Premier League Fred 2020/21 V20: The End is near . . . .

Is Carl Drogo a . . . .

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, you can probably get Mbappe and Haaland cheaper and they are both 5 years younger.

Once again, Kane handcuffed himself by signing a 6 year deal at a club like Spurs at 24. He gambled on them breaking through and lost.

City spending, say 120m, on a soon to be 28 year old, who is becoming increasingly injury prone is not what they do.

If Levy sells Kane for anything less than 120M I will be shocked. You probably got three very good years of Harry Kane, which for City would secure probably two more premier leagues and I'd think at least two very good chances at a Champions League.

Spurs fucked up when they acknowleged the store (imo) saying that Kane won't leave. However, the Spurs inside guy, Alasdair Gold (this is an extremely English name, imo), says he hasn't heard that Kane wants to leave. To replace Kane, and the other needs in the squad, Spurs would have to sign I'd guess 4-6 players at least.

That said, I don't think Kane will be leaving this summer unless he really goes awol. This reddit post is crazy, basically if you leave Spurs you're almost guaranteed to win a trophy. I am going to put it in spoilers, bc it is huge..

As a side note, Deschamps must be smoking the good stuff if he is including Martial in his squad for Euros. All reports seem to indicate he is calling up Benzema as well, which would be a scary front line.

If Levy sells Kane for anything less than 120M I will be shocked. You probably got three very good years of Harry Kane, which for City would secure probably two more premier leagues and I'd think at least two very good chances at a Champions League.

Spurs fucked up when they acknowleged the store (imo) saying that Kane won't leave. However, the Spurs inside guy, Alasdair Gold (this is an extremely English name, imo), says he hasn't heard that Kane wants to leave. To replace Kane, and the other needs in the squad, Spurs would have to sign I'd guess 4-6 players at least.

That said, I don't think Kane will be leaving this summer unless he really goes awol. This reddit post is crazy, basically if you leave Spurs you're almost guaranteed to win a trophy. I am going to put it in spoilers, bc it is huge..

That's the point, yeah. Kane should have left after the last WC, but instead signed a 6 year contract.....really idiotic, imo.

Would not be surprised to see him at Spurs next season.

Apparently Spurs want 150m for him, and you'd have to be an idiot to pay that much for him.
IN THIS ECONOMY? :eek:

IN THIS ECONOMY? :eek:

Exactly yeah. Only teams who could really justify are the "don't give a fuck teams", which leaves Chelsea, City and PSG.

If United signed him for say 80m + Martial, and that was our major incoming in the summer I'd not be particularly happy or optimistic. Guy is very good, don't get me wrong, but he's getting way overrated by some pundits. Most say if United sign him they instantly become title challengers. Bollocks, imo.

......and next summer Haaland is 70m and Mbappe is out of contract. Gonna be a scramble there.

Exactly yeah. Only teams who could really justify are the "don't give a fuck teams", which leaves Chelsea, City and PSG.

If United signed him for say 80m + Martial, and that was our major incoming in the summer I'd not be particularly happy or optimistic. Guy is very good, don't get me wrong, but he's getting way overrated by some pundits. Most say if United sign him they instantly become title challengers. Bollocks, imo.

......and next summer Haaland is 70m and Mbappe is out of contract. Gonna be a scramble there.

United should not b e signing Harry Kane. RW/CB/CM, backup RB. Hopefully, United is able to bring in Sancho and that would address RW. I think after that a CM would be most important to address, and a CB. Some reports from Spain that United/Napoli are interested in this Getafe MF, Mauro Arambarri, who is Uruguayan and avialable for 25m euro release clause. I remember reading links for Pau Torres who you'll see United compete against int he EL finals (on my birthday, no less).

It'll be an interesting summer for sure, and I'll be intrigued to see how Glazers respond to it.

United should not b e signing Harry Kane. RW/CB/CM, backup RB. Hopefully, United is able to bring in Sancho and that would address RW. I think after that a CM would be most important to address, and a CB. Some reports from Spain that United/Napoli are interested in this Getafe MF, Mauro Arambarri, who is Uruguayan and avialable for 25m euro release clause. I remember reading links for Pau Torres who you'll see United compete against int he EL finals (on my birthday, no less).

It'll be an interesting summer for sure, and I'll be intrigued to see how Glazers respond to it.

I'm curious to see what we'll do in the summer......smart money is on very little.

Honestly, if we spunked 300m on Kane, Sancho, Rice and Varane, still don't think we'd win the league. City seem to plan out their spending so much better where we don't seem to have a clue.

If United signed Dias last summer and City van der Beek, Dias would have been Lindelof's back up and Donny would be contending for player of the year.

Yeah regarding Kane, I wouldn't be surprised to see him going in a cash-plus-players move, fuck knows where but I could definitely see someone like Real Madrid offering Spurs £60 plus 2 fringe/squad players they might want. City could possibly buy him outright I think, and that's obviously an option. I don't think United is.

@Rawex what a game. P3 started right when i got home. Beautiful hockey

Yeah regarding Kane, I wouldn't be surprised to see him going in a cash-plus-players move, fuck knows where but I could definitely see someone like Real Madrid offering Spurs £60 plus 2 fringe/squad players they might want. City could possibly buy him outright I think, and that's obviously an option. I don't think United is.

Madrid are broke and the only players Madrid would offer them are players whose best days are behind them so I can't see that happening and I'd imagine they'd prefer Mbappe

If he wants trophy guarantees it's going to be City who I think would splash the cash in this case.

Trippier has been rumoured as the RB option

Phil Jones has a contract until 2023

Phil Jones has a contract until 2023

Think it was 2019 and loads of contracts were running out so Jones, Mata, Matic were all given new contracts to stop them leaving for free......only guy we let go was Herrerra, who was the only guy we should have kept.

Signing that 2024 deal with "his" club was very honorable, but ultimately pretty stupid by Kane. Although the Spurs kept many of their big name players, the downside was always that they didn't spend all that much on new signings, and given the nature of the sport, it was also clear that not every of the few signings would work out. So it wasn't a very hard prediction that they would eventually fall off a little and it's not like they were legit contenders every year anyway.

Now is literally the worst time to have this idea. Most clubs are actually ravaged by two years of Corona, @LEWIS540 rightfully pointed out the Mbappe and Haaland situations, both younger and IMO better players. He also has been injured quite a bit.

This year I'd say a transfer is impossible, next year maybe. A lot of teams will miss out on Mbappe and Haaland, maybe Real actually manages to get both. So yeah a 2022 transfer is possible, but still not for 120 or 150m imo.

e4977e9f-b7a9-4b5f-95f8-556b16165100.png

594e7229-b478-4f04-a3de-3cd83cbabce4.png

852a300e-60fc-4763-89aa-862e6cdd7d77.png

9436d0fa-041c-4782-8fc8-a9ad44958d76.png

Signing that 2024 deal with "his" club was very honorable, but ultimately pretty stupid by Kane. Although the Spurs kept many of their big name players, the downside was always that they didn't spend all that much on new signings, and given the nature of the sport, it was also clear that not every of the few signings would work out. So it wasn't a very hard prediction that they would eventually fall off a little and it's not like they were legit contenders every year anyway.

Now is literally the worst time to have this idea. Most clubs are actually ravaged by two years of Corona, @LEWIS540 rightfully pointed out the Mbappe and Haaland situations, both younger and IMO better players. He also has been injured quite a bit.

This year I'd say a transfer is impossible, next year maybe. A lot of teams will miss out on Mbappe and Haaland, maybe Real actually manages to get both. So yeah a 2022 transfer is possible, but still not for 120 or 150m imo.

Honestly think even this summer is too late for him, let alone next summer.........not that he won't get offers I'm sure. So many big money transfers have underwhelmed in recent years, especially with guys in their late 20s, coupled with the pandemic/hit to finances, I just don't think it makes sense for anyone for the kind of money involved.

As good as Kane is, he's not Messi.......tbh, not even sure he is Suarez or Lewa.

Not arsed with the rest of the season, roll on the Euro's and Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back