Pre-Fight Discussion: UFC Fight Night 233 Song vs. Gutierrez Saturday December 9 5pm ET, ESPN+

Planning to watch:

• Total voters

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Hi folks. Welcome to another round of pre-fight discussion. This Saturday we've got UFC Fight Night 233 Song vs. Gutierrez. What do you think of the matchups? Any that you think are tough to call? Any that you feel pretty certain of the victor? Kudos to all the folks who said last Saturday's card was gonna be great. You called it. On this one i'm stoked to see Rountree in the co-main and Song in the main event. i'm stoked for the Main and Co-main. Which fights rile you up the most? Alrighty then, let's have some chill discourse. Thanks and enjoy the discussion.

Here's the full card.
Daniel Marcos (15-0) vs. Carlos Vera (11-3)
Steve Garcia (14-5) vs. Melquizael Costa (20-6)
Rayanne Amanda dos Santos (14-6) vs. Talita Alencar (4-0-1)
Tatsuro Taira (14-0) vs. Carlos Hernandez (9-2)
Luana Santos (6-1) vs. Stephanie Egger (8-4)
Hyun Sung Park (8-0) vs. Shannon Ross (12-8)
Kenan Song (20-7) vs. Kevin Jousset (9-2)
Jun Yong Park (17-5) vs. Andre Muniz (23-6)
Nasrat Haqparast (15-5) vs. Jamie Mullarkey (17-6)
Su Mudaerji (16-5) vs. Allan Nascimento (20-6)
Co-main: Anthony Smith (37-18) vs. Khalil Rountree (12-5, 1 NC)
Main event: Yadong Song (20-7-1, 1 NC) vs. Chris Gutierrez (20-5-2)

Shillan and Duffy: UFC Fight Night 233 Preview

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email
BEN DUFFY KEITH SHILLAN DEC 4, 2023 COMMENTS
Keith and Ben preview UFC Fight Night 233 "Song vs. Gutierrez," also known as UFC Vegas 83, with detailed predictions and picks for all 12 fights. Side topics of conversation include vinyl records, Band of Brothers, and ESPN media personality Dan Hellie.

What a fun card for the lower weight classes and a couple of the bigger boys thrown in for good measure:

- Can Daniel Marcos finally build on his win over Davey Grant after having his last fight cancelled on weigh in day?
- What does Tatsuro Taira (the great Japanese Hope!) look like in his toughest test to date after steamrolling his previous competition (late guillotine scare aside)?
- Will Hyun Sung Park capitalize on the opportunity to showcase his talents in the Featured Prelim?
- Who will win the Judo showcase between Stephanie Egger and bright young prospect Luana Santos?
- Can Steve Garcia continue his fast finishing ways against Melk Costa who displayed a high level kicking game in his last fight?
- Can the Iron Turtle do what only Top 15 MWs Brendan Allen and Paul Craig have done and best Andre Muniz or will Muniz return to form and stake his own claim to having a number beside his name? Either way we are going to see something violent.
- Speaking of violence, in the co-main, does Khalil Rountree continue his violent ways and pass his toughest test to date in Anthony Smith?
- In the main event, does Song Yadong use his pressure and devastating left hand to turn away Chris Gutierrez or does the Factory X standout show he's made the improvements needed to beat a pressure fighter/power puncher after succumbing to his first foray in to the Top 10 against Pedro Munhoz?

This is why I love this sport, a card that takes place in a glorified gym has so many intriguing and exciting storylines. What a time we live in!

Last edited:
Daniel Marcos (15-0) vs. Carlos Vera (11-3) only got booked last weekend and its already off due to visa issues on Marcos end, safe to say Marcos needs a new fucking manager as booking him without seeing if he has his visa sorted out is amateur hour.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that info kryptt. Hadn't seen sanko in a while. I like Felder and Sanko.

We also have

Veteran broadcaster Karyn Bryant serves as desk anchor and host at UFC Fight Night 233. Retired welterweight Alan Jouban joins her as an analyst during the card and on the post-fight show.

Heidi Androl is on assignment to conduct pre and post-fight interviews backstage.

Noted octagon announcer Joe Martinez will introduce the fighters before battle at UFC Fight Night 233.

John Gooden will serve as the leading man on the mic from cageside at UFC Fight Night 233. And as shown Sanko and Felder.

<mma4>

Speaking of PbP. Another round of applause to @Jackonfire for hosting the Play by Play Discussion week in week out. You are so appreciated Jack. I love the Jukebox threads too: What Are You Listening To and Bakers Dozen Music Thread. You're a great thread host, great mod and fine human being.

We also have

Veteran broadcaster Karyn Bryant serves as desk anchor and host at UFC Fight Night 233. Retired welterweight Alan Jouban joins her as an analyst during the card and on the post-fight show.

Heidi Androl is on assignment to conduct pre and post-fight interviews backstage.

Noted octagon announcer Joe Martinez will introduce the fighters before battle at UFC Fight Night 233.

John Gooden will serve as the leading man on the mic from cageside at UFC Fight Night 233. And as shown Sanko and Felder.

<mma4>
Thanks. Great lineup. I've been kinda distracted with other stuff the past few events. This week I'm clearing my deck so I can relax and just watch. You got any board games going on Saturday? Or will you be able to watch?

Thanks. Great lineup. I've been kinda distracted with other stuff the past few events. This week I'm clearing my deck so I can relax and just watch. You got any board games going on Saturday? Or will you be able to watch?

Nope! Tis a free Sat for me (we game ever other week usually). So ALL IN!

giphy.gif

Speaking of PbP. Another round of applause to @Jackonfire for hosting the Play by Play Discussion week in week out. You are so appreciated Jack. I love the Jukebox threads too: What Are You Listening To and Bakers Dozen Music Thread. You're a great thread host, great mod and fine human being.
I appreciate the kind words purp. You are one of my favorite persons I've met on here over the years. And I really enjoy these pre-fight discussion threads. They've become a regular part of fight week along with the pbp threads and the What Are You Eating/Drinking threads that @Dead Kennedy puts up. Hope you're having a wonderful week.

Back