Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

• Total voters
Cretan here. You will absolutely love it. You have culture, food (some of the best in Greece), beaches (some of the best in the world), partying, history.

You will want to live there. I personally want to retire in Crete.

I read that Crete has the best beaches in Europe. What would you suggest? Chania or Heraklion or something else?

I read that Crete has the best beaches in Europe. What would you suggest? Chania or Heraklion or something else?
My family is from Heraklion but if I had to choose one over the other it would definitely be Chania. Heraklion has the more city like, urban feel while Chania looks like a friggin post card in every direction. Absolutely breathtaking scenery.

As for beaches an absolute must is 1) Balos Beach which requires a bit of a hike in order to get there (but totally worth it). It's often makes it on many international top 10 lists as far as beaches are concerned. Also 2) Elafonisi. It's a sandy archipelago that look legitimately looks like peach beach from Mario Kart. That alone should be a selling point.

If all you did was go to Crete and no where else in Greece you would have made a good decision. There are so many places in Greece that are amazing too don't get me wrong but Crete is a one stop shop. It has everything.

Edit:
Also consider these islands.

Paros: This island is the Mykonos for Greeks and people who don't want to pay obscene amounts for everything. Most travel savvy tourists opt to come here instead.
289-f673ee37e010.jpg

B296667B-F969-4ACA-BD60-622C883FCB49.jpg

Syros: This is an interesting one because it is totally on the off beaten path and not really as tourist freindly as other islands BUT in terms of architecture it's second to none. It has such an austere beauty to it and seriously resembles kings landing from GOT. It's also the administrative capital of the Cyclades.
505eabdb67467788c4ca777aa16e531f.jpg

28445732-8324673-image-a-1_1589569672494.jpg

Syros_Restaurant_street_KAMPITI_02.jpg

Naxos: This place is often compared to Paros. I have never been but my girlfriend has and she cannot decide between the two.
naxos-shutterstock.jpg

5UvJ_Q5PDwyfo7940GLOy3pBnrqYZ2UvN1DMY2Beg6cSe_VBbm4e1JuPMpZoMrEpZalJq3t4n22hfn3N2wKytOgCI8rPzdegWxYLyunqTw5E1ua2I6zVBXr1Mf_lvymiVXEYkV5ic8uZ_hjDqBt6ZFpWof8INJD_OMYDp5iX6Dmtny78-Srh_te5EI0ku-Fh1n93IT7Rv5NDoA

Beyond this there are other islands that are stunning and worthy of consideration. Sifnos, Folegandros, Milos and more. Definetly stick to the cyclades. All the islands here are within spitting distance from one another. If I were to do an Island style trip with many stop offs I would personally get a hotel/hostel at syros or paros as my base and just take day trips to santorini, mykonos and all the other ones mentioned.

I promise I will stop rambling but definitely check out corfu. It's the most unique out of all the islands imo because it's the greenest and most livable of all of them besides Crete but its on the other side of Greece. This would be a good island to consider if you wanted to segway into Italy.
Porto-Timoni-corfu-beaches.jpg

where-city-centre.jpg

corfu-old-town.jpg

Last edited:
My family is from Heraklion but if I had to choose one over the other it would definitely be Chania. Heraklion has the more city like, urban feel while Chania looks like a friggin post card in every direction. Absolutely breathtaking scenery.

As for beaches an absolute must is 1) Balos Beach which requires a bit of a hike in order to get there (but totally worth it). It's often makes it on many international top 10 lists as far as beaches are concerned. Also 2) Elafonisi. It's a sandy archipelago that look legitimately looks like peach beach from Mario Kart. That alone should be a selling point.

If all you did was go to Crete and no where else in Greece you would have made a good decision. There are so many places in Greece that are amazing too don't get me wrong but Crete is a one stop shop. It has everything.

I'm addicted to tripadvisor. They always have Crete top 4 in all of Europe, as does most of the other travel sites. Birthplace of Zeus himself and I appreciate the advice thank you, I will definitely make my way there.

I'm addicted to tripadvisor. They always have Crete top 4 in all of Europe, as does most of the other travel sites. Birthplace of Zeus himself and I appreciate the advice thank you, I will definitely make my way there.
Just edited my post for pictures and more info that I think you will benefit from! Make sure to keep an eye out for those islands mentioned.

Odyssey is still the best out of the 3, but hitting enemies with Mjolnir was fun as hell.

I tried Odyssey and was so overwhelmed with everything to do I bounced off it. I think I would have loved it before I had kids and such when I had hours to play. But I usually only play for a half hour here and there, so it was just way too much for me. Every few minutes it felt like they were introducing some other big part of the game (mercs, naval combat, the evil faction, etc - I just want a main quest and a couple side missions)

Valhalla I am enjoying more because it's a little more streamlined, less spread out, and more story based- and it helps that I just finished and loved the last kingdom on Netflix. There is still a ton to do but I don't feel overwhelmed with it, and I can hop in and do a river raid or find some treasure if I don't have a lot of time.

I played AC 2, Brotherhood, and 3 and liked them a lot but hadn't played one since 3.

I’m really surprised how low Valhalla is here. I thought it was far and away the best of the new trilogy.

The mercenary system on Odyssey was glorious and reminded me of the nemesis system in Shadow of mordor/war. Different workings but that whole thing of moving up in rank and enemy captains appearing out of nowhere.

I spent so many hours walking to a mission, killing some guards and then ending up on a murder spree fighting guards, angry weaponized civilians and like 4 mercenaries with animals.

How do the new ones compare to the old ones? Haven’t finished one since 2. Black Flag was the last one I played. It was a good game but I lost interest in it after a while

I couldn't even tell you what of any of the animus stuff is about. I've played every AC except Rogue and Valhalla and i've always hated the animus stuff.

Bump for the Brotherhood on next-gen versions arriving for what I consider the best AC since the series reboot: #Bayekbless

Tomorrow, fam.^

I still have to finish ACIII then do Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate before moving into Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla.

I played 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revolution between 2010-2012 but stalled out around 2/3 of the way through III. Was just so boring.

I still have to finish ACIII then do Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate before moving into Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla.

I played 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revolution between 2010-2012 but stalled out around 2/3 of the way through III. Was just so boring.
Knowing you, you'll get to Origins when you're 70, lol. Just jump on ACO when you can; now is a better time than ever for that 60 FPS and it's a series slate cleaner to say that also brings AC lore full circle. Such a great game. Odyssey and Valhalla aren't good-faith AC – just action-adventure games. Freely do those in 2050 from ya wheelchair, Gehrman.

Play Black Flag then skip to Origins

I tried Odyssey and was so overwhelmed with everything to do I bounced off it. I think I would have loved it before I had kids and such when I had hours to play. But I usually only play for a half hour here and there, so it was just way too much for me. Every few minutes it felt like they were introducing some other big part of the game (mercs, naval combat, the evil faction, etc - I just want a main quest and a couple side missions)

Valhalla I am enjoying more because it's a little more streamlined, less spread out, and more story based- and it helps that I just finished and loved the last kingdom on Netflix. There is still a ton to do but I don't feel overwhelmed with it, and I can hop in and do a river raid or find some treasure if I don't have a lot of time.

I played AC 2, Brotherhood, and 3 and liked them a lot but hadn't played one since 3.

This just made me pull the trigger on Valhalla. It was on sale for $22 on the Xbox store, so I said fuck it and am downloading it right now. I don't like my games to be too deep either. I was overwhelmed with The Witcher and don't really care for that kind of lore, so I couldn't get into it.

My Grandma was off the boat from Norway and I have always been fascinated by Vikings and the brutality that went along with them. Valhalla being optimized for the Series X helps too. The only other AC game I've ever played was Syndicate and I had a blast with it. The deep RPG eliments to the newer AC games is why I always hesitated to purchase Valhalla.

Odyssey was too big, but still better than Origins, and Valhalla while fine just doesn't feel as good as either.

Origins is my gold standard of the modern ones currently. But I haven't played Valhalla. It's in my backlog. I heard odyssey is better if you play as the girl. I didn't. And Alexios is annoying as fuck. " I always finish what I've started". I jumped off a few cliffs on purpose. Bayak was a boss.

Back