International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V15

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) threw down the gauntlet Sunday, challenging his Republican colleague Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) to take a trip to Ukraine and calling on him to “quit talking about things you don’t know anything about until you go.”

In a New York Times op-ed earlier this month, Vance argued that Ukraine lacks the manpower it needs to successfully push Russia out of Ukrainian territory. Ukraine “needs more soldiers than it can field, even with draconian conscription policies,” Vance wrote, and it “needs more matériel than the United States can provide.”

I think you're severely overestimating the ability of Murica to change the finality of the outcome. Ukrainian will be able to last another 6 to 9 months in the Donbass region and will inflict heavier casualties on the Russians a result of this package. Ukraine is still headed for a defeat in 2025. The timeline has merely been pushed back.

Also, Murica did not come through for South Vietnam and Afghanistan. Your track record is mixed at best.
Wasn't Ukraine supposed to fall in 1 month? Prediction by most experts? But here we are. You are the new expert.

Yep.

I am against all foreign aid and I'd slash the military budget by 50% minimum.

Things aren't going to get better until we deal with the elephant in the room - government spending.

All the issues the West faces right now come back to governments getting too big and wasteful and actually standing in the way of the people they are supposed to serve having the lives they deserve.

Taxes are out of control. Spending is out of control. We need reform.

70 years of funding foreign wars hasn't made us any safer or more prosperous as a society. It's just made a few millionaires into multi billionaires and turned the political class into multi-millionaire whores.
Wait, people are still using the bullshit "we're sending them old equiptment" narrative still?

Stop funding this war IMMEDITELY.

Arms industry owns Washington so it will never stop. It will be a total fucking waste like every war the US has pushed in the last 75 years. We learn nothing.
You simpletons.
190312-D-ZZ999-001.JPG

You've been living under the peace dividend probably your entire adult life.

Waah waah waah we've been enjoying the spoils of winning geopolitical battles but are too dumb to realize it. We should stop winning.

I won't bother addressing these retarded comparisons and false analogies.

Had Ukraine stayed within the Russian sphere they would be in a substantially better position right now, instead they got conned by the west and now their country is getting wrecked and they're killing off all of their men in a winless quagmire. Way to go, bozos. If they accepted Putin's terms by allowing the Donbas some sovereignty they wouldn't be wrecked. If they didn't allow the west to sabotage multiple peace resolutions they would be alright. Keeping this war going has only made things worse for them. They aren't fighting for their freedom, they're fighting for a money laundering scheme to continue. Ukraine isn't sovereign. It's only gotten more corrupt since they let the west take over and they have nothing to show for it.
You forgot to add what about the nazis, biolabs, not a real country, and they are really a part of Russia.

What's this actually based on though?

I notice you've said this a few times, is that just based on how you feel?

I haven't read many experts out there that think Russia can land any sort of KO blow on Ukraine any time soon.
Because he doesn't care about the actual issue or its consequences. It's just a sort of virtue signal to posture being right (hence the goalpost moving)
Why don't you ask Zelensky?

Wasn't Ukraine supposed to fall in 1 month? Prediction by most experts? But here we are. You are the new expert.
Well you better tell Ukrainian generals not to be so pessimistic then.

You simpletons.
190312-D-ZZ999-001.JPG

You've been living under the peace dividend probably your entire adult life.

Waah waah waah we've been enjoying the spoils of winning geopolitical battles but are too dumb to realize it. We should stop winning.

Huh? We've been at war most of my life and guys have been coming home with limbs blown off and ptsd. The fuck are you talking about? We have also been getting hammered with terror attacks for 20 years because of this dumb shit.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) threw down the gauntlet Sunday, challenging his Republican colleague Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) to take a trip to Ukraine and calling on him to “quit talking about things you don’t know anything about until you go.”

In a New York Times op-ed earlier this month, Vance argued that Ukraine lacks the manpower it needs to successfully push Russia out of Ukrainian territory. Ukraine “needs more soldiers than it can field, even with draconian conscription policies,” Vance wrote, and it “needs more matériel than the United States can provide.”
The most horrible reality is that Ukr can't deploy to frontlines enough brigades due to lack of sufficient weaponry and ammunition.
While Russia does have advantage with ability now also do CAS missions not just drop gliding bombs from long distance due to shortage in air defense...

Also Russia does have advantage in ammount of ammo available for MRLS systems, maybe Iran, North Korea and Belarus h2ad racked up supplies for 122mm Grad .....? Ofc also 152 mm ammo.

Marge getting some of that Russian TV love.

Huh? We've been at war most of my life and guys have been coming home with limbs blown off and ptsd. The fuck are you talking about? We have also been getting hammered with terror attacks for 20 years because of this dumb shit.
oh noes terrorists.

Such good times they were. Crushed the USSR and made the world so safe people could be convinced terrorists were some big issue.

A friend of mine told me the only reason "former military vet" that Mike allowed this to pass was over Israel not because he gain common sense. He said the attack on Israel was a bridge to far for the MAGA Republican. He was likely on the phone with Trump telling him that his core was too support Israel and that would require Ukraine aid. He told Trump with this limited Government there was no way he could pass an Israel only bill.

He is likely crossing his fingers hoping that Ukraine aid gets tripped up in the Senate somehow while allowing Israel aid to pass figuring no way Biden would not sign it. It just took this long because he spent the time trying to hash out a deal that he knows he could not talk to anyone else but Trump. The other more evil reason was closer to Nov. elections and if Trump wins all that needs to be done is for Russia to run out the clock. Meat waves amassing huge numbers of troops on the ground to hold ground even with US arms till then and next winter will slow things down.

I think Michael McCaul is clueless to these things as he praises Mike Johnsons actions. Matt Gaetz showed Mike Johnsons hand by saying Mikes job is safe. Matt Gaetz of all people go figure.

"
Speaker Mike Johnson earned praise from both a top Republican and a progressive Democrat on Sunday for allowing votes on a $95 billion foreign aid package, suggesting he'll be able to hold onto his job if conservative hard-liners make good on their threat to force a vote to remove him as the leader of the House.

"I am so proud of the speaker, Mike Johnson. He went through a transformation," House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul, a Texas Republican, said on ABC News' "This Week." "At the end of the day, a profile in courage is putting the nation above yourself -- and that's what he did. He said, 'At the end of the day, I'm going to be on the right side of history, irrespective of my job,' and I think that was what I admired so much."

Rep. Ro Khanna, a Democrat from California, agreed.

"I disagree with Speaker Johnson on many issues, and I've been very critical of him," Khanna told "This Week" co-anchor Jonathan Karl in a separate interview. "But he did the right thing here and he deserves to keep his job 'til the end of his term."

Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, one of Johnson's loudest critics within their party, has proposed but not yet acted on a motion to vacate the speakership over his support for the foreign aid bills -- in particular $60.8 billion to help Ukraine in its fight against Russia's invasion."

Last edited:
Bit offtopic but don't want to make thread for that.

Is that true that Saudis bought 100 Abram tanks from US. 97 got destroyed within a month and rest remain as an exhibition objects and therefore Saudis cancelled any further orders?
What in the world are you talking about?

Quality people Putlier:

"
SRINAGAR, India — Across India, families are hearing similar stories from men who went abroad in search of work: They were lured to Russia with promises of jobs as cooks or housekeepers, only to find themselves forced to fight alongside the Russian military in its war against Ukraine.

Some families, frustrated by what they say is a lack of support from the Indian government, say they feel they have no choice but to travel to Russian-occupied areas of Ukraine to get their loved ones back.

“For months, the families have been awaiting government action to bring the Indian citizens back home, but so far no progress has been made,” Raja Begum, 65, told NBC News last month as she sat in the yard of her two-story home in Poshwan, a village in Indian-administered Kashmir.

Begum’s son Azad Yousuf Kumar, 31, left India for the United Arab Emirates in December. She said he had been promised a housekeeping job in Dubai by a consultant there identified as Faisal Khan, who often advertised such jobs on his YouTube channel, Baba Vlogs. In exchange for the job, Kumar paid a fee of 300,000 rupees, or $3,600, she said."

On to the next propaganda piece i see.

I hope this aid package getting approved didn't hurt your feelings to bad bro.
He really proved you were the kid and he was an adult by calling you a nazi supporter