Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Asahisa beat Gonnapar by split decision in extra round. I haven't watched so not sure if it is an actual split decision or hometown decision. Let me know if anyone could find a video to watch it.

Asahisa beat Gonnapar by split decision in extra round. I haven't watched so not sure if it is an actual split decision or hometown decision. Let me know if anyone could find a video to watch it.
Asahisa deserved to win in the original 3 rounds, he clearly hurt Gonnapar with knees to the body, and dominated most of the extra round with aggression and punching in combinations
The judging was very generous to Gonnapar overall

Main card for RISE is starting soon.

Taiga vs Nakamura up first, followed by Masahiko Suzuki vs Tepparith, and then the 1st round of the 53kg tournament begins! Can't wait!

All 4 fights were super close as they were supposed to be due to having 8 of the best at 53kg. Jin beat Toki by UD in match 1, it was close but Jin was landing the better shots and with the knockdown Toki knew he had lost.

Kazane vs Ebata had to go to an extra round which i thought was a bit generous to Ebata but no big deal. Kazane pushed through the fatigue and landed more in the extra round, while Ebata struggled to do anything meaningful, and Kazane rightfully won by SD.

Shiro vs Kodai was close but it was always in Shiro's hands. Everyone looks at Shiro and thinks "He's not that good, Tenshin beat him twice" but it's extremely hard to beat Shiro. Every time Koudai landed 1 Shiro would land 2 straight back. It went to an extra round but Shiro was in full control and with a knockdown he sealed the UD win.

Kazuki vs Issei was as awesome as expected. Kazuki came in as the RISE champ but had drawn with Issei twice and lost to him once years ago. Very close fight until Kazuki floored Issei in the 2nd round and from there it never looked like Kazuki would lose. UD for Kazuki

Jin vs Kazane, and Shiro vs Kazuki in September

I will post the RISE and Knock Out fights from today as they become available on their channels. I'll leave the K-1 stuff to someone else.

Oh and i forgot to say earlier. The event in September with the tournament semis and final will also feature - Tenshin, Kento Haraguchi, and Taiju Shiratori.

Last edited:
Next week we have RISE 151.

https://rise-rc.com/event/210728_RISE151_210721

8 fights, no huge names but for anyone interested here's my thoughts...

Not in any order

- Sano vs Nanbara - Sano has looked very average but his opponent Nanbara is debuting so it's hard to tell how this will go.
- Hoshi vs Kanetsuka - Same as above, Hoshi looked pretty meh in his debut earlier this year, and Kanetsuka is debuting.
- Rasta vs Chibana - Rasta is weird, always smiling and doesn't seem all that good, but somehow he beats everyone who isn't elite. Chibana isn't elite but he has KO power so we'll see.
- Fuji vs Miwa - Miwa is debuting so it's hard to tell from his end, but Fuji has looked incredible so far in his 2 Rise fights. One to watch.
- Okudaira vs Ruka - 19 y/o Okudaira looks to have so much potential with 2 finishes in 2 appearances in Rise. His opponent Ruka hasn't fought since 2019 and lost his last fight but before that he was on a 7 fight win streak. One to watch.
- Yamakawa vs Umei - Both are very inconsistent, but Umei shows potential and with him being Tenshin's apprentice he's always improving. One to watch.
- Kazushima vs Ryuya - Possibly the fight of the night. Kazushima looked very impressive in his 2 wins from 2 fights in Rise. His opponent Ryuya has only had 1 fight in Rise but dominated, and before that he mainly fought in muay thai in BOM where he would regularly be against Thais. He's on a 5 fight win streak and he's teammates with my favourite muay thai fighter from Japan, Nadaka Yoshinari. One to watch.
- Kudo vs Takeuchi (58kg Title Match) - Since losing to Panpayak in ONE and returning to Rise, Kudo has looked good but he's not at the elite level. Takeuchi is on a 5 fight win streak and hasn't lost in 2 years.

Krush is pretty unremarkable this week - but it has the freakshow appeal of a 1 night 4 man cruiserweight tournament
16532_pos_file.jpg

frontrunner is Sattari (far right) who will likely challenge fellow Iranian Sina Karimian for the K-1 title if he wins

Last edited:
Luke posted 1 of the 4 tournament matches from Rise so here are the other 3 -

This was the reserve match for the tournament and as it happens it's Kazuki's brother Koki -

All the other matches are on the Rise YT channel.

For anyone that didn't see RISE 150 in June, here's the debut of a barely 16 year old. He's obviously got things to work on and he gets quite tired in the 3rd round but man does he look promising. Ryusei is in his corner and he's an absolute killer himself so he's in great company.

Not blowing it out of proportion and saying he's gonna be a future star or anything crazy, but for a kid who's just turned 16 he looks mighty impressive to me.

For anyone that didn't see RISE 150 in June, here's the debut of a barely 16 year old. He's obviously got things to work on and he gets quite tired in the 3rd round but man does he look promising. Ryusei is in his corner and he's an absolute killer himself so he's in great company.

Not blowing it out of proportion and saying he's gonna be a future star or anything crazy, but for a kid who's just turned 16 he looks mighty impressive to me.

Matsushita was an extremely decorated karateka, definitely has a lot of potential

RISE 151 has just started for anyone interested.

Still 3 fights left but it's been a weird event so far. Both got knocked down in the 1st fight and it ended a draw, Shigeki was supposed to win the 2nd fight but it was a massive clinchfest and he got floored too so he got beat, 3rd fight was too heavier guys slugging it out, 4th fight Shota looked impressive as always, and then the 5th fight Yamakawa gets injured somehow and that's it. Still 3 fights to go but not the best event so far apart from Shota's performance. The next fight SHOULD be the fight of the night so let's hope.

EDIT - Ryuya vs Riku was awesome as expected but sadly... a draw

EDIT 2 - Rasta vs Chibana - What a fight!

EDIT 3 - The main event - Kudo vs Takeuchi... Takeuchi had Kudo down and hurt but instead of staying calm he goes for a muay thai clinch which is a big no no and gets a yellow card. No big deal, though he has to realize that break gave Kudo enough time to recover, yet he doesn't and just runs in and gets downed himself. Now at this point it's 1 knockdown each, Takeuchi should chill, but no he tries to get it back and gets downed again. Now he's been downed twice and the round is coming to an end just chill and try again in round 2... but no he goes balls to the wall and gets downed again and ends up crying in the fetal position knowing he completely fucked up.

Last edited:
Welterweight Championship GP scheduled for the K-1 event in Yokohama

Masaaki Noiri, Rukiya Anpo, and Ayinta Ali looks like who they're pushing for the belt.

Also announced was Akihiro Kaneko x Koki, Taito Gunji x Niimi, Shinotsuka, and Ryuka.

They'll announce opponents for Kyotaro, Hirotaka Asahisa, Yasuhiro Kido, Ryusei Ashizawa, and Kaito Ozawa on the 4th.

Back