PBP UFC Fight Night 233 Song vs. Gutierrez Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 12/9 at 7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yan vs Yadong in China for the Chinese championship belt

50-44 is such a ridiculous score for such a bland performance.

It makes sense though. Song won three close rounds where not much happened, the fourth was decisively Song's, and the fifth was totally dominant.

lol Yadong said "your last fight too bro"...he did get Yan with that one

That was funny af.

That fight would be a banger. Would hate to see Petr lose another in a row but think regardless of looking at records it’s both a great fight and winnable for both

Song looked brilliant in flashes but the issue was it was in flashes. What happens when he fights a striker who can angle and strike back with power like Yan and Suga?
Song is some footwork training away from being a legit title threat but if he stays at TAM where big muscles and athletic flurries is the only way to strike I don't think he beats anybody above him in the rankings despite having the talent and skills footwork is just such a massive skill to lack. Guys like Mendes and Faber had poor footwork but they were fast as hell and Song is too slow to speed blitz these BW's.
What happens is his fight against Sandhagen

Anyone notice the trend of Chinese fighters tonight not being able to deal with guys that fight from the outside? Also saw this with Song Kenan.
It’s always been like this, the wang and bang style is beloved in East Asia. Using speed and power to counter length. And struggling to execute from outside as a result.

That was funny af.

That fight would be a banger. Would hate to see Petr lose another in a row but think regardless of looking at records it’s both a great fight and winnable for both
Yeah I think both guys last fight was more on their opps for the boringness. They both come to bang and it would be violent

Some kind of argument after the fight, I think Gutierrez was still complaining and said something about them talking shit. Faber said "watch the replay, shut your bitch ass up". Not sure what that was all about but was fully expecting Gutierrez to keep complaining after the fight

It’s always been like this, the wang and bang style is beloved in East Asia. Using speed and power to counter length. And struggling to execute from outside as a result.
Makes sense. Good break down.

Some kind of argument after the fight, I think Gutierrez was still complaining and said something about them talking shit. Faber said "watch the replay, shut your bitch ass up". Not sure what that was all about but was fully expecting Gutierrez to keep complaining after the fight

Think it was about the back of the head shots, which weren't really back of the head shots, and he turned away from the strikes as well.

Back