Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Nadaka mainly fights for BOM, but he does participate in Rizin too. Interestingly, if you see Nadaka has a match in Rizin under kickboxing rules... it's not actually kickboxing rules. All his Rizin matches have allowed clinching, elbows and dumps.
Most of the japanese Kickboxing scene was with that ruleset before K-1....

I would say what makes Kickboxing different from Muay Thai is not exactly the lack of elbows and clinch, but mainly the scoring system (And the Sarama).

I will never call ONE Muay Thai real Muay Thai.

So K-1 followed suit from RISE and announced an all-women's card for the end of June at Yoyogi 2nd.

KANA is planning on defending against Kotomi if her injury wasn't too severe.

Miyu Sugawara, MIO, Miho knuckle, and SAHO were also present. Miyu is actually requesting a one night tournament to determine a second K-1 Women's champ.

Nakada Yoshinari is undoubtably the best muay thai guu from Japan at the moment, but 18 year old Ryu Hanaoka is on an absolute tear at the moment. Since his loss in Feb 2021 he's 8 fights, including a short notice fight where he moved up 6kg, and 2 single-night tournaments.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/239455-ryu-hanaoka

If KNOCK OUT, Rizin or BOM don't put Nadaka against Ryu at some point it'll be a huge disappointment.

catching up with Rizin 34... Awesome KO by Yuuki Kazahara:

I'm starting to wonder if/when they're even gonna upload the landmark fights... still haven't seen Nadaka Yoshinari's last fight and it's killing me.

I'm starting to wonder if/when they're even gonna upload the landmark fights... still haven't seen Nadaka Yoshinari's last fight and it's killing me.
I totally agree, I have to wait a month to watch the fight

Thank you kindly good sir!

EDIT - So they're interested in bringing Nadaka to K1? I don't see him going for that. He likes to fight in MT for a few different orgs and he doesn't do kickboxing at all, but maybe i'm wrong and he'll go for it.

Last edited:
Thank you kindly good sir!

EDIT - So they're interested in bringing Nadaka to K1? I don't see him going for that. He likes to fight in MT for a few different orgs and he doesn't do kickboxing at all, but maybe i'm wrong and he'll go for it.

I doubt he would go for it, in interviews he still talks about going back to Thailand when possible. He's stilll super small and already 21 years old, his next fight is booked at 51kg.
Kazuki Osaki called him out for a fight on the Tenshin vs Takeru card, we'll see if he answers.

I doubt he would go for it, in interviews he still talks about going back to Thailand when possible. He's stilll super small and already 21 years old, his next fight is booked at 51kg.
Kazuki Osaki called him out for a fight on the Tenshin vs Takeru card, we'll see if he answers.

Kazuki called him out? Oh man that would be awesome. Gotta go with Nadaka though.

RISE event was awesome

Lots of KOs and Tenshin won a razor thin decision over teammate

Nice , Is it supposed to be a 5 round fight ?

Details haven't been made official yet. In the press conference Takeru was asking for an unlimited extra rounds KO only fight. It's obviously not happening but yeah pretty sure it's going to be 5.

Yeah we got a date and venue.

K-1 fighters cam to the RISE event and vice versa, plenty of people calling out each others to be on the card.

If only Petch was fighting on this card, we'd get Petch vs Gonnapar.

Kaneko vs Shiro would be good, and maybe Kazuki vs Kuroda. I wonder what we actually get.

Details haven't been made official yet. In the press conference Takeru was asking for an unlimited extra rounds KO only fight. It's obviously not happening but yeah pretty sure it's going to be 5.
Oh man I wish it was unlimited extra rounds. That’s my main issue with kickboxing and Muay Thai is the 3 round and and even 5 round fights . It works for MMA with the 5 minute rounds , but I with kickboxing was like boxing in the sense of getting 10 round fights.

There are a lot of fights where it’s hard to see who is truly better fighter because they share such little time in the ring

If only Petch was fighting on this card, we'd get Petch vs Gonnapar.

Kaneko vs Shiro would be good, and maybe Kazuki vs Kuroda. I wonder what we actually get.

The different call outs were Kaito (from shootboxing) asking for Noiri who answered positively, Masahiko Suzuki after his fight called out Akihiro Kaneko who was in the crowd, Haraguchi asked for Yamazaki (before he got put to sleep though), Kouzi asked for a 60kg tournament on the card. There is a dozen other fighters (Osaki, Kan Nakamura, Ya-Man...) who understandably asked to be on the card. Who knows what we'll actually get.

The different call outs were Kaito (from shootboxing) asking for Noiri who answered positively, Masahiko Suzuki after his fight called out Akihiro Kaneko who was in the crowd, Haraguchi asked for Yamazaki (before he got put to sleep though), Kouzi asked for a 60kg tournament on the card. There is a dozen other fighters (Osaki, Kan Nakamura, Ya-Man...) who understandably asked to be on the card. Who knows what we'll actually get.

Good on Kaito if he gets Noiri, that's a tough night. Kento vs Yamazaki would have been great before the KO. I think Ya-Man is a must, he's always great entertainment.

Back