Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

• Total voters
Good point on the lack of hidden blade and lack of shields. Was bummed I was a damn Spartan and couldn't even use a shield.

Also, I hate how Odyssey and Valhalla have dumbed down climbing to the point you can practically climb anything now. I remember when climbing to get your viewpoints used to take some effort and felt earned. Just feels lazy now.
Yeah I know what you mean about the climbing. One thing I do like about Valhalla though is they have kept the animus stuff to a minimum. Those missions always break the immersion.

Yeah I know what you mean about the climbing. One thing I do like about Valhalla though is they have kept the animus stuff to a minimum. Those missions always break the immersion.

Once they killed off Desmond they should have dropped those all together. It's just feels half baked and no one cares anymore. A shame because when I played the 1st few games I figured we'd get a modern AC with Desmond eventually.

Once they killed off Desmond they should have dropped those all together. It's just feels half baked and no one cares anymore. A shame because when I played the 1st few games I figured we'd get a modern AC with Desmond eventually.

It's amazing how much potential they've squandered after the insane endings of AC1 and the glyph stuff from AC2. They've done nothing with those ever since. I wanted to see Adam and Eve, what kind of world they were in. That shit was cool!! And it just kind of gets lazily explained in later games. Crap!

Frankly I always thought the animus stuff was stupid af and entirely unnecessary. Like why not just have the games take place when they’re supposed to instead of being a simulation in the not too future of the distant past of an ancestor’s memories.

I'm playing Valhalla after not playing any AC games since AC2. I'm glad they seem to have minimized the modern day crap; did anyone enjoy having the game stop for that?

I haven't played Valhalla and I must say the poll results aren't doing anything to convince me to give it a shot.

As someone who loves that setting, I'm a little sad that the game doesn't seem to have delivered.

I haven't played Valhalla and I must say the poll results aren't doing anything to convince me to give it a shot.

As someone who loves that setting, I'm a little sad that the game doesn't seem to have delivered.

Just play God of War instead.

Just play God of War instead.
I have played it. I didn't finish it, but it's a really good game. I just get unreasonably annoyed when I feel that creators have taken too much liberty with source material so I never picked it back up after I took a few week hiatus.

I like it a lot. I wasn't excited at all about England as a setting but it's pretty sweet. I rarely fast travel as riding through the rolling hills is fun. I would wait till it's maybe $20 though. It's a loooooooong game.

I like it a lot. I wasn't excited at all about England as a setting but it's pretty sweet. I rarely fast travel as riding through the rolling hills is fun. I would wait till it's maybe $20 though. It's a loooooooong game.
I got super bored with the repetitive nature after 20ish hours of Odyssey. Is there any reason this one would be different?

I got super bored with the repetitive nature after 20ish hours of Odyssey. Is there any reason this one would be different?
Hard to say tbh. Odyssey became boring to me too. I just couldn't get into the story or the main character. I absolutely hated the mercenaries too. I honestly can't put my finger on why I like Valhalla so much more but i do. Maybe it's my expectations? They were high for Odyssey coming off of Origins but low for Valhalla. I dont know.

Hard to say tbh. Odyssey became boring to me too. I just couldn't get into the story or the main character. I absolutely hated the mercenaries too. I honestly can't put my finger on why I like Valhalla so much more but i do. Maybe it's my expectations? They were high for Odyssey coming off of Origins but low for Valhalla. I dont know.
Is the mercenary system gone in Valhalla? Hunting then down and making them join me was one of the only things I really liked about Odyssey

Is the mercenary system gone in Valhalla? Hunting then down and making them join me was one of the only things I really liked about Odyssey
There is a mercenary system, but they don't join you once you defeat them. All you do is kill them and collect information that leads to the final reveal.

They have Zealots which are avoidable. To each his own I guess.

You have Zealots which are more like the Phylakes in Origins in that they have limited numbers but they hunt the player despite there being no wanted levels or system. You can however change this by your actions in a certain quest so that they don't actively hunt you but they are still present in the world.

I've only fought a few of them but they don't seem to have much variation in terms of appearance or fighting style unlike Odyssey.

I haven't played Valhalla yet. I enjoyed Origins a lot though because I wanted Egypt and the pyramids forever in AC. The story was good and the protagonist was likable. It also wasn't overly long.

Odyssey had a huge world but the story was super generic and boring. There was way too much stuff to do and by the time you go to the actual story, you were already tired of the game. I have a feeling Valhalla is going to be another Odyssey so I'm not looking forward to it. Solid gameplay but boring story and just endless side quests.

Origins was awesome. Loved the setting and combat. Odyssey just upped it for me with the dialogue choices and scenery. Played as Kassandra who I found to be a compelling character. Maybe the guy was too bland, I don't know.

Disappointed to hear Valhalla isn't as good, but guess there have to be ups and downs. Still waiting for that price to just just a liiittle bit more....

Remember when that twist was a twist that nobody liked, wanted, or asked for?

It's funny how they shaped the whole franchise around it, when even at it's infancy people thought it was dumb as shit.

Remember when that twist was a twist that nobody liked, wanted, or asked for?

It's funny how they shaped the whole franchise around it, when even at it's infancy people thought it was dumb as shit.

It was a Last Jedi/GOT S8 level twist for sure. Unfortunate because it was an appealing storyline.

Went to Rhodes, Athens, and Mykonos. Rhodes was my favorite by far. So much history, cheap, Lindos was gorgeous, and Rhodes Town was amazing. Great food, awesome people. Loved Athens too. Went to a bunch of rooftop restaurants and bars there, can't beat the view. The Acropolis was amazing too. Mykonos was beautiful but only about partying (which I did plenty) but not much to see otherwise. Seriously want to visit a Greek Island every time I visit Europe now. Crete is at the top of my list.

Cretan here. You will absolutely love it. You have culture, food (some of the best in Greece), beaches (some of the best in the world), partying, history.

You will want to live there. I personally want to retire in Crete.

Back