Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

• Total voters
The first one was good. It was just good. Each one after has gotten steadily worse.

I'm several hours into Valhalla and I'm pretty disappointed so far. I was expecting some ass ripping viking shit and to me it's just coming off as corny.

Plus the lighting sucks ass no matter how much I fuck with it. The TV in my man cave is only a couple of years old, and while it's not a top of the line set (60'' LG 4K LED) I've never had a problem gaming on it. I even turned the HDR 10 off and it still sucks to see when it's night time in the game.

The whole story feels like some Disney version of the vikings with some blood and guts sprinkled in. The stealth combat is really fun and there seems to be a lot of variety in the open world, but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.

Next AC instalment to be announced in September. What's the biggest guess ATM – Japan? I remember posters in The Division 2 on city walls that were Easter eggs for then unreleased Valhalla being set in Norse times, but not dialled in myself to any latter-day hints for what's coming next...

Back