Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

No international PPV announced, unfortunately. Hopefully, Live-Now gets it.

I hate how it’s only 3-4 rounds, wish it were atleast 5

so will this be the last we see of Tenshin in kickboxing ?

Problem is that afaik to pay something on Abema you need a japanese credit card number so we'll se. They're working with the same group as Rizin does so I'm expecting an english commentary stream.

This is best case and worst case scenario. They put the fight together but it is going to be a nightmare to find a way to watch it. If they do an international ppv, it will get announced June 17 or something. Or we'll have to watch a month later, albeit free, on YouTube with no entrances or intros.

Gonna be in the middle of the night for me even if I find a way to watch it. I'll likely just try to avoid Beyond Kick Spoilers and find a bootleg YouTube upload in the morning.

Didn't there used to be an English-speaking member of Rizin's staff who posted on this board? I've DMed the Rizin English Twitter but I don't get any responses.

Got a response from Rizinstaff on Reddit. There will be an international PPV broadcast for Tenshin/Takeru.
You would think they would be stupid if they dont do it but then I remember they are japanese businessmen, and most of the things they do related with foreign audiences has no sense at all.

You would think they would be stupid if they dont do it but then I remember they are japanese businessmen, and most of the things they do related with foreign audiences has no sense at all.
The biggest events always come down to the last minute with foreign broadcast. I wish they stayed with FITE. I understand that they don't want the content accessible forever because of YouTube $ but they can still get the details out earlier. I'm too damn old to watch fights at 4 AM so FITE made it so easy. Live-Now is fine, I like that they eliminate the intermission, but it does have a short window to watch. I wish they gave a week for VOD.

Anyway, I hope Takeru gets the KO but I'm fairly confident, with 3 rounds and RISE rules, that this will be a tepid stalemate with Tenshin getting a UD. Giant cash grab before going into (and failing at) boxing.

The biggest events always come down to the last minute with foreign broadcast. I wish they stayed with FITE. I understand that they don't want the content accessible forever because of YouTube $ but they can still get the details out earlier. I'm too damn old to watch fights at 4 AM so FITE made it so easy. Live-Now is fine, I like that they eliminate the intermission, but it does have a short window to watch. I wish they gave a week for VOD.

Anyway, I hope Takeru gets the KO but I'm fairly confident, with 3 rounds and RISE rules, that this will be a tepid stalemate with Tenshin getting a UD. Giant cash grab before going into (and failing at) boxing.
Yeah he’s gonna mess his career up . The fact that he looked like shit and arguably lost that exhibition to a beyond washed Gomi. Even wot the fact that gomi was bigger , tenshins boxing just looked trash. He looked like a journeyman MMA fighter trying his hand at boxing.

Back