Sergey Kharitonov will face against Cheik Kongo Aug 20 in Bellator event

Announced to be Homasi at 264

What the fuck is the point in that fight? <DisgustingHHH>

All I can think is that it's because IIRC this is the last fight on Koreshkov's contract and maybe he doesn't want to sign a new one.

What the fuck is the point in that fight? <DisgustingHHH>

All I can think is that it's because IIRC this is the last fight on Koreshkov's contract and maybe he doesn't want to sign a new one.
Its not a bad fight, though. I do think Koreshkov should be fighting ranked opposition but its a fun fight, if it stays standing IMO.

Its not a bad fight, though. I do think Koreshkov should be fighting ranked opposition but its a fun fight, if it stays standing IMO.

Tbf I've always thought Homasi sucked so maybe I'm harsh on the guy.

Tbf I've always thought Homasi sucked so maybe I'm harsh on the guy.
His stand up is good enough to make the fight interesting on the feet. Btw, if this is Koreshkov's last fight then its a weird one to give him.

His stand up is good enough to make the fight interesting on the feet. Btw, if this is Koreshkov's last fight then its a weird one to give him.

It might just be someone to get it out of the way, it's not like Homasi has a lot of hype behind him and maybe he might land a lucky punch. I can't imagine they'd want him to go out with a win against any of their prospects or genuine contenders if he does leave.

So far its:
- Sergei vs Kongo
- Storley vs TBA
- Hamel vs TBA
- Johnson vs TBA

Last edited:
It might just be someone to get it out of the way, it's not like Homasi has a lot of hype behind him and maybe he might land a lucky punch. I can't imagine they'd want him to go out with a win against any of their prospects or genuine contenders if he does leave.
I mean they could do Lima vs Koreshkov 4 or Berkhamov vs Koreshkov in Moscow and those would be tough AF fights, particularly Berkhamov because he has no name value but would have a good chance at getting it done.

Im not sure how much money the UFC would ofer him either. Given that he is Russian and not a lot of name value among casuals. I mean not even Tumenov is able to get a contract. But maybe ONE could give him more money.

I mean they could do Lima vs Koreshkov 4 or Berkhamov vs Koreshkov in Moscow and those would be tough AF fights, particularly Berkhamov because he has no name value but would have a good chance at getting it done.

Im not sure how much money the UFC would ofer him either. Given that he is Russian and not a lot of name value among casuals. I mean not even Tumenov is able to get a contract. But maybe ONE could give him more money.

Would be a disaster if he beat Lima and then immediately signed with the UFC though. At least this way he doesn't beat anybody with much of a name and doesn't derail anybody who might get good later.

Dunno if it would be the UFC or not, but he might have an offer from PFL or ONE to think about as you say.

Would be a disaster if he beat Lima and then immediately signed with the UFC though. At least this way he doesn't beat anybody with much of a name and doesn't derail anybody who might get good later.

Dunno if it would be the UFC or not, but he might have an offer from PFL or ONE to think about as you say.
I think Lima has his number, though. But with Lima out of the title picture he has a way to the title again. I hope he stays but would also like to see him in the UFC.

Keith Lee is back. Knowing his strength of schedule in Bellator so far he’s probably facing Archuleta or something

Going with Kongo in a dreadful fight. He will probably clinch and dirty box his way to a UD. Maybe throw in a TD too. Guy is built like a tank and finds ways to win. I think even better wrestlers than him get lulled into his fights. He knows how to use his length to get maximum leverage. I hate to say this but when Cheick is using that boring style he is tough for anybody on the planet. You really can't just blow him out since he is constantly smothering his opponent.

Tough pick but i think Kongo gets it done. Kongo pressure takedown would be too much for Sergey.

Going with Kongo in a dreadful fight. He will probably clinch and dirty box his way to a UD. Maybe throw in a TD too. Guy is built like a tank and finds ways to win. I think even better wrestlers than him get lulled into his fights. He knows how to use his length to get maximum leverage. I hate to say this but when Cheick is using that boring style he is tough for anybody on the planet. You really can't just blow him out since he is constantly smothering his opponent.
I hate to say it but I think Kongo might actually have a good chance to beat Ngannou.

I have underestimated Kongo before, but I believe he can turn every bout into a boring clinch fest. Would it be pretty and watchable, no.

He gets caught a bit though and if Ngannou catches him once its night night. There's a lot of good fighters I think he can give trouble to but Frank isn't one of them

Back