props to the women, gays, and trans of sherdog

Your opinion is intolerant and outdated, why would you expect tolerance in return?
My opinion is different than the majority. Saying that it's intolerant is simply a way for you to try to frame it as being hateful or wrong when it's not. Whether or not an opinion is current, modern, or embraced by the majority has no bearing on its merit. I expressed my opinion in a civil, non-hateful way and while I would appreciate the same response from the other side, it's not always the case. Same as how you will have those who disagree with the gay lifestyle but not express their opinion in a civil, compassionate way (ie. Westboro Baptist).

My opinion is different than the majority. Saying that it's intolerant is simply a way for you to try to frame it as being hateful or wrong when it's not. Whether or not an opinion is current, modern, or embraced by the majority has no bearing on its merit. I expressed my opinion in a civil, non-hateful way and while I would appreciate the same response from the other side, it's not always the case. Same as how you will have those who disagree with the gay lifestyle but not express their opinion in a civil, compassionate way (ie. Westboro Baptist).
You consider homosexuality to be a mental illness. It is not. You can be as polite as you want, it's still intolerant and ignorant.

If you very politely say that a certain race is inferior, you are still a racist.

It's a mental illness but I've also done a lot of disgusting things so I don't throw stones. I've met some homos whose friendship and personality I appreciate and enjoy. I do mildly resent constantly having it pushed as normal and acceptable when it's not. I certainly don't hate anyone for being gay, though I can't say the reaction from the other side has always been as tolerant when I speak honestly about the subject.
No it isn't. The APA removed it (homosexuality) from the list of mental illnesses in 1973. If you want to dive deep into this, I'd be happy to.

You consider homosexuality to be a mental illness. It is not. You can be as polite as you want, it's still intolerant and ignorant.

If you very politely say that a certain race is inferior, you are still a racist.
Race and sexual orientation are not comparable because you can choose your sexual orientation. We won't agree on that point and that's ok.

No it isn't. The APA removed it (homosexuality) from the list of mental illnesses in 1973. If you want to dive deep into this, I'd be happy to.
The APA changing their stance on the issue is irrelevant.

Race and sexual orientation are not comparable because you can choose your sexual orientation. We won't agree on that point and that's ok.
We definitely will not agree on that point. I don't believe people can choose their sexual orientation. I certainly didn't choose to be heterosexual, that's just the way I am, I have always liked girls.

Some guys have always liked other guys. You are telling me that you think children make the choice to be gay? That makes no sense to me.

The APA changing their stance on the issue is irrelevant.
Like I said, if you want me to dive into why homosexuality is not a mental illness, I'd be happy to.

Why on Earth would someone choose to be gay? What (until maybe recently in certain large cities) are the benefits of "choosing" to be a homo?

If you were to say it isn't totally biological, I'd agree with that. Environmental factors play a role in shaping it too. That being said, the evidence doesn't support that orientation is a choice.

I'd be happy to have a conversation and dive into this, but it'll take me awhile to put some stuff together. If you're interested, I'll proceed. If not, then no worries.

Edit: Also, if it is a mental illness like you said, wouldn't that be an argument against it being a choice? So which is it in your opinion?

Props to all the sherdoggers that get anals from all the womenz, gayz, and heshez

Why on Earth would someone choose to be gay?

LOL, most homophobic thing I have ever heard (not joking here)

PS And I know you probably think you are not homophobic and think you would never say the F word or discriminate against them, but fuck an A you just painted EXACTLY what you think about gays and it is fucking brutal. Such fucking disgust and hatred.
I mean I came here and squirted a joke and on general believe people can do what they want as long as they don't try to force my speech. But you are pathological.

Its definately a degenerate mental disorder. I wouldn't even call it a Fucking illness.

Apparently now video games are a mental disorder but cutting your dick off and pretending your a woman isn't?
n6mZstZ.gif

I was raised to hate gay people, and the only thing that changed my perspective was the few gay people that I met that were just really cool people and I liked being friends with them.

If they had taken my rudeness and dished it back out to me like I deserved, it would've just strengthened my hatred toward them.

It was the perfect example of catching more flies with honey than vinegar

I'm very much in the same boat. I got some shit for some gay jokes in high school. I pushed back by doubling down. Back then, you suspected... and were probably right... but kids weren't out back then. Worse, I justified this via religion. I probably turned some of my classmates, gay and straight, away with that shit.

I started studying the US Constitution and the founding fathers and started actually going to church instead of approximating the parts I thought were important. Both institutions that I had always held so dear told me the same thing: I was dead wrong.

I still consider myself center-right but the denial of equal rights is some shit I just can't abide no more.

Props to all the sherdoggers that get anals from all the womenz, gayz, and heshez

LOL, most homophobic thing I have ever heard (not joking here)

PS And I know you probably think you are not homophobic and think you would never say the F word or discriminate against them, but fuck an A you just painted EXACTLY what you think about gays and it is fucking brutal. Such fucking disgust and hatred.
I mean I came here and squirted a joke and on general believe people can do what they want as long as they don't try to force my speech. But you are pathological.
What? I've lived in countries where LGBT people are beaten and denied services. Why would anyone choose that? My point is that it isn't a choice. Also, you know nothing about me lol. But carry on.

What? I've lived in countries where LGBT people are beaten and denied services. Why would anyone choose that? My point is that it isn't a choice. Also, you know nothing about me lol. But carry on.

And christians are the most persecuted group in the world right now and many times over yet I still choose to be one.

What you say does not prove it is a choice or not.

But carry on being a homophobe.

And christians are the most persecuted group in the world right now and many times over yet I still choose to be one.

What you say does not prove it is a choice or not.

But carry on being a homophobe.
If you're a Christian, your faith confers (at least in the branches of Protestantism I'm familiar with) salvation according to the belief system. If you truly believe in that stuff, choosing to be Christian still makes sense in the face of persecution. The being said, a belief system is in a different ballpark than sexual orientation.

Do you want me to go into why sexual orientation is not a choice?

Nothing I've posted is homophobic, but it does seem to have rustled your jimmies
good-godba-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you-8308619.png

Sexual orientation means nothing to me and never really has. Why on earth would you care about another person's orientation? Live and let live.

We definitely will not agree on that point. I don't believe people can choose their sexual orientation. I certainly didn't choose to be heterosexual, that's just the way I am, I have always liked girls.

Some guys have always liked other guys. You are telling me that you think children make the choice to be gay? That makes no sense to me.
Children and adults can choose a lot of things that aren't good for them, sure. I think that falls on the parents.

Like I said, if you want me to dive into why homosexuality is not a mental illness, I'd be happy to.

Why on Earth would someone choose to be gay? What (until maybe recently in certain large cities) are the benefits of "choosing" to be a homo?

If you were to say it isn't totally biological, I'd agree with that. Environmental factors play a role in shaping it too. That being said, the evidence doesn't support that orientation is a choice.

I'd be happy to have a conversation and dive into this, but it'll take me awhile to put some stuff together. If you're interested, I'll proceed. If not, then no worries.

Edit: Also, if it is a mental illness like you said, wouldn't that be an argument against it being a choice? So which is it in your opinion?
That's a good point. Mental illness does infer that there's no personal responsibility for making that choice so maybe that's the wrong way to classsify it. It reminds me of the saying about alcoholism being one of the only diseases that you can get yelled at for having.

I think that the answer to why one would choose to act on homosexual desires is obvious. It's sexually gratifying for them.

Feel free to share any info or links that you want. I don't know how much time I want to devote to this but I respect your approach and appreciate the dialogue so far.

Its definately a degenerate mental disorder. I wouldn't even call it a Fucking illness.

Apparently now video games are a mental disorder but cutting your dick off and pretending your a woman isn't?
View attachment 593995

<PlusJuan>

This...being confused about if you like boys or girls and being confused about whether you are a boy or a girl is most certainly a mental disorder...

I say this not intended as a slight at all but anyone who says you can choose your sexual orientation is gay or bisexual.

And there is nothing wrong with that. But if you know that YOU can choose tomorrow to like dick instead of vag that is because you are gay or bisexual.

I cannot choose to like dick. I have gay friends but my interest level is less than zero. I cannot simply choose to change that.

So do not assume that because you can that means everyone can.

Are you saying that all gay and transgender people are mentally ill?

Because that's pretty fucking ignorant dude.
It's really not ignorant actually. At least not unless I am claiming merely being gay or transgender renders you so mentally incapacitated that you can't function in society. That obviously would be nonsensical. But I do believe that a person who is convinced they are something that they are clearly not is suffering from a form of mental illness. So yes, trans people are mentally ill as far as their gender identity is concerned.

Back