally opened the front doors, the giant guards killed me, but it didn't matter anymore, as my path back to the 1st Anor Londo bonfire was clear.

All those trials, and eventually fighting and beating those bastards (prob 30 tries) made a man out of me.

The reward was mammary sweet though. I'll never forget how relieved I felt opening those doors and hearing the soothing music and Gwen's voice.

In no particular order -

and my absolute favourite boss fight ever -

Fuck I gotta actually go back and finish Nier Automata, I loved everything of the game when I played it, with the Opera Singer's OST still heavily in my rotation. Its not a perfect game and the open world could use AAA polish but I definitely need to go back.

As for Hollow Knight, I think ill play that next.

I never finished a single run on that. I have it on Steam. I loved it, but the game would lock the camera on me, so while I could move my character, the camera would stay in place. As I moved 2B away, I could see more of the map, but my character would get very small. I had to restart the game to fix it, but it always came back and at the worst times (boss who changes limbs or something was the last straw). Anyone else experience this? I didn't use any mods. I know there's a big Steam patch coming, so hopefully that does the trick.

This prob explains it better, with pics
https://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/1327844097125353478/

I never finished a single run on that. I have it on Steam. I loved it, but the game would lock the camera on me, so while I could move my character, the camera would stay in place. As I moved 2B away, I could see more of the map, but my character would get very small. I had to restart the game to fix it, but it always came back and at the worst times (boss who changes limbs or something was the last straw). Anyone else experience this? I didn't use any mods. I know there's a big Steam patch coming, so hopefully that does the trick.

I have Nier Automata on ps4 so i never experienced that but it sounds awful.

I like how you play as Frost against the protagonist’s brother earlier in the game as foreshadow for the gamer to know how powerful he going to be as a final boss battle. I actually shited bricks when realized I was playing as Frost. The story mode made the final boss battle against Frost so much more epic and entertaining.

Last edited:

I had it on the PS4, Im aware the PC version has issues but the new Yorha edition should have fixed thos issues.

In terms of spectacle and difficulty, the boss fight with Aries in the original God of War is underrated. I think maybe it doesn't get the same respect other boss fights in the franchise get, simply because it is such a drastic difficulty spike within the game, that had many players lowering the difficulty to baby mode just to beat it and get it over with. I doubt it leaves many people with fond memories, simply because it's a brick wall right before the end of the game, and players are a little burnt out by that point. If you persevere on an appropriate difficulty, though, it's very satisfying to put that asshole down. It's a great epic boss fight that puts a perfect cap on that game.

I had it on the PS4, Im aware the PC version has issues but the new Yorha edition should have fixed thos issues.
Yeah, looks like they dropped the update a couple of weeks ago, I'll have to check it out! I really liked it

Look up the FAR and Special K mods they help a lot with the PC version

Matt_CPU.jpg

The reward was mammary sweet though. I'll never forget how relieved I felt opening those doors and hearing the soothing music and Gwen's voice.

AND THEN STABBING HER IN THE FUCKING BOOB

Back