Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

4 man kickboxing tournament Rizin may 30th

View attachment 854486

What a weird tournament...

You've got Taiju - usually fights around 138lbs-141lbs but this is 134lbs, and he lost his two biggest recents fights.
Ryo - 1-1-1 in his last 3 fights but could shake things up.
Genji - alternates between MT and KB (fought Kulabdam years ago) and got KO'd by Taiju a few years back.
and the weirdest pick Koji - has fought Takeru, Tenshin and even Gomi... fights between 129lbs-143lbs

I'll watch but that's an odd lineup.

What a weird tournament...

You've got Taiju - usually fights around 138lbs-141lbs but this is 134lbs, and he lost his two biggest recents fights.
Ryo - 1-1-1 in his last 3 fights but could shake things up.
Genji - alternates between MT and KB (fought Kulabdam years ago) and got KO'd by Taiju a few years back.
and the weirdest pick Koji - has fought Takeru, Tenshin and even Gomi... fights between 129lbs-143lbs

I'll watch but that's an odd lineup.

Rizin obviously just trying to give Taiju easy wins

He needs some wins for sure but really he should rematch Naoki. He only lost because of a cut so his only proper loss since he returned ot KB is to Kento and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

The fighter the tournament has been built around is Kouzi, he is the biggest ticket seller in Osaka. RIZIN isnt Taiju's home promotion, they arent invested in seeing him on top, but he is a notable name by kickboxing standards and legitimizes the event competitively

The fighter the tournament has been built around is Kouzi, he is the biggest ticket seller in Osaka. RIZIN isnt Taiju's home promotion, they arent invested in seeing him on top, but he is a notable name by kickboxing standards and legitimizes the event competitively

I feel like Rizin just gives the Rise champs easy fights. Tenshin, Taiju, are always given showcase fights on Rizin. They are affiliated. I doubt Kozi wins he's way undersized here and is too one dimensional.

Kouzi's sole reason of existence in Rizin is the same with his time in K-1. To sell tickets in Osaka events and attract Kansai fans lol

I feel like Rizin just gives the Rise champs easy fights. Tenshin, Taiju, are always given showcase fights on Rizin. They are affiliated. I doubt Kozi wins he's way undersized here and is too one dimensional.
Tenshin has fought some of his best opponents in RIZIN like Kumandoi, Ebata and Kouzi. Obviously the orgs work together, but Kouzi is why this tournament, and this card is happening.

RIZIN gain nothing from Taiju winning or losing, he just helps the tournament look legit. If he weren't there, it would be Kouzi, an old muay thai guy in Umeno, and an unknown prospect in Takahashi.

Kouzi's sole reason of existence in Rizin is the same with his time in K-1. To sell tickets in Osaka events and attract Kansai fans lol
Tenshin has fought some of his best opponents in RIZIN like Kumandoi, Ebata and Kouzi. Obviously the orgs work together, but Kouzi is why this tournament, and this card is happening.

RIZIN gain nothing from Taiju winning or losing, he just helps the tournament look legit. If he weren't there, it would be Kouzi, an old muay thai guy in Umeno, and an unknown prospect in Takahashi.

I know he's popular but he's just used to promote better fighters and his gimmick is stale. I love watching him get beat up lol

RISE on Abema is tomorrow, 49kg womens title fight, exhibition bouts featuring Haraguchi, Beynoah, Shiro and Issei Ishii, and two 4oz glove style fights on the undercard

RISE WORLD SERIES 2021 - Dead or Alive 53kg Tournament - July 18th

(Champion) Kazuki Osaki vs Issei Ishii
Kodai Hirayama vs Shiro
Mutsuki Ebata vs Kazane
Jin Mandokoro vs Toki Tamaru

Semi finals and Final will take place September 23rd

https://efight.jp/news-20210517_539955

I said the Rizin tournament that got announced was weird but this tournament by RISE is stacked! Literally any of these guys could win the whole thing.

I'm leaning towards Gonnapar but I think Asahisa is a live underdog. Wouldn't be surprised to see him catch Gonnapar clean like Shinohara did a few years back.

RISE WORLD SERIES 2021 - Dead or Alive 53kg Tournament - July 18th

(Champion) Kazuki Osaki vs Issei Ishii
Kodai Hirayama vs Shiro
Mutsuki Ebata vs Kazane
Jin Mandokoro vs Toki Tamaru

Semi finals and Final will take place September 23rd

https://efight.jp/news-20210517_539955

I said the Rizin tournament that got announced was weird but this tournament by RISE is stacked! Literally any of these guys could win the whole thing.

Too bad Tenshin vs Prajanchai didn't actually happen

Back