Safe to say we are no longer in the era of title-holder longevity

Quantum Jake

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
belts are being passed around like hot cakes, with the exception of mighty mouse (but we all know why that is). Will we ever see another champ with that unbreakable aura whilst in his/her prime? Will we ever see another champ with 10+ consecutive title defenses again?

We still have Dominick, who I don't see losing his belt soon, not to mention Jon Jones (yeah).

But I feel ya, especially 170 and 185 are fucking crazy now unlike a couple of years ago.

Fast forward to 2018...

"Bisping at 39 years old has cleared out his divison. He out wrestled Yoel, Submitted Jacare, defeated Weidman and made Luke quit the sport."-Future Goat Michael The Count Bisping

Aka chamPING.

Jon-Jones-Shredded-Header-1560x690_c.jpg

In the next few years we will probably not see a guy with 10 consecutive title defenses, maybe Might Mouse maybe not he need to wait on that one, Jones had a chance but blew it.
Jones can still be the fighter with the most world titles, Silva has 11 Jones has 9 so he is close.

cruz? jones? i think lawler will be champ for a while as well especially cnsidering that condit rematch fell through. also RDA has looked unstoppable lately as much as it pains me to say it

Yes we will. Everything comes and goes and the landscape of MMA varies wildly year to year. Stop over-reacting to everything.

cruz? jones? i think lawler will be champ for a while as well especially cnsidering that condit rematch fell through. also RDA has looked unstoppable lately as much as it pains me to say it
lawler won't be if thompson beats rory

Lawler is a paper champ.

:>

Evolution of training + better gyms + better athletes getting into mma = less dominance.

I dont see DJ or Cruz losing anytime soon. 145-265 is a big belt carousel though. I know theres Jones at 205 but I can see him losing in his next few fights. Im very confident Cruz and DJ go on long dominant streaks.

The level has gone down and also the people becoming champs in this current era are not quite dominant champion caliber to begin with.. For someone to truely become a dominant champion as the likes of GSP and Jones one needs to excel in his profession and take it to extreme limits

It is Jones and MM. There just aren't many dominant fighters at the moment and there aren't easy fights at the top.

Cruz will be the champion as long as he avoids TJ.

DJ won't lose soon, and while I am a Faber fan regardless, I wasn't really expecting him or anybody else to beat Cruz. Cruz may lose to his own body, but he'll be dominant until then.

Cant see cruz keeping the belt. Cody will most likely take that from him. Too injury-prone too.
RDA wont keep it for much longer khabib will take that
Mighty mouse doesnt count
Robbie looked mortal in his bout with condit
We dont know how jon jones handles ring rust.

So previously we had GSP and Silva, and now we have JJ, MM, and Cruz. Seems like the number of long reigning champs has gone up 50% not down. Please feel free to check my math.

Back