Media Seems our boy Bones might be fighting at HW again after Stipe

AstralPanda

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

As I've said, this isn't about avoiding tests.

It's about business.

Tom is quite possibly one of the worst business moves Jon could ever make.

A lot of you guys don't seem to grasp that.

Plus, you think Tom is wa better than he actually is, so there's that as well.

But yeah, pereira Jones is a fight. I think he's gonna make it happen.

I think Tom is a much tougher fight for Jon.

Jon has a most likely easy path to victory in clinching and grappling Alex and getting him down.

Tom is bigger than Jon with a more well-rounded skillset than Alex.

Alex is just a more powerful version of Gane when it comes to skillset. He's probably less useless on the ground than Gane is though

Make u your mind Jon.... Is it money or legacy you are fighting for. Tom is definitely the harder fight. A natural heavy weight who's trained MMA all his career. Alex is a fantastic striker but is not a proven all rounder. Everybody already knows what your path to victory against Alex would be. How would you beat Tom?

Jon's intention was to move to heavyweight and we a two division champion. He doesn't feel the need to prove anything at heavyweight anymore, especially with the risk involved.

Alex should fight Jon at light heavyweight to make him do the cut. We've seen plenty of fighter at LHW stuff Jones. Alex is a great athlete and has Glover in his camp. I could easily see Alex forcing a standup fight and wrecking Jones.

Jon most likely gets humbled and retires either path he takes.

Make u your mind Jon.... Is it money or legacy you are fighting for. Tom is definitely the harder fight. A natural heavy weight who's trained MMA all his career. Alex is a fantastic striker but is not a proven all rounder. Everybody already knows what your path to victory against Alex would be. How would you beat Tom?
It's prize fighting, money and legacy have a pretty damn direct connection and relationship. Don't be obtuse just because it's Jones.

Let’s be honest…

Pereira has more hype behind him than Aspinall does, and there’s already people saying it’s just a matter of time before he becomes a future heavyweight champ as well. I believe Periera/Jones would be the more fan friendly and casual friendly fight over Aspinall/Jones…

From a money making standpoint it makes sense for Jones. Pereira is an exciting fighter who has a lot of hype behind him.

From a legacy standpoint it makes sense for Jones. Pereira held titles in 2 divisions and in 2 sports and is more recognizable and more accomplished fighter than Aspinall.

From a matchup standpoint it makes sense for Jones. Pereira’s grappling was tested against Adesanya and I can see Jones doing the same thing. Aspinall has already showed himself to be a competent grappler and is a larger fighter.

I see nothing wrong with this. I just want to see Jones back in there ASAP.

It's about business.

It looks like an other way to say he is scared of Tom

I think Tom is a much tougher fight for Jon.

Jon has a most likely easy path to victory in clinching and grappling Alex and getting him down.

Tom is bigger than Jon with a more well-rounded skillset than Alex.

Alex is just a more powerful version of Gane when it comes to skillset. He's probably less useless on the ground than Gane is though

-trains with Glover
-is more useless on ground than Gane

Yeah you're a casual

Pereiera makes sense.

He's got enough star power to make it worthwhile, but when Jon gets him down, it's over. No question.

Aspinall is a wildcard, he's big, he's got hands and a very solid ground game. That said, it is Jones, but that would be a fight.

There's always the possibility Pereira could put his lights out ,but the potential for Jones ending the fight early is way higher.

It's about business.

Hmm, fight a well rounded HW that actually has a ground game or a former middleweight Kickboxer with an untested ground game?
Tom is the Interim Champ who won against a contender? Jon is the HW Champ who won against contender Gane.
He/ you can spin it how you like, but he is dodging, ducking, dipping, diving, and dodging Tom.

Back