Post Your Gloves/Gear

These gloves are getting very hard to find. Now there are plenty of “Winning” knock offs out there. My son has a pair I gave to him and was approached about selling them while he had them on. I gave them to him because I do not enjoy using them. The practical side of me will not let me enjoy using them. Every minute, every round I use them all I can think is I’m that much closer to having to replace them. They are great sparring gloves but I do not like using them on the bag. Another problem is they are the opposite of Mexican gloves. They are large, they are pillowy, they’re plush and padded. My son doesn’t consider any of those things. He uses great gloves because I buy him great gloves. He has become somewhat snobby about gloves because of my interest in them and he has an almost unlimited selection. But I suspect he’d be using the Amber gym gloves if I wasn’t around. If you need a pair of Winning and the price is right, you probably need to pull the trigger. All the sites that currently sell Winning gloves are mostly out of stock. I got mine from a pawn shop and the owner guaranteed his gloves. Spoke to him for about 6 hours in all and he is a former professional fighter and knows boxing gloves. He showed me what to look for. Most of the knock offs are so good now you have to actually see them and put your hands in them. The lining, the tags, that distinctive thumb, the weight label in the palm, the laces. I don’t know much about the velcro kind or as the Japanese call them the “tape” kind. But I have bought lots of used and new gloves from this pawnbroker back in the day and he kind of got me started collecting premium gloves. He died years ago. Before I met him I kind of knew what gloves to stay away from, real leather is mostly much better, but other than that, not really. There is a variable in economics called the “time-place” value that makes a purchase worth much more than the market price. If your time-place value is high, and the price is good, you may want to get them. Or wait however long Winning takes to put more gloves in the market.
These are official from wjapan

I was going to buy them the original price was 560usd including shipping which realistically I couldn't afford it I wasn't having half payed for me for my birthday from my mum and grandma

But now they're asking for 700 usd. Screw that

That's a steep upcharge for a double width velcro wrist strap and custom color.
I like Winning gloves but they are definitely not worth $700.

That's a steep upcharge for a double width velcro wrist strap and custom color.
I like Winning gloves but they are definitely not worth $700.
Yeah... especially for a colour I don't even like. That's 950 dollars in my currency which is ridiculous

I just wish somewhere had the double wide velcro in stock.

Winning usa claims they can get them made in 50 - 60 days but idk how true this is considering everywhere else has 60 - 180 days. So idk if its true.

Is it worth just getting standard velcro? I heard normal velcro is terrible but I dont want laces

Yeah... especially for a colour I don't even like. That's 950 dollars in my currency which is ridiculous

I just wish somewhere had the double wide velcro in stock.

Winning usa claims they can get them made in 50 - 60 days but idk how true this is considering everywhere else has 60 - 180 days. So idk if its true.

Is it worth just getting standard velcro? I heard normal velcro is terrible but I dont want laces
I like the standard Velcro just fine.
The laceup gloves with Lace 'N Loop Velcro straps do provide a little bit more wrist support than the Winning Velcro gloves do.

But to be fair, that depends on how tight you wrap the strings around your wrist.

The best wrist support is going to be laceup gloves that are tied on by your coach.

But comparing Velcro to a laceup glove with Lace 'N Loop wrist straps, the Velcro gloves aren't that far behind.

In the gym I train at most everyone uses velcro Winning gloves for heavy bag, and mitts.

The only time laceup gloves are used is for sparring.

The convenience of Velcro is hard to beat.

My personal opinion is that I like the Velcro gloves.
However, many people here that have far more experience than I do, dislike the Winning Velcro.

Pic for reference.
I use Lace 'N Loop straps on the 14 oz. Gloves.
Screenshot_20210616-190244_Gallery.jpg

The laceup gloves with Lace 'N Loop Velcro straps do provide a little bit more wrist support than the Winning Velcro gloves do.

But to be fair, that depends on how tight you wrap the strings around your wrist.

The best wrist support is going to be laceup gloves that are tied on by your coach.

But comparing Velcro to a laceup glove with Lace 'N Loop wrist straps, the Velcro gloves aren't that far behind.

In the gym I train at most everyone uses velcro Winning gloves for heavy bag, and mitts.

However, many people here that have far more experience than I do, dislike the Winning Velcro.

Pic for reference.
View attachment 864286

Fuck it i'm orderingj some standard velcro ones, but what colour? I like white but it seems like they wouldn't look very good for very long

i like black but idk it almost seems a little plain

i like red but idk

i like blue, but i just got blue flys so idk

Fuck it i'm orderingj some standard velcro ones, but what colour? I like white but it seems like they wouldn't look very good for very long

i like red but idk

The struggle is real. :)
I bought what was available for my last two purchases. As you can see I ended up with a lot of blue.

From what I've seen, white is less common.
So certainly more unique among the stock colors.

I was looking for some black 14 oz. But the shop only had red and blue, so I took what I could get.

The struggle is real. :)
I bought what was available for my last two purchases. As you can see I ended up with a lot of blue.

From what I've seen, white is less common.
So certainly more unique among the stock colors.

I was looking for some black 14 oz. But the shop only had red and blue, so I took what I could get.
honestly this didn't help me at all, I have no idea what colour to choose

These are official from wjapan

I was going to buy them the original price was 560usd including shipping which realistically I couldn't afford it I wasn't having half payed for me for my birthday from my mum and grandma

But now they're asking for 700 usd. Screw that
Not worth it.

Pic for reference.
View attachment 864286
Can you post a pic of the gloves other way round? Velcro have less padding on the inside of the wrist?

Sure thing Bro.
You're correct. The Velcro have no padding on the wrist.
The Lace ups have a strip of foam sewn into each side of the wrist
I hope that helps.
SmartSelect_20210630-191908_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210628-093027_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210616-190203_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210616-190127_Gallery.jpg

i like red but idk

Hahhaa i know that feel . Black and red never go wrong. The white will become dirty and looks very different when it’s still new.

Hahhaa i know that feel . Black and red never go wrong. The white will become dirty and looks very different when it’s still new.
I ordered a pair in red from winning usa and i got a invoice but my credit card hasn't been charged?

I'm sweating looking at this. You notice much difference between 14 & 16? I might have the opportunity to pick up a pair in the very near future

The only real difference is in the hand compartment width. The 14 oz, being narrower than the 16 oz, so it's a little bit better fit.
There is a difference in the foam layers between the different weights of gloves. It's not anything that you can feel while punching, but according to a video on YouTube where they cut them all open, there is a difference.

I'll post them in a bit from my phone.

The strange thing is the padding feel same or maybe only me. What do you think?
Yes. They all feel the same to me.
I think they probably use different padding layers on each weight glove so they will weigh exactly what is printed on the glove.

All of my Winning gloves are at the correct weight.

For comparison, my Cleto Reyes 16 oz. Gloves actually weigh 20 oz.

Back